Twitter: Will Dallas bring back Gilly?

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
BTB asked if they should bring back Gilly or JLew.

We saw they brought back JLew (on a good deal I might add). But, Diggs probably won't be himself until later on in the year so I think it is imperative to bring back Gilly even on a 1-year deal.

Diggs
Bland
JLew
Gilly
Eric Scott (?)

The CB room should be a strength next season again. I want them to bring back Gilly to make sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I'm glad Lewis is Back.

Gilmore was good last season but you can tell he's lost a lot of speed.
I agree he lost a step, but he was serviceable especially when Diggs went down. I'm just moreso worried about Diggs needing time to shake off the rust before feeling like himself again and trusting his body...meanwhile Gilly fills in until then. Just limit his snaps.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What’s it matter. Gilmore is a short term thing and the cowboys aren’t attempting to win a Super Bowl this year.
They clearly are attempting the fact they have so many vets and just signed Kendrick’s….not how I would build a team but they will contend for a playoff berth.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Nah, blow up the team so there's enough cash to pay Dak 100 mil a season for the next 5 years.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I wouldn't bring back Gilmore, at his age, there were clear signs last year he can't keep up on crossing routes, he's lost that quick short burst a cornerback needs to catch up ..

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Lol it really is a wacky thing that they share a pool of money and This guy dak takes so much of it
What's worse is his fan club thinks he's earned it. Mahomes has earned it several times over but Dak hasn't come close and never will..

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I thought at the start of free agency it would be Gilmore or Lewis coming back. I preferred Gilmore because of his ability to play outside vs Lewis who is mostly a slot corner.

Still would love to have Gilmore back too, he played well last year and would also lower cb as a draft need with a few rookies and vets vying for cb5 or cb6. Cowboys should try to fill most defensive needs before the draft, especially at DT and LB because sans a few guys earlier in the draft this isn't a strong/deep group at those positions.