Will Cain tears Garrett a new

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never heard a national media guy go after Garret the way Will Cain did today on ESPN radio. He is baffled how a Man (Jerry Jones) who fired Landry as his first order of business marries himself to the "ginger clapper" for 10 years. He goes on to call BS on Garrets insistence that the problem is execution and not scheme. The stubborn refusal to scheme around injury is rooted in Garret's experience with Jimmy Johnson's cowboys who just bullied people and it didn't matter if they knew what was coming. It was all about execution and Garret has carried that belief forward. It just doesn't work b/c there isn't enough talent disparity between Dallas and everyone else.
Cain’s comment regarding “scheming around injuries” is right on target and is what separates Garrett from the coaches who have success in the playoffs. There isn’t a team in the league who doesn’t deal with injuries. Or even more commonly- an OC or DC who creatively makes adjustments against you that Garrett somehow can’t seem to adjust to as well. His answer is a t-shirt that says “fight”.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
I don't need Will Cain to tell me what I can see with my own eyes............................The offensive 'plan' against NO was to force feed Cooper , even though Lattimore was sticking to him like fly-paper ; against both the Packer and Jets , we're down by 2 and 3 touchdowns.................If certain players aren't executing in the scheme , GO AWAY FROM IT AND TRY SOMETHING , ANYTHING , FRIGGIN' ELSE........................But we don't account for that.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Garrett has been here since 07 outlasted 2 maybe even 3 hall of famers more than likely 20 pro bowlers, rushing champions the best oline in football 10 coordinations if not more

and has nothing to show for it

What about the T-shirt?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Jerry basically anointed Jason Garrett as the next big thing in coaching and he has kept him going to be proven right.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Never heard a national media guy go after Garret the way Will Cain did today on ESPN radio. He is baffled how a Man (Jerry Jones) who fired Landry as his first order of business marries himself to the "ginger clapper" for 10 years. He goes on to call BS on Garrets insistence that the problem is execution and not scheme. The stubborn refusal to scheme around injury is rooted in Garret's experience with Jimmy Johnson's cowboys who just bullied people and it didn't matter if they knew what was coming. It was all about execution and Garret has carried that belief forward. It just doesn't work b/c there isn't enough talent disparity between Dallas and everyone else.

Garrett forgets that during the 90s is when there was no salary cap. So the Cowboys could sign whoever they wanted. With today's salary cap one of the major advantages a team has is scheme. If Garrett doesn't know that scheme provides and advantage than he doesn't belong coaching and NFL team. This is why people think he is stupid. I do. Can't understand why he is so bent on running a philosophy that is outdated and not go with what is working in today's NFL.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I listened to every word he said about Garrett today.

He was spot on.

ESisback

Reaction score
If that’s what you want to believe go ahead. I don’t care. You’re opinion means nothing to me.

I know what I see on this board.

A bunch of sheep who believe what they’re told to believe and then pass that off as ‘knowledge’

And yours means nothing to me! I see a whole lot of sheep, but I also see quite a few students of the game. Period.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Will Cain is an outspoken Cowboys fan, and was drinking the Kool Aid three weeks ago. He was talking trash at any naysayers and now he feels like a fool.

He wasn't wrong today, though.