Will Dak sign Long Term Today? Give your prediction

Landryhat73

Reaction score
No - I don’t believe the front office has been outplayed like a common view in the media. Not only does Dak seem to want a short term contract (4 years) but he want the money mostly guaranteed. I think Prescott is a top ten QB but you can’t give him a 4 yr 160m contract with most of it guaranteed. This would kill the cap. In my opinion Prescott needs to be more flexible unless nothing will get done. Jones would be more then happy to give him a contract that makes him the 2nd highest paid player with cap flexibility. Every other QB has done this except Prescott! If Prescott doesn’t budge, my guess is he gets franchised next year and Dallas drafts a replacement early. Realistically if he can’t lead Dallas to a super bowl or a long playoff run in the next 2 years, why give him a long term contract. I’m not convinced on the open market he would get his demands anyway. With the coronavirus, no one has an idea how next year is going play out in both college and pro football. Hypothetically on the open market next year what team is giving Prescott his contract demands? The QB lite team would probably rather take a chance in drafting Lawrence or Fields then giving Prescott 40 million a year.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
No. I think Dak is going to bet on himself once too often. I would love to see Dalton extended just after the deadline and given extra reps in camp. They should look to trade Dak before the deadline.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Dak is playing on the tag this season. It's the "prove it" year. Either prove it or go play somewhere else.

I am rooting for Dak to have a great year. I will be surprised if a contract is signed today.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Weeks ago I would have said yes, but I'm thinking not so much now. Not to get this done is a massive mistake by the club IMO.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
No....
Was hoping it would be, but now it looks very unlikely.
I get that he wants to earn as much as possible, but to refuse a 5 year contract because you’re already looking at the next contract is dumb as well as selfish.
He could just as easily sign the 5 year one and renegotiate after 3 or 4 years for another big pay day.
I agree. It just makes him out to be someone who cares more about making money than winning. I could see that if he was making $40,000 a year but we're talking millions of dollars not including what he's already made and adding in future endorsements. How much more do you really need?

Rayman70

Reaction score
YES HE WILL. A 5 year deal, fully guaranteed at signing, and the 5th year gives Dak an opt out.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He really needs to or he might lose the fan base. 100million real money. come on Dak.:) That's stupid money.
agree..and for a guy that was drafted in the 4th round lol...Dak needs to have a come to Jesus moment fast.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He would be crazy not to... 110ish million guaranteed or 31 million guaranteed.... Hmmmm

It just seems Dak is asking for just a little more and makes no sense to walk away from it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He would be crazy not to... 110ish million guaranteed or 31 million guaranteed.... Hmmmm

It just seems Dak is asking for just a little more and makes no sense to walk away from it.
agree, its gotta be his agent doing this.

Swagger

Reaction score
It amuses me because if a long term deal is agreed and signed then all the Dakoids will be celebrating and all the rest of it. When the reality is that they would be celebrating the future 4-5 years of their team down the toilet! It doesn't bother me because i'm not going anywhere and i'm in it for the long haul. I would rather be in a position competing for a Superbowl next season rather than having to wait five more years, but if so, then so be it.

Bandar5656

Reaction score
If Love gets on the field one way or another and makes a small run in Green Bay, I think we should pursue A Rod, and draft a QB high. Its a pipe dream , but I would love to see A Rod here after all the pain he has imposed on this organization. His name makes me cringe I would love to have the same effect on other teams fans. I think he could be a real threat with this roster. That's what I always compare, what other elite qbs would do with this roster. The answer always is better than Dak. He's a good qb but there's no way he can go toe for toe with KC, Arod can.