Will Gurley's arthritis up Zeke's asking price?

InTheZone

Reaction score
I think Jaylon and LVE will be signed. Byron Probly not.
It would be an absolute waste to simply throw away talent, especially after spending a 1st. You make sure you sign him. Remember, we're not a development house for other teams.

starfan1

Reaction score
It would be an absolute waste to simply throw away talent, especially after spending a 1st. You make sure you sign him. Remember, we're not a development house for other teams.
well when it comes to cap numbers and such sometimes there are unfortunate casualties. I see Byron being one of those. And quite frankly if I'm prioritizing he should be the one. His play went south after Pro bowl berth now that could be because of an injury to his hip but when healthy how many picks did he have?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The last 2 I would reverse
I wouldn't blame you. I just think they'll both command about the same contract and one is on the upswing and plays a much more important position. The other one is the better player though.

InTheZone

Reaction score
well when it comes to cap numbers and such sometimes there are unfortunate casualties. I see Byron being one of those. And quite frankly if I'm prioritizing he should be the one. His play went south after Pro bowl berth now that could be because of an injury to his hip but when healthy how many picks did he have?
You can't look at one stat and say well he's not worth it. Same things with sack numbers. Look at the whole part of his game, not one stat line. Otherwise we're saying Brandon Carr, the career game maker, is better. Lol

All I'm saying is you find a way to keep him. Less money for Dak or whoever, make it happen.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke is better. Better requires more money. The end.
better is relative to who you ask or what team you pull for,

they both are top 5 backs and are very good, TG gets ton more TDs and close to the yards but given his injury issues they should have never given TG that contract that upset the salary pool for RBs.. Bells contract should be the one they try pushing on zekes, in a lot of ways its the real market for back as TG was huge mistake and given the only one, id say lets take step back..

starfan1

Reaction score
You can't look at one stat and say well he's not worth it. Same things with sack numbers. Look at the whole part of his game, not one stat line. Otherwise we're saying Brandon Carr, the career game maker, is better. Lol

All I'm saying is you find a way to keep him. Less money for Dak or whoever, make it happen.
so you think dak is and his agent is going to take less money so Byron can stay? That would be nice but it isn't going to happen. And really when i look at value at the position Dak plays the most critical spot in sports and he is excelling. daks gonna get paid and most likely overpaid.

me personally Id just as soon keep Byron but if there is going to be casualty Id also want it to be him over Jaylon or LVE down the road. its a hard choice all teams need to make. Byron is going to want to get paid big dollars just like the rest of the group. I just think hes odd man out. Honestly Id also rather have him than Zeke in terms of losing people but Zekes valus far outweighs Byron. I have a feeling Zeke is going to be a constant headache

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I have a hunch you aren't comparing anything but simply guessing.

To each their own.

I have a hunch that you miss out on valuable info, then come on the forum as if you know everything.

A blind know it all.....that's what that is. I knew it was around here somewhere.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Zeke can stay out of camp.

We can go 0-2.

Then he gets paid.

Or we can pay him and we go 2-0.

See Emmitt in 1993.
LOL. If you think that's in the realm of possibility, you need have your Cowboy card revoked. Zeke isn't about to cause waves like that for the Jones family. This isn't Emmitt's Cowboys. Pull your head out of your behind and understand this isn't the 90's anymore. We have him under contract for two more seasons so the Cowboys aren't about to offer him a raise this season. He'll be lucky to get through the season not having to give up some money due to league fines or suspension.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gurley and his health issues will have zero affect on Zeke. Heck, we may not keep him past this year. He will want a max deal at seasons end...and unless we are in the SB..I don't see him getting it from Dallas.

Rayman70

Reaction score
LOL. If you think that's in the realm of possibility, you need have your Cowboy card revoked. Zeke isn't about to cause waves like that for the Jones family. This isn't Emmitt's Cowboys. Pull your head out of your behind and understand this isn't the 90's anymore. We have him under contract for two more seasons so the Cowboys aren't about to offer him a raise this season. He'll be lucky to get through the season not having to give up some money due to league fines or suspension.
good post. Zeke would be an even bigger knucklehead than we thought if he did ANYTHING to further alienate the Jones' and the fanbase.

InTheZone

Reaction score
so you think dak is and his agent is going to take less money so Byron can stay? That would be nice but it isn't going to happen. And really when i look at value at the position Dak plays the most critical spot in sports and he is excelling. daks gonna get paid and most likely overpaid.

me personally Id just as soon keep Byron but if there is going to be casualty Id also want it to be him over Jaylon or LVE down the road. its a hard choice all teams need to make. Byron is going to want to get paid big dollars just like the rest of the group. I just think hes odd man out. Honestly Id also rather have him than Zeke in terms of losing people but Zekes valus far outweighs Byron. I have a feeling Zeke is going to be a constant headache
I wasn't specifying Daks contract just for Byron. You look at who is going to get paid and you dial it back just a tad...a tad for other players looking for their deserving contract. And i don't care what the position is, an average player does not command top dollar contracts.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
No We're not, according to over the cap, the figure of $19.4 is correct, where are You getting that from?

Spotrac .

Top 51 salaries are 19mil. With all the salaries they are carrying for camp, Dallas is 277K over the cap.

Dak is not getting big $$$$ anytime soon.