Will 11-5 Be Enough?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
YoMick;2384558 said:
We wont drop next 2. We probably go 1-1.
I've seen nothing that leads me to believe that's anything but wishful thinking.

CoCo

Reaction score
I also believe the Broncos went 11-5 one year and didn't make the playoffs.

Tra_Col99

Reaction score
If the season ended today, we would get the last wild card spot.

Division winners
Giants
Bears
Panthers
Cardnials

Wild Card
Washington
Dallas

We have head to head victory's against the Buc's and Packers.

(The Eagles and Falcons have 1 less game so far because of bye's, but after our bye i see us losing less games with Romo and the wounded wonders coming back)

11-5 will get us in...no doubt.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
CoCo;2385630 said:

very true..late 80's i believe.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tyke1doe;2384161 said:
What about the Panthers and New Orleans as wild cards?
Both the NFC East and NFC South divisions have it tough, namely, two divisions filled top-to-bottom with very competitive teams. Each team in both divisions have played seven or eight games during the first half of the season and finished in the top ¾ of the conference at .500 or above. I believe there’s enough parity within the divisions to effect teams’ records for determining wild card slots.

Carolina has been tough at home and average on the road—going 0-2 with a butt-kicking at Tampa within the division. I’m projecting the Panthers to lose on the road at the Packers, New York Giants and Saints. The Buccaneers should sweep them during the regular season. The Panthers should beat the Raiders, Lions, Falcons and Broncos—although I wouldn’t be surprised to see Denver win in a shootout on the road. That would leave Carolina at 3-3 in the division and 6-6 in the conference. In my projection, Dallas would win the second tiebreaker (best won/lost conference record) over a 10-6 Carolina with a game to spare.

New Orleans has been even worse on the road--going 0-3. I’m projecting that the Saints will get swept by the Panthers and split with the Buccaneers and Falcons—leaving New Orleans at 2-4 in the division. They should beat the Bears, Lions, Packers (in the Superdome) and Chiefs to end up 7-5 in the conference, but 9-7 overall.

CowboyMark

Reaction score
Derinyar;2384236 said:
To make the playoffs we likely have to be on a roll going through December.
I know. Assumin we are 6-6 going into december and the boys barely get into the playoffs winning 4 straight then everyone watch out.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
CowboyMark;2386094 said:
I know. Assumin we are 6-6 going into december and the boys barely get into the playoffs winning 4 straight then everyone watch out.
We won't be 6-6 going into Dec, barring injury.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
CoCo;2385630 said:
1985, when there were only 5 playoff teams in each conference.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2384159 said:
you think Romo going to lose to the Commanders when he comes back?? you're tripping.

Do you happen to know what Romo's record is against the Skins?

1-3.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sonny#9;2386481 said:
Do you happen to know what Romo's record is against the Skins?

1-3.
Prior to this season, Campbell's record versus the Cowboys was 0-1. So, I would assume that your point isn't that a quarterback with a previous losing record against a certain team mandates that he will likely lose to that same opponent in a future game, correct?

Smith22

Reaction score
@PIT......loss
NYG.......win
BAL........win

Brutal stretch right there. PIT, NYG and BAL all play exremely physical on defense. To go 2-1 during that stretch would be very good in my opinion. Baltimore doesn't have major threats on offense other than their running attack, but that defense will pressure the QB like crazy.

The Eagles are next after the Ravens, and they can give us fits with Westbrook IF he is healthy.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
DallasEast;2386576 said:
Prior to this season, Campbell's record versus the Cowboys was 0-1. So, I would assume that your point isn't that a quarterback with a previous losing record against a certain team mandates that he will likely lose to that same opponent in a future game, correct?

Actually not at all...I would venture to say losing 3 of 4 is slightly more significant than losing one game.

Also, I was referring to the the assumption that Romo returning from injury automatically assures the Cowboys winning -- and obviously that is not the case.

Smith22

Reaction score
11-5 is a lock to make it IMO.

10-6 is more like 50/50.

Looking at our schedule, I think 10-6 is more realistic. Now if we somehow win this Sunday, 11-5 is well within range.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sonny#9;2386673 said:
Actually not at all...I would venture to say losing 3 of 4 is slightly more significant than losing one game.
And just as irrelevant.
Sonny#9;2386673 said:
Also, I was referring to the the assumption that Romo returning from injury automatically assures the Cowboys winning -- and obviously that is not the case.
That poster expressed his opinion based solely on his faith in Romo. You've attempted to bolster your opinion based on a record. I guess it all evens out in the end.

:rolleyes:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sonny#9;2387034 said:
Yeah my sentiment exactly...
It goes to show that everyone will agree about something at some point in life.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Sonny#9;2386673 said:

and he had nothing to do with the loss in 06. In fact he made two plays that should have won the game.

Its a misleading stat, and pretty stupid to bring up.

Had owens caught the deep ball that went right through his hands in 06 we blow you out. And we all know about last year.

None of it means squat. But your chest beating about romos record is entertaining.