Will 11-5 Be Enough?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Dallas were to drop the next two to end up at 5-5, then win out, that makes us 11-5.

That is possible with the schedule we have.

Will that be enough to make a wild card berth?

Then it is up to the team to win the game in front of them until they win the last game.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Absolutely it would be enough. I doubt there's ever been an 11-5 team not make the playoffs. It'd be very rare at least.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I definitely think 11-5 would be enough, but I can't see them dropping the next two and then running the table.

If they can't pull this one out, they'd better hope to win the next one.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
10-6 may get us in, even 9-7 considering the south may cancel itself out...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea if the Cowboys were to be 11-5 that means they would've beaten Eagles, Giants or Deadskins atleast once each. That's losses on our rivals records. Everyone is overblowing the NFC East and its a great division but I see some of us in the East losing games. No one is going to win out. Hopefully we can snag this game on Sunday. That would be a season changer right there. I still thinkt he Giants haven't faced anyone noteworthy other than the Deadskins and Pittsburgh. Shouldn't sneeze at those wins but I don't see them being dominate this season as their record indicates.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I believe that since the NFL went to a 16 game season, only one 11-5 team has failed to make the playoffs, and no 11-5 team has failed to make it since they expanded the playoffs to 12 teams. Kind of a silly thread.

If we go 5-5, we're not winning 6 in a row. We'd be doing great to go 10-6, and that would be pretty unlikely. More like 9-7 or 8-8.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My projected divisional winners

NFC East - Giants
NFC North - Bears
NFC South - Buccaneers
NFC West - Cardinals

One of my projected wild cards

Packers

For the Cowboys to fill the other wild card slot, 1) I think we will have to sweep the Eagles and split with Commanders and Giants to leave us 3-3 in the division and 2) Beat the 49ers and Seahawks for a 8-4 conference record. In my opinion, key wins will be the Ravens and Eagles at season's end. If that's accomplished, we can afford a December loss to the Giants IF we beat New York this week.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2383982 said:
If Dallas were to drop the next two to end up at 5-5, then win out, that makes us 11-5.

Then it is up to the team to win the game in front of them until they win the last game.

I think 11-5 wins the East Division. I am not convinced that the Giants are that unstoppable. The Steelers losing their long snapper is the biggest reason he Giants won that game.

I think we win the next 4 (Giants, Commanders, 49ers, and Seahawks) then we split the 4 December games (doesn't that pediction just make everyone cringe:D ).

I think the Eagle game will mean something for Dallas, not for Philly because they will be eliminated by then. I can see us being 11-5, division champs, and have a bye the first week of the playoffs. Sunday is the first step...........:star:

alancdc

Reaction score
Has an 11-5 team EVER not made the playoffs? The other NFC EAST teams haven't even started playing each other yet. We will have played everyone after Sunday. Have teh Giants played anyone other than the Skins in week 1? They will start beating themselves up too. Our bad loss was the Rams, but we got one in GB so maybe that evens out.

BigR

Reaction score
i'm afraid 11-5 may be a stretch. i'm saying we are 5-4 at the break, not great shape but could be worse. imo, we have to end the season on a 5-2 run. games still in washington and philly.

more realistic that we go 10-6 and that should get us in

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Here's how I see it.

@NYG.....loss
@WAS....win
SF.........win
SEA.......win
@PIT......win
NYG.......win
BAL........win
@PHI......win

We finish a red hot 12-4. NYG and Was both finish 11-5.

The only concern is with our 8-4 conference record. Not likely, but if Carolina wins the South at 12-4 they may get the #1 seed.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2383982 said:
We don't even have to drop the next two. We could lose any 2 of our 4 remaining division games, win all of the other games, and still finish 4th in the east.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2383982 said:

In the NFC 10-6 maybe 9-7 will get you in the playoffs. Teams are beating each other in both conference every week.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
alancdc;2384052 said:
The other NFC EAST teams haven't even started playing each other yet. We will have played everyone after Sunday.
Not true at all. The Commanders played the Giants week 1, Dallas week 4, then Filthy week 5.

We have not only played everyone already, but we already have every one of our divisional road games out of the way.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
it will be good enough and it may be good enough to win the division.

stiletto

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2384072 said:
Here's how I see it.

@NYG.....loss
@WAS....win
SF.........win
SEA.......win
@PIT......win
NYG.......win
BAL........win
@PHI......win

We finish a red hot 12-4. NYG and Was both finish 11-5.

Can I have some of what you are having?!

:lmao2:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
theogt;2383989 said:
Absolutely it would be enough. I doubt there's ever been an 11-5 team not make the playoffs. It'd be very rare at least.

Actually there has. Seattle missed the playoffs with an 11-5 record back in the early 80's. They were in the AFC then.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
DallasEast;2384021 said:
My projected divisional winners

NFC East - Giants
NFC North - Bears
NFC South - Buccaneers
NFC West - Cardinals

One of my projected wild cards

Packers

For the Cowboys to fill the other wild card slot, 1) I think we will have to sweep the Eagles and split with Commanders and Giants to leave us 3-3 in the division and 2) Beat the 49ers and Seahawks for a 8-4 conference record. In my opinion, key wins will be the Ravens and Eagles at season's end. If that's accomplished, we can afford a December loss to the Giants IF we beat New York this week.

What about the Panthers and New Orleans as wild cards?