Wildcard Contenders

Smith22

Reaction score
So, this week is:

Washington vs New York Giants

Tampa Bay vs New Orleans

Carolina @ Green Bay

Atlanta @ San Diego

As long as we beat the Seahags, we are bound to get help here. The Skins will lose big to the Giants. The Saints can score in bunches and the last I heard Reggie Bush is close to coming back. That Packers defense can cause nightmares for the Panthers. Jake is having a real tough time this year. The Chargers appear to be going down in flames, but if they show up, they can do some damage against the Falcons.

Smith22

Reaction score
Looking into the future, Pitt's defense worries me some, but their offense is struggling bad. Ware and company can put some serious heat on Big Ben. Ben isn't very mobile and his OL isn't what it used to be. As long as our OL can give Romo time, we can easily outscore them. The key is NOT turning the ball over against that defense. Pitt is like the Ravens, they rely on their defenses to turn the game and momentum around using pressure and confusion. Speaking of which, turning to a backup QB against the Ravens defense was the worse thing Reid could have done. Talk about setting your QB up to fail. Awful decision. Just awful. I don't see Reid sticking around much longer.... Hopefully the Eagles are done when we play them at the end of the year.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2439597 said:
yeah, that could end up being the killer game, with Romo there, no way we lose but alas, he wasn't.

With anyone BUT Brad Johnson there, no way we lose. :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Smith22

Reaction score
Everyone points to the Rams game, where we got blown out, but the games we easily could have won were the Cards and Skins. We never bothered trying to run against the skins the 1st time, and versus the Cards we had 10 million turnovers, our punt blocked and a kick returned for a TD against us, and we still only lost in overtime.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2439464 said:
There is a chance, but we deffiently don't control our own destiny. We need some of these other teams to fall, and we can't stumble down the line.

I believe we DO CONTROL our destiny......win out....and we are in....simple.

Smith22

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2439803 said:

Agreed. 12-4 is a lock to get us in IMO. Everything would have to fall wrong for us to not make it in at 12-4. Not happening. 12-4 is a tall order though. 11-5 sounds more likely, but 12-4 is not impossible.

dfense

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2439492 said:
I am programming a game analyzer, its very early but it went 13-2 so far this week. If you want to check it out the link is here, scroll down. Some of the stuff is nonsense...its very early and buggy, but its getting results right now. Here's its predictions (obviously as more trends are analyzed as more games get played the predictions become clearer):

Btw ignore the Injury notes those are just things to help the end user make better predictions, right now they arent working yet.

Doesn't look good for us, but I must add right now we look bad because Brad Johnson effected these stats. Imagine we were a team that replaces Romo and Brad every other drive. Our record would be 8-8. :)
Ha ha Are you a Tampa fan? If the Cowboys can't beat Philly without McNabb, they don't deserve to be a wildcard.

StylisticS

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2439803 said:

Have to agree. Everybody else won't win out so Dallas needs to take care of their own business and not worry about any other team. Would still be great if Carolina, Washington, and Atlanta start losing.

StylisticS

Reaction score
dfense;2439851 said:
Ha ha Are you a Tampa fan? If the Cowboys can't beat Philly without McNabb, they don't deserve to be a wildcard.

Ha. The way they are playing now, they should beat them WITH McNabb.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Carolina sucks. I don't know how they won 8 games but if they finish better than 9-7 I'd be surprised.

sbark

Reaction score
Dallas is sitting bout' the same place the NYG were in at this point last year, everyone had put them in a bubble position near midpoint of the season

they got hot, finished strong.....the rest is history....

with our remaining sched....gonna have to improve every week, a annual fade in Dec will expose em'

Pressure is on Wade, Garrett to get the team improving every week...

....the wild card is injuries......

Need Kosier back and no key injuries in thin spots to run the table.....

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2439446 said:
Carolina has a tough remaining schedule. Unfortunately, so do we. However, we're the better team, as long as we remain relatively healthy.

relatively healthy? ...we are doomed.

jRight

Reaction score
The only thing is that Washington tends the Finish There seasons strong. They start riding Clinton Portis all the way to the Playoffs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jRight;2439909 said:
The only thing is that Washington tends the Finish There seasons strong. They start riding Clinton Portis all the way to the Playoffs.

They did under Gibbs but who is to say what they may do under Zorn?

djmajestik

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2439492 said:
I am programming a game analyzer, its very early but it went 13-2 so far this week. If you want to check it out the link is here, scroll down. Some of the stuff is nonsense...its very early and buggy, but its getting results right now. Here's its predictions (obviously as more trends are analyzed as more games get played the predictions become clearer):

Btw ignore the Injury notes those are just things to help the end user make better predictions, right now they arent working yet.

Doesn't look good for us, but I must add right now we look bad because Brad Johnson effected these stats. Imagine we were a team that replaces Romo and Brad every other drive. Our record would be 8-8. :)

Sweet idea dude (although you should have written in some extra padding for the Boys LOL) - I have often thought about doing something like this. If you ever need any help, I am a PHP programmer (amongst other things) and could help you with programming or giving that a face lift using EXT JS or something. If you need help, PM me bro.

Nice work BTW.

Smith22

Reaction score
jRight;2439909 said:

Against the Gmen and Ravens they will need to pass to succeed. I don't see that happening. Skins will lose at least 2 games IMO.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
jRight;2439909 said:

they've been riding him for the season I don't think he has to much more left in him.

Everson24

Reaction score
DallasEast;2439474 said:
If we run the table unbeaten down the stretch AND remain fairly healthy, we'll go into the playoffs as the most dangerous team in the league.

What has this team ever done in December to give you any hope of that actually happening?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I would throw the Saints in the mix for Wild Card contenders.