Will Be Nice To Have Crayton Back

Reaction score
I was watching some video of the SD game from last year, and it was great to watch Crayton again. We will be a different team with him & JJ coming back healthy. They both make it very hard to cheat or blitz without paying a steep price. Crayton just has that naturally big, strong build, which I hope will be even more solid after another off season program.
Just think, when we do go with a 3-deep receiver set, we will have three guys who can take it to the house. Both Crayton & Owens are so big & strong, it's almost like having TEs with WR speed.

If our offensive interior stays healthy & plays well, we should have a legit shot at breaking some offensive records. Look out too for this Miles Austin guy. The Cowboys didn't pay him the biggest UDFA paycheck for nothing. He totally dominated his level in college, and has the size, at 6-2, 215, & speed, (4.5) to compete in the NFL. Dude had 49 catches for 1,004 yds. his senior season. That's over 20 yds. per catch! If he can prove he can play with the big boys, looks like we have a pretty solid corps of younger WRs, along with Crayton & Copper.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
He was really missed when he got hurt, he has a knack for getting that key first down.

NorTex

Reaction score
If Crayton plays like he did at the end of the year, he will be cut.

IE: Quincy Morgan

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:

:rolleyes:

Come back from a broken ankle and surgery in 5 weeks and let's see how well you perform.

Crayton will be just fine. I think BP loves him.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:

IE: Quincy Morgan couldnt catch the ball if he was glued to his hands.

Crayton proved his has great skills, and a knack for getting first downs, and catching tough passes. TO judge a WR who came back prematurly (SP?) form a injury, and then to add in the fact its a ankle injury HEllo, you know the thing that WR use the most when there cutting and turning, you know the things WR's do the most. To try and compare Crayton to Moragn was plain pointless, and took away all credibilty of your point. And then to even think twice that Crayton will continue to play as if he's injured after having months to rest and rehab the ankle, is utterly shocking

MONT17

Reaction score
I got 5 that says Crayton doesnt make the team! the "2 TE sets" and the fact that Skyler will run circles around him will do him in!!!

without the HOMER SHADES Crayton is well below average!!!

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
I guess your opinion is well justified, being that you can type words in caps, and put lots of exmation marks eh?

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:

What are you talking about? Crayton has great hands, practically suction cups. Total polar opposite of Morgan.

juck

Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:

i agree,i think skylar steps into his spot,ala rANDEL EL.

Reaction score
MONT17 said:
I got 5 that says Crayton doesnt make the team! the "2 TE sets" and the fact that Skyler will run circles around him will do him in!!!

Shades on or off, it doesn't matter in your case, 'cause you're blind! Every coach on the team last year stated Crayton has the best hands on the team. Add to that the fact that he's big, tough, and makes some great plays, and what do get........below average???!!!....:lmao2:

Skyler Green couldn't even start for his own college team his senior year, and he's gonna beat out Patrick Crayton?? Tell you what-I have my own prediction....from watching several tapes from last year when Crayton also returned, and did it very well, Green will be lucky to hold down a ST spot, let alone beat out Crayton. With Rob Sims, OG/OT, Ohio St. still on the board, Green was by far the biggest reach the Cowboys made in the draft.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
crayton has the #3 wr spot locked but as far as returning skills.

guru>>>crayton.:)

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
Cogan said:
I was watching some video of the SD game from last year, and it was great to watch Crayton again. We will be a different team with him & JJ coming back healthy. They both make it very hard to cheat or blitz without paying a steep price. Crayton just has that naturally big, strong build, which I hope will be even more solid after another off season program.
Just think, when we do go with a 3-deep receiver set, we will have three guys who can take it to the house. Both Crayton & Owens are so big & strong, it's almost like having TEs with WR speed.

If our offensive interior stays healthy & plays well, we should have a legit shot at breaking some offensive records. Look out too for this Miles Austin guy. The Cowboys didn't pay him the biggest UDFA paycheck for nothing. He totally dominated his level in college, and has the size, at 6-2, 215, & speed, (4.5) to compete in the NFL. Dude had 49 catches for 1,004 yds. his senior season. That's over 20 yds. per catch! If he can prove he can play with the big boys, looks like we have a pretty solid corps of younger WRs, along with Crayton & Copper.

Crayton is definitely a player to keep an eye on in 2006. Along with Glenn and Witten, he will be a beneficiary of adding TO to this offense. The question on The Answer's mind is will there be enough football's in this offense to go around?

But considering Bledsoe seemed to find Crayton at opportune moments last year, than he will likely get a chance to be a wildcard.

The Answer feels that Crayton can be a 50 catch, 700 yard type of receiver next year in this offense if he stays healthy.

~The Answer

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
MONT17 said:

i'll take that bet. $5 right? crayton is on our roster at the end of camp. that the bet?

MONT17

Reaction score
Every coach stated CRAYTON had the best hands on the team... raaaaight! was that before or after PARCELLS lifted ban on all assistant coaches from speaking with the media?

its not even June and people are talking out the side of their ***!!!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
MONT17 said:
Every coach stated CRAYTON had the best hands on the team... raaaaight! was that before or after PARCELLS lifted ban on all assistant coaches from speaking with the media?

Actually, it was Bledsoe who stated that.

Not sure why the dislike of Crayton is coming from. The kid 2 years ago beat Sean Taylor for a game winning TD...Last year was clutch before the injury, which should have put him on IR.

I'm sure you have your reason...Just like I have every reason to disagree with you.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
MONT17 said:

you gonna go on bleeting manure or are you gonna acknowledge i took your $5 bet?

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
The Answer said:
Crayton is definitely a player to keep an eye on in 2006. Along with Glenn and Witten, he will be a beneficiary of adding TO to this offense. The question on The Answer's mind is will there be enough football's in this offense to go around?

But considering Bledsoe seemed to find Crayton at opportune moments last year, than he will likely get a chance to be a wildcard.

The Answer feels that Crayton can be a 50 catch, 700 yard type of receiver next year in this offense if he stays healthy.

~The Answer

Crayton will be lucky to catch 30 balls for 450 yards.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
MONT17 said:

ill take that bet...how can you say he is below average. He is a very good 3rd WR and regardless if he is the #3 #1 or #5 WR there are not many receivers in the league with hands better than his.

That one he had on 3rd down...i forget against who it was against (philly maybe)...where he reached back and grabbed it one handed on the slant was one of the best pure hands catches i have ever seen