Twitter: Will Dallas bring back Gilly?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
BTB asked if they should bring back Gilly or JLew.

We saw they brought back JLew (on a good deal I might add). But, Diggs probably won't be himself until later on in the year so I think it is imperative to bring back Gilly even on a 1-year deal.

Diggs
Bland
JLew
Gilly
Eric Scott (?)

The CB room should be a strength next season again. I want them to bring back Gilly to make sure.

Writing is clearly on the wall. We re-signed Lewis and Diggs and Bland are the projected starters. Doesn't matter that Diggs is coming off injury. We trust our guys.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
No....if they really wanted him....they would have done something by now...

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I wouldn't bring back Gilmore, at his age, there were clear signs last year he can't keep up on crossing routes, he's lost that quick short burst a cornerback needs to catch up ..
He’s probably the best FA still unsigned. He is 33, but a team with a substandard secondary will see value in him. He put up decent numbers covering the targeted receiver.

quickccc

Reaction score
I wouldn't bring back Gilmore, at his age, there were clear signs last year he can't keep up on crossing routes, he's lost that quick short burst a cornerback needs to catch up ..
And for an aging guy that lost quickness, he was immediately assigned to Seattle WR DK Metcalf, who was just
roasting alive the NFL record setting Daron Bland ....

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'm glad Lewis is Back.

Gilmore was good last season but you can tell he's lost a lot of speed.
Gilmore has lost a little speed, but he is a super smart veteran that can STILL play. When Bland was struggling vs Brown during the first Philly game, Gilmore took over covering him and did an excellent job!!!!

Mr_437

Reaction score
I want Gilmore back, but they may be done until the draft after the Lewis signing.

Diggs
Bland
Lewis
Mukuamu (I think Zim puts him at CB)
Wright
Butler
CJ Goodwin
Scott Jr.

The room is decent now, but Diggs coming a major injury makes me nervous about the depth.

The Natural

Reaction score
I’d bring him back, the back end of the defense would have collapsed last year had he not been around

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
And for an aging guy that lost quickness, he was immediately assigned to Seattle WR DK Metcalf, who was just
roasting alive the NFL record setting Daron Bland ....
That was impressive how he shut ig DK Metcalf's water like that.

Maybe use him on TEs and big physical receivers like AJ Brown or DK Metcalf moving forward? I definitely want him back.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
If only there was a FA CB out there still that could play we wouldn't have to discuss this

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Can we please get rid of the phrase "gilly", reminds me of the young kids word "glizzy"

starfan1

Reaction score
I'm glad Lewis is Back.

Gilmore was good last season but you can tell he's lost a lot of speed.
He has and Lewis looked good the last few games but he also has cost us more than a couple of games.I think it was smart to bring him back if your getting the last 1/4 of season. If your getting the other part of it he may very well be a liabilty.

What does eric scott have is my question?

Last edited: