Will Be Nice To Have Crayton Back

MONT17

Reaction score
Crayton will have to come in and light it up from day 1.... I dont think anyone wants to see Crayton go just for the sake of seeing him go but I do think there r players who may have a higher upside Green and Austin!

Facts are Crayton cant return punts or kickoffs and on a team that may carry an extra TE or OL the 3rd Wr will have to play teams and I dont see Crayton as a BILL BATES type teams player!

Last year Parcells cut solid guys and kept high upside guys god forbid they wont be anymore TUCKERs but that is in BPs nature of late!

Skyler Green may force the hand of the coaching staff... its not like they have 60 roster spots! I figure they will carry 25 players on O... and only 4 WRs with Witten getting alot of snaps on the Flank!

Crayton is a nice player but to say he is Jimmy Smith is a joke... Jimmy Smith was a second round pick Crayton was lucky to get drafted! If Craytonis as good as some say then yes he will make the team but I dont think he can make this team on the "come"!

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
I predicted a long time ago that Crayton would uproot Glenn for that #2 spot, moving Glenn out to the slot, where he is much more suited. I'm not budging from that prediction. I see us aiming for a "bruiser" type offensive passing game and that will require total use of our two big TEs and two big WRs over that of any of the little guys, ie. Green and Glenn. It's like the Cowboys are moving into the "trucking lane" of passing, the little pintos need get off the road unless they want to be run down. The field may look big on TV but, seriously, those four guys, and lanes are getting quickly squished - not to mention the larger defensive players it will require to properly cover them. For guys like Green and Glenn, unless it's straight-up fly routes, it could be a very serious health hazzard for either of them. We are also talking about the man-made-of-glass here also. Not really sure about Green's endurance but, sure not much more then a stick or that of his counterpart, whichever one you choose. This year is mainly going to be about Witten and Owens but, more then enough to go around for our new TE and Crayton, also. The guy that called-out '50' catches for Crayton, I totally agree. Could even be more, depending on where our TE play ends up being needed most as the season plays itself out. Before we know it, Witten could be thrown secondary on this, if his greatest area of need ended up being in the blocking department and we decided to go all out with our wideouts, which we very well could...which we very well may have to do if our oline proves undependable again and they need alot of help.

ghst187

Reaction score
I really can't believe people are trashing Crayton like that. Guy was really turning the corner before the injury.
Our top two WRs are over 31 and Crayton is a solid possession type guy.
Green isn't going to beat Crayton out at WR, maybe at KR but not at WR.
Fasano and TO will keep Crayton from getting a lot of catches but Crayton is good enough to really hurt a defense if the focus is on someone else.
I'm not sure how Copper makes the team...i think we have about enough ST players.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Crayton had some issues when he came back after the injury last season. Prior to that, he showed VERY good hands and a toughness...no fear of going over the middle.

I'll give him a "pass" on the way he looked after he came back because the entire offense looked like garbage.

I think he has the skills to be a solid #3 WR.

But let's not forget...nothing matters if the offensive line doesn't block.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
LMAO on that one. I guess you missed the Memo, of "Max PRotect" scheme we were running in the last 5 games. Let me break it down. No 3WR, drop of passses to RB's and FB's. The statments you make have no real justification behind them, just you showing your ability to look up game logs. THats a gret skill, when you actaully can apply them correctly.

Now the second part

The last time i checked, JJ had a high ankle sprain. Crayton had a Broken Ankle. I'm sorry if you dont realize the difference between the two. To compare JJ injury and Crayton's injury is beyond ridiculous, and takes out erve more credibilty of your post, or even your argument.

Next time you want to prove a point, please try to come up with facts that actaully apply to the point your trying to make.

Good post.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99 said:
Crayton had some issues when he came back after the injury last season. Prior to that, he showed VERY good hands and a toughness...no fear of going over the middle.

I'll give him a "pass" on the way he looked after he came back because the entire offense looked like garbage.

I think he has the skills to be a solid #3 WR.

But let's not forget...nothing matters if the offensive line doesn't block.
That's what I'm talking about.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99 said:
Hey BDC, I musta missed your 10,000th post...congrats on the milestone. :)
Thanks.

It happened right after my 9,999th post. :lmao:

Not really a goal just something that happened. Kind of like my receeding hairline. :eek:

NorTex

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
LMAO on that one. I guess you missed the Memo, of "Max PRotect" scheme we were running in the last 5 games. Let me break it down. No 3WR, drop of passses to RB's and FB's. The statments you make have no real justification behind them, just you showing your ability to look up game logs. THats a gret skill, when you actaully can apply them correctly.

Now the second part

The last time i checked, JJ had a high ankle sprain. Crayton had a Broken Ankle. I'm sorry if you dont realize the difference between the two. To compare JJ injury and Crayton's injury is beyond ridiculous, and takes out erve more credibilty of your post, or even your argument.

