wildcard

jhow

Reaction score
is it possible that we move ahead of the falcons in the wildcard race if both teams lose this week?

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
jhow;2465181 said:
is it possible that we move ahead of the falcons in the wildcard race if both teams lose this week?

yes, yes it is. Atlanta will lose to a division rival and NFC opponent.

Murph80

Reaction score
I thought we did but I could be wrong. That would add another NFC loss to thier record.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We do go up on them % wise in the conference race. The Saints will do us a big favor by beating them. The Saints need this to stay alive I think.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
jobberone;2465230 said:
We do go up on them % wise in the conference race. The Saints will do us a big favor by beating them. The Saints need this to stay alive I think.

Also the games at New Orleans where the saints are different team. Other than watching eagles lose, this will help kill time before our game.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
If Dallas beats Pittsburgh, Carolina beats Tampa Bay, and New Orleans beats Atlanta this week; Dallas will be the #5 seed.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
jhow;2465181 said:

If Atlanta and Dallas loses today the Tie Breaking rules would look like this:

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

EDIT: Not applicable. ;-)

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Dallas: 6-4
Atlanta: 5-4

So Dallas would move ahead of Atlanta in the Wildcard race.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The Foreskins are going down today. Hopefully, so are the Falcons and the Bucs. These losses, along with our win over Pittsburgh would make for a very nice early Christmas present.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2465275 said:
The Foreskins are going down today. Hopefully, so are the Falcons and the Bucs. These losses, along with our win over Pittsburgh would make for a very nice early Christmas present.

I made a mistake with the Commanders (i used the wrong ruleset). So it really doesn't matter if the Skins win tonight they will be behind us because their division record is worse then our.

Anyways...

For sure they gonna lose tonight :D

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
TwentyOne;2465258 said:
If Atlanta and Dallas loses today the Tie Breaking rules would look like this:

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

Both even at 8-5

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Dallas: 6-4
Atlanta: 5-4

So Dallas would move ahead of Atlanta in the Wildcard race.

What if Washington beats Baltimore?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
TheSport78;2465285 said:
What if Washington beats Baltimore?

Doesn't matter. We would own the better division record (2-2 against Washingtons 2-3).

And btw: I edited the First rule (Head-to-head) because we didn't play Atlanta so it's not applicable. Sorry for that. But it doens't change the outcome: Atlanta will still be behind us.