Twitter: Will Grier and Nussmeier

CowboyMort

Reaction score
I liked him in college, but I saw him play in a game for the Panthers and he looked like hot garbage. Maybe it was a one off, but he didn't look like he did at WV.

Reactions: BAT

Aven8

Reaction score
Last year we got Dalton and this year we did nothing and now we’re paying for it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last year we got Dalton and this year we did nothing and now we’re paying for it.
The team isn't through signing people. There will be some cuts. Cam Newton has already been cut. Foles could be cut, or maybe had for a late round draft pick. There will be some others, although maybe not quite Andy Dalton level.

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
The team isn't through signing people. There will be some cuts. Cam Newton has already been cut. Foles could be cut, or maybe had for a late round draft pick. There will be some others, although maybe not quite Andy Dalton level.

Something tells me they're holding out for Foles. They tried to bring him in once before.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Something tells me they're holding out for Foles. They tried to bring him in once before.
If that's true the question is whether to wait and see if he gets cut, or see if the Bears will take a late round draft pick for him

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Will Grier you say?

That's my boy.

This is something we can agree on. Too bad he screwed up and got popped for roids because he was on his way to Heisman at Florida. Kid has a ton of talent and the Cowboys would be idiots not to kick the tires. I do worry where his head is though.. The whole roids thing and I watched some special on him during his senior year and he was already married with like two little kids and frankly seemed way more into his family than he was football. Nothing wrong with that.. unless you're trying to make millions of dollars playing football.

blueblood70

Reaction score
UMM YET
NOTHING YET

and paying for it when when dak gets hurt sounds like premature statement but im guessing premature not new for you.;)

:laugh:

Last year we got Dalton and this year we did nothing YET and now we MIGHT pay for it if dak gets hurt long term.

Fixed that statement it was necessary and you are welcome

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I like what Nate Newton said on "Hangin'" yesterday.. Wait until week 5 or 6 .. see if the defense has a pulse.. If they do then the need for expensive insurance at backup QB comes to the forefront. If they play like last year it won't matter who they get at backup QB, if Dak goes down this team is royally screwed.

plasticman

Reaction score
As a high school junior he threw for 837 yards in a single game. In his senior year he threw for 77 TD's and ran for another 12. Pretty amazing.

However, he did absolutely nothing after being drafted in the 3rd round by the Panthers. He had two starts, threw 3 INT's in teh first. In teh 2nd game he completed one pass before going out with an injury.

I didn't find any preseason stats on him, did he play at all?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
This is something we can agree on. Too bad he screwed up and got popped for roids because he was on his way to Heisman at Florida. Kid has a ton of talent and the Cowboys would be idiots not to kick the tires. I do worry where his head is though.. The whole roids thing and I watched some special on him during his senior year and he was already married with like two little kids and frankly seemed way more into his family than he was football. Nothing wrong with that.. unless you're trying to make millions of dollars playing football.

I’ve linked the story below detailing exactly what Grier took. Although he was ignorant for not getting the substance cleared by the medical staff it wasn’t as if he bought the substance in the back of a dirty gym from some guy named Rocko. Lol! I’d at least bring. Grier in for a look cause Cooper Rush has the Red Jesus stank on him.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ubstance-took-mcelwain-pushing-leave-florida/

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Will is a local legend here in my town. His parents don't live to far from me and his brothers are youtube/tik toc stars or something. One of my ortho doctors helped with his hand or wrist when he was in college. With the right coaching he could be a serviceable back up.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I’ve linked the story below detailing exactly what Grier took. Although he was ignorant for not getting the substance cleared by the medical staff it wasn’t as if he bought the substance in the back of a dirty gym from some guy named Rocko. Lol! I’d at least bring. Grier in for a look cause Cooper Rush has the Red Jesus stank on him.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ubstance-took-mcelwain-pushing-leave-florida/

Thanks I had forgotten that he had gotten popped for some stuff you can buy at the local GNC. And I do remember the crap about it being banned but not on the banned list which made no sense to me at the time and really still doesn't. I thought Grier was a better QB than anybody Florida had trotted out there since Tebow and pushing him out was a huge mistake. Franks was never going to be as good as Grier. McElwain was an idiot for how he handled that. They should have let him serve out the suspension, let him practice and then bring him back when the suspension was over.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score