Will 11-5 Be Enough?

CowboyMark

Reaction score
11-5 will be good enough to make the playoffs. What I'm worried about is Decemeber. If we get on a roll in December I will be very excited. However if the boys don't then I smell another early playoff exit.

TEUFELI

Reaction score
No Offense, this is a dumb thread. YES, 11-5 ALWAYS makes the playoffs. Thats like asking if winning 61 games will get an NBA team in the playoffs. YES!

But if you think we are going 11-5...you have bigger problems/delusions to worry about than overall NFL playoff awareness/knowledge.

Derinyar

Reaction score
CowboyMark;2384220 said:
11-5 will be good enough to make the playoffs. What I'm worried about is Decemeber. If we get on a roll in December I will be very excited. However if the boys don't then I smell another early playoff exit.

To make the playoffs we likely have to be on a roll going through December.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
@NYG.....loss
@WAS....loss
SF.........win
SEA.......win
@PIT......loss
NYG.......win
BAL........win
@PHI......loss

9-7. BOOK IT.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
k0wb0y;2384253 said:
@NYG.....loss
@WAS....loss
SF.........win
SEA.......win
@PIT......loss
NYG.......win
BAL........win
@PHI......loss

9-7. BOOK IT.

Nice optomistic view. Thankfully you'll be dead wrong.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Drop the next 2 and we won't be 11 - 5, we'd be lucky if we get to 9 - 7 if we drop the next 2. We win the next game, which we are the long shot here, then come talk about 11 - 5. We lose the next game, come talk about 10 - 6 as a possibility. We lose both of the next 2, then hope to be 9 - 7. Last thing this team needs is to talk about records down the stretch, all that long term thinking is what got them hurt early on. We need to be talking about winning this game regardless of personnel.

Then everyone is squacking about them not meeting expectations. Her's my expectation right now, focus on this game. Not the bye week, not the Commanders game, not 11 - 5 and surely not the playoffs yet. Focus on this next game and what's going on in the division.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2384281 said:
Nice optomistic view. Thankfully you'll be dead wrong.

Right on the money Braveheart. Was writing mine while I guess you just got yours up. I don't think we lose the next 2 guaranteed and wouldn't have a heart attack if we won this week either. Especially since all of our players, our coach and even the owner are shutting their gaps and getting to football so far this week. I hear the Giants yapping more than us. We need to play like we're 0 - 15 and this is the last game of the season.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2383982 said:
If Dallas were to drop the next two to end up at 5-5, then win out, that makes us 11-5.

That is possible with the schedule we have.

Will that be enough to make a wild card berth?

Then it is up to the team to win the game in front of them until they win the last game.

We wont drop next 2. We probably go 1-1. If we drop the next two we are not going to win out. At that point we have to hope for 10-6.

Myself, I would like to see us 6-2 of the last 8 games... sprinking the losses in there evenly. 3-1 and 3-1 works for me.

SkinsSuck09

Reaction score
I say.........

@NYG.....loss
@WAS....win -Too emotional with Romo/Felix back to lose:D
SF.........win
SEA.......win
@PIT.....win
NYG.......loss
BAL.......loss
@PHI......loss :mad:

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsSuck09;2385428 said:
I say.........

@NYG.....loss
SF.........win
SEA.......win
@PIT.....win
NYG.......loss
BAL.......loss
We aren't losing to Baltimore. Baltimore is worse than TB and that game will presumably be played with a healthy Romo. I think after the Washington game we lose two games at the most.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsSuck09;2385428 said:
I say.........

@NYG.....loss
SF.........win
SEA.......win
@PIT.....win
NYG.......loss
BAL.......loss
were not gonna lose vs the Giants in Dallas.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2385434 said:
were not gonna lose vs the Giants in Dallas.
I agree if we are healthy. The only games I can see us losing after WAS are @PHI and @PIT. Even that @PHI is winnable depending on the circumstances(might be fighting for a playoff spot, Philly might not be, injuries, etc.)

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
bootsy;2385444 said:
I agree if we are healthy. The only games I can see us losing after WAS are @PHI and @PIT. Even that @PHI is winnable depending on the circumstances(might be fighting for a playoff spot, Philly might not be, injuries, etc.)
Pitt is winnable too. Pitt is a good team but they haven't beaten a team with a winning record yet. including losses to the giants and eagles.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
DallasEast;2384021 said:
My projected divisional winners

NFC East - Giants
NFC North - Bears
NFC South - Buccaneers
NFC West - Cardinals

One of my projected wild cards

Packers

For the Cowboys to fill the other wild card slot, 1) I think we will have to sweep the Eagles and split with Commanders and Giants to leave us 3-3 in the division and 2) Beat the 49ers and Seahawks for a 8-4 conference record. In my opinion, key wins will be the Ravens and Eagles at season's end. If that's accomplished, we can afford a December loss to the Giants IF we beat New York this week.

Got my vote.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2385455 said:
Pitt is winnable too. Pitt is a good team but they haven't beaten a team with a winning record yet. including losses to the giants and eagles.
It is winnable. Look I think if Romo comes back healthy. The Cowboys can beat anybody in the league. I do think 10-6 is a very realistic goal and if we beat the Giants 11-5 is a very realistic goal.