Will Dak be better, worse, or stay the same this coming year?

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak shined earlier this year after being babied/limited during camp, but he will be getting a full camp this incoming year. I think he will take the next step to becoming a better QB. If you don't agree tell us why.

How do you think he will do? Whatever you think, say why please.
If they step up the offensive line and get him some blocking I feel his numbers will stay the same but his play against good defenses will struggle. If we whiff on the offensive line then he will get worse, much worse. He's only as good as the offensive line and RB. So my prediction is he regresses next year with a weaker offensive line and less talented receivers.

I'm also concerned about his ability to read defenses. That was never a concern of mine till after the Denver game and through the rest of the season. So I feel he regresses. I hope I'm wrong.

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak shined earlier this year after being babied/limited during camp, but he will be getting a full camp this incoming year. I think he will take the next step to becoming a better QB. If you don't agree tell us why.

How do you think he will do? Whatever you think, say why please.

I think the question is kind of backwards. People should ask, after 6 years what makes you think Dak is going to get any better? The realistic thing Cowboys fans can hope for is to give Dak a balanced attack and shore up the offensive line. That will make Dak better. But don't expect him to be something he hasn't been the last 6 years through magic.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
sad...but true... it's year 6. He was supposed to make the leap this year but the injury took that away, now he took 2 steps back and we're hoping that this next year is going to be his 4 games pre-injury but the guy is scared to slide - it's reality at this point.
So why did he play so well the first half of the season? You can't say he didnt.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
I think the question is kind of backwards. People should ask, after 6 years what makes you think Dak is going to get any better? The realistic thing Cowboys fans can hope for is to give Dak a balanced attack and shore up the offensive line. That will make Dak better. But don't expect him to be something he hasn't been the last 6 years through magic.
In 2020 (the year he got hurt) he literally was on record pace... until he got hurt. Then again last year he played well, so there is no evidence to say he will get worst this year with a full camp.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yeah I don't feel Dak is going to regress to the point that he'll be benched for Rush. I mean I guess it's possible but highly unlikely. I also don't feel he will be Mahomes or Rodgers. Dak is an adequate to above adequate bus driver. If given the right bus he, and the rest of the team, can win a super bowl. If the bus breaks down Dak can't put the team on his shoulders and create wins. It's not completely hopeless with Dak, unless Dak can't read defenses then we're really screwed. But if the Jones can provide a quality team around him then I feel we could do something. The part that scares me is Dak played pretty poorly the last 9 games of the season. Some of those wins the defense pulled it out for us and saved the offense. So I'm rooting for Dak because if he fails then the Cowboys fail but I'm not believing in Dak right now cuz of the last 9 games of the season.

I will say that Dak is not the reason we lost in the playoffs. That was a complete team fail starting from Jerry Jones, through the coaches and in the players. Everyone was bad in that game besides maybe Anger. Dak played poorly too but he had no help from his coaches, line, receivers, RBs and defense. So IMO the playoff embarrassment was a total team effort. I don't put that one on Dak