Will CeeDee be the main target?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
On 3rd and 5, when we need a big play or a score, will Lamb be our go to guy? On other teams you see teams make their main guy their go to guy in big situations. At times last season, it's basically who ever is open, they will get the ball from Dak.

If we gave up a twenty million dollar wide out, to let the young guy behind him be the star, I think it's time to make him the focus. We should be so good at doing it, that teams KNOW he's getting the ball, but still can't stop him!!

I mean is that asking too much, we see it happen every Sunday with the top wide outs getting the ball. I hope Kellen is working hard this off season to ensure this is the focus of our passing game. Of course I want others to get plays too, but you look his way first!!! Give me your thoughts.....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
On 3rd and 5, when we need a big play or a score, will Lamb be our go to guy? On other teams you see teams make their main guy their go to guy in big situations. At times last season, it's basically who ever is open, they will get the ball from Dak.

If we gave up a twenty million dollar wide out, to let the young guy behind him be the star, I think it's time to make him the focus. We should be so good at doing it, that teams KNOW he's getting the ball, but still can't stop him!!

I mean is that asking too much, we see it happen every Sunday with the top wide outs getting the ball. I hope Kellen is working hard this off season to ensure this is the focus of our passing game. Of course I want others to get plays too, but you look his way first!!! Give me your thoughts.....

He was already the #1 target on this team. Luckily, we also have another great 3rd down target in shultz. Its one of the big reasons we could move on from the overpaid Cooper. I would guess that they two will go back and forth on 3rd down catches depending on matchup and in game tendencies.

Side not.........Cooper wasnt a 20 million dollar wideout. At least not value wise.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He was already the #1 target on this team. Luckily, we also have another great 3rd down target in shultz. Its one of the big reasons we could move on from the overpaid Cooper. I would guess that they two will go back and forth on 3rd down catches depending on matchup and in game tendencies.

Side not.........Cooper wasnt a 20 million dollar wideout. At least not value wise.
Lol I'm rewatching the saints game. I don't think Lattimore lined up on Ceedee once. It's easy to get targets when Cooper and Gallup are going against the other teams top guy. Targets dont=better. Is that one of the games that is your evidence?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol I'm rewatching the saints game. I don't think Lattimore lined up on Ceedee once. It's easy to get targets when Cooper and Gallup are going against the other teams top guy. Targets dont=better. Is that one of the games that is your evidence?

So your saying that Cooper wasnt double covered most of the game they put lattimore on him occasionally? Well thanks for confirming the double team thing on Cooper was largely BS. :thumbup:

Guys like you that cant see talent will find out soon enough. :popcorn:

Do you even understand the difference between zone and man and can you tell when they are playing one over the other? Maybe you should start there. Then watch the other 16 games.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

I feel like I am in the movie ground hog day with Bill Murray.
I answer one CD thread and the next day another thread pops up.
:lmao:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
So your saying that Cooper wasnt double covered most of the game they put lattimore on him occasionally? Well thanks for confirming the double team thing on Cooper was largely BS. :thumbup:

Guys like you that cant see talent will find out soon enough. :popcorn:

Do you even understand the difference between zone and man and can you tell when they are playing one over the other? Maybe you should start there. Then watch the other 16 games.
Who mentioned a double? I said ceedee didn't line up against Lattimore more than the other top 2 guys. Is that true or false?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Moore and Fat Mac are deluded. They think CeeDee, Gallup, Schultz and even Zeke will need to share the ball because they are all superstars.
Look for CeeDee to receive just enough looks to ensure he's our leading receiver.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I loved Coop here but its really amazing to hear how people have changed their thoughts on him. Now we can't do without him....but I sat here on this site defending him and these same peoole argued me down he doesn't show up in big games and he's this and he's that. Now that he's gone he's all of a sudden Jerry Rice.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Who mentioned a double? I said ceedee didn't line up against Lattimore more than the other top 2 guys. Is that true or false?

I dont recall mentioning lattimore or the saints at all. I dispute that Lamb gets open simply because Cooper is drawing all the double coverage. Its BS.

Thats not to say that Cooper never was doubled or that anyone else wasn't doubled at times.

Lamb is a total and complete stud and its obvious. Lamb gets the ball because he gets open, period!! Lamb was in the slot, out wide, he was everywhere. The guy can do it all. Hell they even give it to him on end arounds, straight handoffs and WR screens.

If anything, I feel like having Cooper held him back on what he was capable of.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I dont recall mentioning lattimore or the saints at all. I dispute that Lamb gets open simply because Cooper is drawing all the double coverage. Its BS.

Thats not to say that Cooper never was doubled or that anyone else wasn't doubled at times.

