Will any Cowboys player sit for the anthem week 1?

haleyrules

Reaction score
The NFL or the 49ers could have shut it down but they were afraid it could explode . Instead they let it play out on its own while hoping not many other would join the protest . Which some did. And I bet not many could name them.

I wonder how we would have reacted if most of that segment in the NFL had joined in including stars.

Would we release Dak, Dez and Zeke if they kneeled?
No! But a club might or could suspend them for a game without pay!? Maybe the big name players wouldn't be so eager to make a statement if it costs them money.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No! But a club might or could suspend them for a game without pay!? Maybe the big name players wouldn't be so eager to make a statement if it costs them money.
Right . Suspension .

But what if you didn't have enough players to field a team. Would it be like the strike year with Replacement players.

The bigger point is with the numbers it could have made a bigger impact.

Remember the NFL demographics is disapportionate to society .

haleyrules

Reaction score
Right . Suspension .

But what if you didn't have enough players to field a team. Would it be like the strike year with Replacement players.

The bigger point is with the numbers it could have made a bigger impact.

Remember the NFL demographics is disapportionate to society .
OK. Fine them and make it heavy for any kind of political protest. Let the gutless league FO make a stand and put an end to this non football stupidity.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
OK. Fine them and make it heavy for any kind of political protest. Let the gutless league FO make a stand and put an end to this non football stupidity.
I'd have no problem with fines. The NFL is not directly acting because it doesn't want to alienate any segment .

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
An autobiography by Kap could be titled "How a borderline NFL QB can rid himself of an NFL job" in one easy move.

QB's are judged also for their decision making abilities, giving up 12-14 M for this season is proving to be a bad decision on his part.

Sounds more like a buzzfeed article :muttley:

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
No, my point was those who did kneel like Karpernick were expendable . If a larger number of NFL players and the stars in particular joined the protest not only would the movement have more teeth but the NFL would not be able to just sit by waiting for it to play out unless your suggesting teams would have released their best players.

Are you advocating for the stars to take a knee?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Are you advocating for the stars to take a knee?
No, I'm not advocating but I wouldn't bash them for their protest if they did. I really don't see them as bad people for standing or in this case kneeling for what they believe in . Appears a peaceful protest to me. Much more acceptable that what we've seen in recent days.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yea but by doing nothing they are alienating half their fans. They are in a tough position.
And why they'll continue to let it play out . Only the players in greater numbers can force the issue.

We saw more players join in this past weekend .