Will Be Nice To Have Crayton Back

ghst187

Reaction score
MONT17 said:
I got 5 that says Crayton doesnt make the team! the "2 TE sets" and the fact that Skyler will run circles around him will do him in!!!

without the HOMER SHADES Crayton is well below average!!!

That's not true at all. Go back and watch the games before Crayton hurt his ankle. He's a pretty good #3. He's running good routes and you know its something when everyone on the offense says Crayton has the best hands on the team. He was quietly becoming pretty darned good until the injury. I think he'll pick back up where he left off before the injury next season. No way Green is beating him out at WR. Green isn't very impressive at WR. Plus, I think its better to have a taller, possession-type WR with hands of glue as your #3 rather than a little speedster (and rookie).
Crayton's going to be here for a while. Only people that may beat him out could be one of our talented UDFAs...and I they won't do that this season.

ghst187

Reaction score
NextGenBoys said:
Crayton will be lucky to catch 30 balls for 450 yards.

yeah but that's still a good deal considering we have Glenn, TO, Witten, and Fasano to also throw the ball to. And even if Crayton only has 30 catches, I assure you that some of them will be clutch 3rd down catches, just like this past year before the injury.
Don't underestimate the chemistry he and Bledsoe were developing before the injury. DB was really looking for and finding him. Once again, all the focus will be on our #1 and #2 WRs and Crayton is going to kill some teams.

And the bottomline is that we were clearly a better offense before his injury.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PullMyFinger said:
Crayton = the next Jimmy Smith, book it!
Just a part of what happened to Jimmy Smith while he was a Cowboy.........

In 1993 he underwent an appendectomy which led to a severe infection and was nearly fatal.

.......so are you saying the same thing will happen to Crayton???

NorTex

Reaction score
Crayton had 4 catches in the last five games of the season...not exactly an impact player.

He dropped many balls over the coarse of those five games...how can you blame that on an ankle????????????

Julius Jones was still catching balls with a bad ankle...Julius caught 16 passes over the last five games.

Like I said before, Crayton will get cut if he doesn't return to pre-injury form.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
The Answer said:
Crayton is definitely a player to keep an eye on in 2006. Along with Glenn and Witten, he will be a beneficiary of adding TO to this offense. The question on The Answer's mind is will there be enough football's in this offense to go around?

But considering Bledsoe seemed to find Crayton at opportune moments last year, than he will likely get a chance to be a wildcard.

The Answer feels that Crayton can be a 50 catch, 700 yard type of receiver next year in this offense if he stays healthy.

~The Answer

Dude, you have great points, but could you pleaes stop referring to yourself in 3rd person. Billy Bullocks thinks thats a tool like manuever

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Crayton needs to play at a level where the organization feels that Glenn is expendible.

Not saying that they should cut Glenn, but that if Glenn went down, that Crayton could step in and perform at least equally.

If he can show that during camps he should easily own the #3 spot, if he exceeds expectations ? Who knows.

Personally, I havent seen the separation on a considerable basis to make him a #2.

MONT17

Reaction score
I jus think every team in the NFL has a Patrick Crayton on the roster who they are waiting to develop... and the reason why i say he is below average is because there are about 120 or so Wrs on game day I would say he ranks in the 60s... so actually he is about average!

LILCOOK

Benched
Reaction score
Crayton won't make the roster this year sorry. Theres to much young up & comers at the W.R. spot to keep him here. He'll have to beat out the other guys in camp. We'll see, but he's no lock to make this team thats for sure. All that crap about him having good hands & his production at the begining of last season is thrown all out the door. He'll have to re-prove himself. I think theres alot of other wide recievers on the roster who will have better camps & pre-seasons then him. I'm going to be pulling for Rector or Copper & Merrit to make the team.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Just a part of what happened to Jimmy Smith while he was a Cowboy.........

In 1993 he underwent an appendectomy which led to a severe infection and was nearly fatal.

.......so are you saying the same thing will happen to Crayton???

I believe that's EXACTLY what he's saying! :D

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
LILCOOK said:
Crayton won't make the roster this year sorry. Theres to much young up & comers at the W.R. spot to keep him here. He'll have to beat out the other guys in camp. We'll see, but he's no lock to make this team thats for sure. All that crap about him having good hands & his production at the begining of last season is thrown all out the door. He'll have to re-prove himself. I think theres alot of other wide recievers on the roster who will have better camps & pre-seasons then him. I'm going to be pulling for Rector or Copper & Merrit to make the team.

Do you realize that Merritt is a 28 year old who came into the league in 2001? Not exactly an "up and comer". I think his ties to Haley from his Bears days are why he is around.