Lamb is a total and complete stud and its obvious. Lamb gets the ball because he gets open, period!! Lamb was in the slot, out wide, he was everywhere. The guy can do it all.

If anything, I feel like having Cooper held him back on what he was capable of.
I I I mentioned Lattimore and I asked you a question. Will you answer it? Why did Lattimore match up with Cooper and Gallup more than Lamb?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I I I mentioned Lattimore and I asked you a question. Will you answer it? Why did Lattimore match up with Cooper and Gallup more than Lamb?

I dont recall the game so I can't comment. I could really care less who Lattimore was on or who he wasnt. This is some made up BS your bringing up that has nothing to do with my comment.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I dont recall the game so I can't comment. I could really care less who Lattimore was on or who he wasnt. This is some made up BS your bringing up that has nothing to do with my comment.
You said he was the top target. Why wouldn't you be the top target if your going against the weaker dB most of the game? Atlanta game was another instance where Terrell was on Cooper most of the game. Sorry bro. Lamb has alot to prove

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You said he was the top target. Why wouldn't you be the top target if your going against the weaker dB most of the game? Atlanta game was another instance where Terrell was on Cooper most of the game. Sorry bro. Lamb has alot to prove

Or he is just better. Heck the guy was doing it his rookie year and overtook Cooper in his 2nd season. But I understand that guys like you cant see talent. See it all the time.

At least you arent disputing who the #1 target was anymore. :thumbup:

It was no different with Romo, Dak, Parsons, ect....ect.... There are always fans that need to see a 1400 yard season before they can actually see the talent.

Sorry bro, you will be proven wrong. I look forward to it.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Or he is just better. Heck the guy was doing it his rookie year and overtook Cooper in his 2nd season. But I understand that guys like you cant see talent. See it all the time.

At least you arent disputing who the #1 target was anymore. :thumbup:

It was no different with Romo, Dak, Parsons, ect....ect.... There are always fans that need to see a 1400 yard season before they can actually see the talent.

Sorry bro, you will be proven wrong. I look forward to it.
Boy dodging questions like Floyd dodge punches :lmao:

And how about Lamb start at having the season Coop did in 2018 then we can get to 1400+ buddy

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Boy dodging questions like Floyd dodge punches :lmao:

And how about Lamb start at having the season Coop did in 2018 then we can get to 1400+ buddy

Whatever you think happened you came to the right conclusion. That Lamb was the #1 target last year. You also confirmed by watching two games that Cooper was in fact, not double teamed all the time like many claimed.

Sorry bro, Cooper had 725 yards in 2018. His best season as a pro in yards was 2019 with 1189 yards. Lamb was on pace for nearly 1400 yards his rookie year before Dak went down and came close to beating that 1189 yards last year. LOL

Cooper got expunged for a reason. Its LAMB TIME!!!!

YOu cant see the talent, but you will see the results soon enough.

Cooper might actually have a great season over in Cleveland if their QB doesnt get suspended. But Cooper will have to stay healthy and not disappear some games like he usually does.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Whatever you think happened you came to the right conclusion. That Lamb was the #1 target last year. You also confirmed by watching two games that Cooper was in fact, not double teamed all the time like many claimed.

Sorry bro, Cooper had 725 yards in 2018. His best season as a pro in yards was 2019 with 1189 yards. Lamb was on pace for nearly 1400 yards his rookie year before Dak went down and came close to beating that 1189 yards last year. LOL

Cooper got expunged for a reason. Its LAMB TIME!!!!

YOu cant see the talent, but you will see the results soon enough.

Cooper might actually have a great season over in Cleveland if their QB doesnt get suspended. But Cooper will have to stay healthy and not disappear some games like he usually does.
In 2018 Cooper saved our season. Tell Lamb to put us on his back the same way then talk

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In 2018 Cooper saved our season. Tell Lamb to put us on his back the same way then talk

I like Cooper buddy. You come across as some kind of cooper cry baby. Lamb wears a star too. Ill never understand you fans that hate one player because you like another.

It was a great run by Cooper the 2nd half of that year along with Dak. Lets remember that it was pretty much Cooper and NO ONE else to throw to. I have no doubts that Lamb will blow away Coopers mild stats when it's all said and done. Not hard to do when your only putting up 900-1100 yards per season.

Cooper is great, but he didnt have the heart or the competitiveness to be one of the greats. If he did he would still be here.

But again.........at least you admit you were wrong again. Although, like before, as a kid would do it.

Techsass

Reaction score
He'll probably be the 1st read on a lot of those plays. I just hope there are enough options in case he isn't open to get the TD or 1st down.