Will Houston's success affect Jerry?

calico

Reaction score
Hopefully. Anything that affects his margins in a negative way is a good thing for the fans.

I’m jealous of their young coach and generational QB. Everyone makes fun of the owner for playing video games in his office all day but I wish Jerry did that.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Tongue in cheek comment from you. But it is relevant. Cowboys could potentially lose their stranglehold on this state if they're not careful.
The Cowboys are going to lose a LOT of fans in central and east and south Texas the next several years. Stroud is that good, and he isn't going anywhere.

Houston was kind of good in the mid-teens when Kubiak won a couple of playoff games, but nothing like what they're about to be.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Unless they get a new stadium to outshine AT&T Jerry wont be worried about Houston at all.
You want to compare stadiums, which stadium do you think looks best? I'd take the Rams new stadium over Jerry world any day of the week.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wouldn't it be something if Houston advanced to afc championship or maybe even further.
Please God no....I can't take their obnoxious fans!!! I will say I do like C.J. Stroud, and the Texans got themselves a good QB!!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Funny! I lived in Houston 18 years…used to be HoustonFrog here too. When Houston won that game it was insufferable. I used to be on a Texans board…TexansTalk…just to hear them moan and to hear them hate Dallas. Almost every radio station would rather talk about Dallas here vs David Carr sucking. They reminded me of this board a lot…Carr lovers and haters(Derek Carr used to get on there to defend David under screen name Hulk75), Kubiak lovers and haters. Anyways I never liked the team but respect them a lot now. I was a bigger Oiler fan on the side.

So yes I think it bothers Jerry!

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Jerry is on record, that the inaugural Texans game loss was one of, if not the worst losses in his career.

He has also always been reluctant about having another NFL franchise invading his "turf" (ex: against new franchise in San Antonio).

I am a lifelong Texan, there has always been a simmering rivalry between the two cities.

Do you think Houston's newfound success and having a young dynamic roster/coach will motivate Jerry in any form?

No, he saw the Stealers get 6 before us to break our tie (talk about a rivalry), he saw the Pats go from 0 SB while we had 5, then they surpassed us and left us in there dust and nothing changed at all, and year 30 coming up since last SB appearance. Once a dog hits double digits in years, you are not teaching them any new tricks at that point.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry is on record, that the inaugural Texans game loss was one of, if not the worst losses in his career.

He has also always been reluctant about having another NFL franchise invading his "turf" (ex: against new franchise in San Antonio).

I am a lifelong Texan, there has always been a simmering rivalry between the two cities.

Do you think Houston's newfound success and having a young dynamic roster/coach will motivate Jerry in any form?
It should. So, he'll go get some more TE's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
No. Nothing affects Jerry. His ego is too big. He is a football genius in his own mind.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Listen closely: Jerry only cares about having the #1 money making sports team in the world.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Naw, Jerry is fat and happy .....

TheHerd

Reaction score
Not a chance, Houston is worth a fraction of the Cowboys value.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Houston would have laid up 70 on us and Tank Dell wasn’t even playing.

starfan1

Reaction score
Nope wont phase him a bit. But get you used to the Texans because barring injury they are going to be around for awhile.Theres talent there on that roster beyond the QB spot which is also talented.

rambo2

Reaction score

If Houston loses this weekend, they would have done what the Cowboys did last year and that isn't a success to Cowboys fans.

J817

Reaction score
Unless the NFL pulls an MLB and drops Houston in the same conference or division, I don’t see anything happening all the way in Houston impacting what Jerry does or believes. Does the Stealers impact the Eagles? Does Tampa’s recent success impact Miami? Are the Rams concerned when the Chargers or Niners are doing well? The answer to all three is probably not. Texas is a big state. If Dallas and Houston were in New England, Houston would be a couple states away.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I doubt it.........however.........I suppose there could be a scenario where Houston starts taking all the Texas spotlight. Maybe that could get under his skin. Really though, if that pathetic display from the team last Saturday can't do it, then probably nothing can.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

I sure hope the hell it does! Now that I'm thinking about it, I hope Texas goes on a deep run and get's to the SB! Oh my god, that would be the cherry on top of the milkshake, able to listen to JJ BS his way out of why his BIG BAD COWBOYS can't get to a 2nd rd playoff when the young Texas team is making it look easy with a Bonafide'd ROOKIE QB who was drafted by a legitimate GM and COACH.