Of course, Crayton willl have to prove himself again. However, I think he will. To say that there is no way he won't at this point certainly flies in the face of logic.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see the WRs be Owens, Glenn, Crayton, Green and Copper this year.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
No thats not what Im saying. If Crayton is cut like some of these dopes want, he'll go somewhere else and set the league on fire like JS did. I know i'll get flamed but I believe PC has that kind of talent.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:
Crayton had 4 catches in the last five games of the season...not exactly an impact player.

He dropped many balls over the coarse of those five games...how can you blame that on an ankle????????????

Julius Jones was still catching balls with a bad ankle...Julius caught 16 passes over the last five games.

Like I said before, Crayton will get cut if he doesn't return to pre-injury form.

LMAO on that one. I guess you missed the Memo, of "Max PRotect" scheme we were running in the last 5 games. Let me break it down. No 3WR, drop of passses to RB's and FB's. The statments you make have no real justification behind them, just you showing your ability to look up game logs. THats a gret skill, when you actaully can apply them correctly.

Now the second part

The last time i checked, JJ had a high ankle sprain. Crayton had a Broken Ankle. I'm sorry if you dont realize the difference between the two. To compare JJ injury and Crayton's injury is beyond ridiculous, and takes out erve more credibilty of your post, or even your argument.

Next time you want to prove a point, please try to come up with facts that actaully apply to the point your trying to make.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Dude, you have great points, but could you pleaes stop referring to yourself in 3rd person. Billy Bullocks thinks thats a tool like manuever

Future agrees

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
PullMyFinger said:
No thats not what Im saying. If Crayton is cut like some of these dopes want, he'll go somewhere else and set the league on fire like JS did. I know i'll get flamed but I believe PC has that kind of talent.

IN this league today, i doubt it. Will go somewhere and be soild yes. But he has to get matched up with a QB, and an OL and a Offense that will get him the ball for him to succed like that. THe probality of him getting signed in those types of conditions are slim to none. But just in case. I'd rather keep him here:cool:

Dat Dude

Benched
Reaction score
Cogan said:
I was watching some video of the SD game from last year, and it was great to watch Crayton again. We will be a different team with him & JJ coming back healthy. They both make it very hard to cheat or blitz without paying a steep price. Crayton just has that naturally big, strong build, which I hope will be even more solid after another off season program.
Just think, when we do go with a 3-deep receiver set, we will have three guys who can take it to the house. Both Crayton & Owens are so big & strong, it's almost like having TEs with WR speed.

If our offensive interior stays healthy & plays well, we should have a legit shot at breaking some offensive records. Look out too for this Miles Austin guy. The Cowboys didn't pay him the biggest UDFA paycheck for nothing. He totally dominated his level in college, and has the size, at 6-2, 215, & speed, (4.5) to compete in the NFL. Dude had 49 catches for 1,004 yds. his senior season. That's over 20 yds. per catch! If he can prove he can play with the big boys, looks like we have a pretty solid corps of younger WRs, along with Crayton & Copper.

:lmao2:

Comparing Owens to Crayton might be the dumbest thing Ive ever heard of. Crayton has average speed (Keyshawn Speed with the wind) and T.O will pull away from anyone... McCallister, Bailey, Reed....

Crayton scares the crap out of me everytime the ball is in his hands because its a fumble waiting to happen. He carries the ball like a loaf of bread and is an arm tackle away from losing it. Just because C. Woodson cant tackle doesnt mean he has speed. Oh yeah... last time I checked, Crayton wasnt 6'3 225. Crayton wont get as much as he did early last year. With Fasano getting looks and even Skyler in the slot here and there , he'll be lucky to catch 25 balls.

Calicowboy

Reaction score
MONT17 said:
Every coach stated CRAYTON had the best hands on the team... raaaaight! was that before or after PARCELLS lifted ban on all assistant coaches from speaking with the media?

its not even June and people are talking out the side of their ***!!!

Well that was also my opinion after watching him at TC every day. He does, or did last year, have the best hands. If I remember correctly it was BP himself that said this.

His short to intermediate routes are excellent, where he can best utilize his quickness. Of course his ability to separate on the deep patterns is another matter.

I wouldnt count Crayton out.

Gent

Reaction score
Crayton looked promising at the end of the 04 season, continued to show skill in training camp, and then delivered in the regular season. After the injury he didn't make it back to where he was before. Parcells expressed some disappointment with him saying that Crayton was the type that couldn't get back into a groove quickly after being out for a while. That may be BP playing head games or it might just be true. If true, I take it as an indication that Crayton will return to his early 05 self after a healthy training camp, but that we shouldn't expect him to develop much beyond that.

-Gent