Will Houston's success affect Jerry?

J_Allen

Reaction score
Only if they start making more money. This team gets humiliated every year and he doesn't care.

We need to start rooting for the Texans. Like someone else said, if they do steal the spotlight that could get under his skin because his ego is so massive. Spotlight and money are the two things that affect Jerry jones.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry is on record, that the inaugural Texans game loss was one of, if not the worst losses in his career.

He has also always been reluctant about having another NFL franchise invading his "turf" (ex: against new franchise in San Antonio).

I am a lifelong Texan, there has always been a simmering rivalry between the two cities.

Do you think Houston's newfound success and having a young dynamic roster/coach will motivate Jerry in any form?
No, a good team to play helps his team get tougher. That is the basics.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If Houston loses this weekend, they would have done what the Cowboys did last year and that isn't a success to Cowboys fans.
Of course it isn't a success for Cowboy fans. It would be for Texans fans though. They were coming off a 3 win season and actually made the playoffs and won a game and they have a new franchise QB. It was like 1990 when we won 7 games after being 3-13 and 1-15 the two years prior. that season was successful for us and was the starting point for the dynasty. We're coming off of 3 straight 12 win seasons and we still can't get out of our way. We'll probably regress next year.

Brax

Reaction score
LOL..........81 YEARS OLD and still trying to prove he is a football guy.
PATHETIC..........Now we get to live Jerry's version of AL Davis.........The pain continues.
He’s bringing in a overhead projector for his next presser to outline his holistic approach after all the culprits for the disaster have been cleared and retained their jobs in the first hour of the extensive investigation and how no stone will be left unturned to correct this championship roster and coaches that no how win without blowing their own horns.

Creeper

Reaction score
The only way it will effect Jerry is if the media stops sticking a microphone in his face and sticks it in the face of the Texans management instead. If the Texans become more relevant than Jerry I have no doubt he will act out.

RS12

Reaction score
I said this two years ago: The Bengals making it to the SB was the worst thing that could happen to this franchise. Mike Brown is the only other owner/GM out there (in Brown's case he is too cheap to pay for a GM). Point is it likely only made Jerry convinced he is on the right path and to continue to dig in his heels.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
These threads are always subconsciously hopeful.

No, Houston's success does not move the needle.

Jerry is moved by money. Hit him in the pocket books if you want change.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It depends on the houston defense if they can beat the ravens or not.
I like the houston team, but their uni's are awful , helmets and the bull or what ever that is on their helmet is not pleasing to look at.
But I will ignore that and root for them to win.

I could easily switch to Houston if they had better uni's, which I dont see happening.
I might anyway if the team continues to play well and win.

vlad

Reaction score
Jerry is on record, that the inaugural Texans game loss was one of, if not the worst losses in his career.

He has also always been reluctant about having another NFL franchise invading his "turf" (ex: against new franchise in San Antonio).

I am a lifelong Texan, there has always been a simmering rivalry between the two cities.

Do you think Houston's newfound success and having a young dynamic roster/coach will motivate Jerry in any form?
I said it somewhere else: I’d put money down if they win, much line he did with the eagles, he’ll say he’s proud of them

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If Houston loses this weekend, they would have done what the Cowboys did last year and that isn't a success to Cowboys fans.
I hope Jerry is paying you for these spin job rationalizations. Maybe you have to do it as a coping mechanism? Who knows?

Houston won 3 games last year. For them to match what Dallas did last year, and go further than Dallas this year, is an embarrassment of the Dallas Cowboys.

Houston has had some awful seasons and yet they have more playoff wins since their birth than Dallas.

You can talk about the 70s and 90s, and you will, yet nothing I just said changes or is disproven.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Had Philly advanced that probably would have affected Jerry.

LysleE

Reaction score
Jerry only cares about the Cowboys remaining relevant off the field, in terms of licensing and merchandising; as well as remaining one of, if not the most, highly-valued sports franchises in the world.
Jerry may talk about his desire to win another NFC Championship or Super Bowl, but his action, or inaction, speaks otherwise.

ICP

Reaction score
Nothing effects Jerry other than the money pouring in and his colossal ego