Maybe you failed to watch the games...Crayton dropped many passes over the course of the last five games...

I have every game recorded from last year and have watched them many times since the end of the season, I know what I see.

You obviously haven't been paying attention...everyone should know by now that a high ankle sprain is harder to come back from than a broken ankle.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Crayton needs to play at a level where the organization feels that Glenn is expendible.

Not saying that they should cut Glenn, but that if Glenn went down, that Crayton could step in and perform at least equally.

last year Crayton did enough to where Parcells was comfortable having him rotate with Glenn, well at least that was the plan going into the season, he'll only get better

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:
Maybe you failed to watch the games...Crayton dropped many passes over the course of the last five games...

I have every game recorded from last year and have watched them many times since the end of the season, I know what I see.

You obviously haven't been paying attention...everyone should know by now that a high ankle sprain is harder to come back from than a broken ankle.[/COLOR]

I'm sure every case is different but I had a high ankle sprain that took damn near two years to get back to normal...and even then it would act up again on occasion.

My doctor told me I would have been better off breaking the ankle.

So, for what it's worth, that's my experience with a high ankle sprain.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Dude, you have great points, but could you pleaes stop referring to yourself in 3rd person. Billy Bullocks thinks thats a tool like manuever

:lmao:

Reaction score
Dat Dude said:
:lmao2:

Comparing Owens to Crayton might be the dumbest thing Ive ever heard of. Crayton has average speed (Keyshawn Speed with the wind) and T.O will pull away from anyone... McCallister, Bailey, Reed....

Crayton scares the crap out of me everytime the ball is in his hands because its a fumble waiting to happen. He carries the ball like a loaf of bread and is an arm tackle away from losing it. Just because C. Woodson cant tackle doesnt mean he has speed. Oh yeah... last time I checked, Crayton wasnt 6'3 225. Crayton wont get as much as he did early last year. With Fasano getting looks and even Skyler in the slot here and there , he'll be lucky to catch 25 balls.

I wasn't comparing Crayton w/ Owens. I just said they are both big WRs. I would say at 6-1, 210, Crayton is a far cry bigger than Skyler Green at 5-9, 175. To say a smurf sized rookie who couldn't even break the starting lineup his senior year of college, is going to beat out Crayton is really up there with Einstein's theory of relativity....lol.

As soon as I see some punk like you start handing our insults, I know it is just a matter of time before you say something ignorant. Green will be lucky to make the team, let alone beat out the WR with the best hands on the team. A player can learn how to carry the ball with greater care, but Green is not going to learn to grow, or catch the football.

Chew on that, moron.

Eskimo

Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:

You obviously haven't been paying attention...everyone should know by now that a high ankle sprain is harder to come back from than a broken ankle.

Just to clarify a medical point here - many ankle fractures have a component of a high ankle sprain.

There are two bones in your calf - the big one is called the tibia and the small one is called the fibula. There are a set of ligaments that hold these two bones together. These ligaments may be torn without an ankle fracture (high ankle sprain) or may be injured with an ankle fracture. The injuries associated with an ankle fracture are rather high grade injuries and can take a long time to come back from.

Consider Bobby Carpenter who was injured in November and was not back up to full speed four months later.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Given the fragility and age of TO and Glenn there is no way we will go into the season without Crayton as the #3 WR as there are no other capable veteran WRs on the squad.

I have a suspicion that Green may be on the active roster but inactive on game day. Crayton was showing some ability as a PR and Thompson did a reasonable job on KORs. Guys like Copper, Austin and Hurd may have more to offer on the coverage units.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
I have a suspicion that Green may be on the active roster but inactive on game day.

why would Green be inactive on Gameday? he's probably going to be our starting K and P returner, hell, Terrence Copper was active on Gamedays

Eskimo

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
why would Green be inactive on Gameday? he's probably going to be our starting K and P returner, hell, Terrence Copper was active on Gamedays

I think it depends on him beating out Crayton as the #3 WR and PR because I don't know if either has much to contribute on the coverage teams. The 4th WR spot on game day would go to a guy who could contribute more on the coverage units. Perhaps Crayton could with his size and strength but I don't know if Green could.

It is just a thought that has been kicking around in the back of my mind.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
junk said:
:rolleyes:

Come back from a broken ankle and surgery in 5 weeks and let's see how well you perform.

Crayton will be just fine. I think BP loves him.

I don't understand where all these predictions for his demise are coming from. Doesn't anyone remember last year when Parcells was basically wringing his hands after he got hurt against the Giants? Crayton did rush back too soon and you could tell how rusty he was late in the season.

Angus

Reaction score
I hope Crayton is forced into fierce competition this year because that will mean we have good people that want his job, but if he wins out I will be happy for him. Some fans are elitist and think any player not drafted on the first day can't possibly be better than those taken earlier. And some will discount anything a player like Austin does because he wasn't drafted at all. But if Crayton loses out, it will probably be to Austin, in my opinion.