Will Houston's success affect Jerry?

Zordon

Reaction score
Jerry is on record, that the inaugural Texans game loss was one of, if not the worst losses in his career.

He has also always been reluctant about having another NFL franchise invading his "turf" (ex: against new franchise in San Antonio).

I am a lifelong Texan, there has always been a simmering rivalry between the two cities.

Do you think Houston's newfound success and having a young dynamic roster/coach will motivate Jerry in any form?

bark

Reaction score
Well he has watched some of our great rivals rebuild and return to glory but has never veered from the course so I’m going with no.
Texans have been a great story though and right in our backyard….

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry is on record, that the inaugural Texans game loss was one of, if not the worst losses in his career.

He has also always been reluctant about having another NFL franchise invading his "turf" (ex: against new franchise in San Antonio).

I am a lifelong Texan, there has always been a simmering rivalry between the two cities.

Do you think Houston's newfound success and having a young dynamic roster/coach will motivate Jerry in any form?
LOL..........81 YEARS OLD and still trying to prove he is a football guy.
PATHETIC..........Now we get to live Jerry's version of AL Davis.........The pain continues.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

It won’t. Jerry loves Texans being good it’s better for his team. Jerry shows time and time again what effects him and what doesn’t.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Tongue in cheek comment from you. But it is relevant. Cowboys could potentially lose their stranglehold on this state if they're not careful.
Cowboys could go winless and they will never loss it lol. Let’s be for real.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

No!......they haven't done anything yet

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Nope, only way you're gonna see a change is if one of the other teams somehow overtake us as no.1 in value. Until then, Jerry will continue to do what he's doing

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Unless they get a new stadium to outshine AT&T Jerry wont be worried about Houston at all.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
No, and he won't care when the 9ers bludgeon GB.

This loss had very little to do with the opponent and everything to do with us simply sucking because we were out coached and out executed.

I really hope Jerry believes we just ran into a buzz saw because he's going to see how untrue that is.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
If Texans have success like a Peyton Manning led Colts kind or Tom Brady led New England Patriots, then lot of younger fanbase will move to Texans. Current younger fanbase dont give two hoots about Cowboys, it is the kids and parents who saw the the 90s success are holding the fans club for Cowboys.

In life, everything has an expiry.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I guess Jerry could be stupid enough to react to how Houston does. Not sure why it would matter, but, OK. :huh:
Houston likely goes through what a lot of surprise teams do and comes back down a little next year and won't have as easy of a schedule. Fun team, but not really all that great. I'll root for them to do well in the playoffs though.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I’m a CJ Stroud fan for sure. The kid is really good. Fitting that Schultz and Brown etc are all still in the playoffs…..
Wouldn't it be something if Houston advanced to afc championship or maybe even further.