Will Cain tears Garrett a new

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
According the Garret it is all execution. Go listen to his pressers. He's not talking about scheme or coaching. He rests the entirety of the teams losses on players failing to execute. He takes no responsibility and Jerry backs him up.

I think Garrett actually believes it— that is the scary part. The denial of the Jones family coupled with the blind arrogance of Garrett is handicapping this team.

The thing is— Garrett’s arrogance is not rooted in his interpersonal skills. The guy is a great communicator and he has certainly gotten the team to fight for him.

His arrogance is rooted in his assumption that his scheme and approach are superior and can win championships in today’s NFL— despite a decade of evidence that would suggest otherwise.

He is relying on his past experience as a player— and has implemented the only offensive philosophy he knows and trusts.

gmb1

Reaction score
Garrett has been here since 07 outlasted 2 maybe even 3 hall of famers more than likely 20 pro bowlers, rushing champions the best oline in football 10 coordinations if not more

and has nothing to show for it
He's been here just as long as Emmitt Smith was here. About 13 years? Even longer if you count his playing days. What did we do to deserve this?

Reaction score
FYI: ALL of Cain's talking points were covered on this board 5 minutes after the game. He's gotta be a reader.

Well, one way Cain could assure interest in his "article" is to read the message boards where the unwashed masses congregate and tap into their collective mood and "wisdom", lol.

CWR

Reaction score
According the Garret it is all execution. Go listen to his pressers. He's not talking about scheme or coaching. He rests the entirety of the teams losses on players failing to execute. He takes no responsibility and Jerry backs him up.

It makes me sick that he cant admit when our coaches put our players in a position to fail. All he has to say is we as coaches need to do better ect...

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Anyone gotta link to this?

I like Will Cain, even though he is an annoying homer. Hopefully this gets the media avalanche going that gets Garrett swept away.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I like Garret but even I am getting atired of him. You need to adapt to the game around you and he just doesn't do it. The definition of insanity is trying to do the same thing over and over and expect different results. This is a result industry and Garrett is just not getting them. He says it starts by executing but how about him executing a different game plan so he can maximize players strengths to achieve the end result of a win. That is not hard to ask any coach. As Parcells would say you are what your record says you are and right now we are just average if that. I think Jones will ride Garrett out this season and kick him up to FO job.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never heard a national media guy go after Garret the way Will Cain did today on ESPN radio. He is baffled how a Man (Jerry Jones) who fired Landry as his first order of business marries himself to the "ginger clapper" for 10 years. He goes on to call BS on Garrets insistence that the problem is execution and not scheme. The stubborn refusal to scheme around injury is rooted in Garret's experience with Jimmy Johnson's cowboys who just bullied people and it didn't matter if they knew what was coming. It was all about execution and Garret has carried that belief forward. It just doesn't work b/c there isn't enough talent disparity between Dallas and everyone else.
Ive been saying this exact same thing for ten years.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Its true. He was even referencing twitter posts found on this sites twitter thread. It makes sense. This board collectively compiles a boatload of national media, video, and twitter posts. Its a one stop shop for anyone who wants to talk cowboys.
It’s because we’re all so smurt.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It sounds like JG has lost the team.

I do have some concerns about the toughness and leadership on this team. The JG effect may have rubbed of on too many players in the locker room.
Gawd I hope not.
There’s cracks...

glimmerman

Reaction score

I do have some concerns about the toughness and leadership on this team. The JG effect may have rubbed of on too many players in the locker room.
Gawd I hope not.
I would agree. And I think it may have started before this game. But this one may have finished it. I mean the jets played a really good game. They deserve the win. Our Offense showed nothing once again until the last quarter. Nothing like the first 3 games. Guessing that JG pulled the plug on the Moore scheme when the teams were going to be harder to beat...,

Bcrav4

Reaction score
If the team is failing to execute what you are asking, why not adjust your scheme to something that they can execute?

Problem solved.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Only thing is, if Cain is such a real fan, how does he not know that this is a family business and Garrett is like family to Jerry? Doesn't he realize this isn't actually about finding the best football coach possible?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Never heard a national media guy go after Garret the way Will Cain did today on ESPN radio. He is baffled how a Man (Jerry Jones) who fired Landry as his first order of business marries himself to the "ginger clapper" for 10 years. He goes on to call BS on Garrets insistence that the problem is execution and not scheme.

"Not my fault" - The Red Menace

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

Gawd I hope not.

That has always been my issue with "Garrett speak"...you hear it out of many players mouths...Witten, Dak, etc and it comes across as empty talk. Cliches and bs that carry no weight.

Tim93gt

Reaction score
usa_today_10890404.0.jpg

His pressers are borderline unbearable. If I hear scratch, claw, fight used one more time ...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
FYI: ALL of Cain's talking points were covered on this board 5 minutes after the game. He's gotta be a reader.
Like many of the talking heads. If you don’t watch the games must get info somewhere much like many of the fans here.

And most of them can’t wait to bash the Cowboys.
I stopped listening to ESPN and National noisemakers years ago.