Will Jerry Limit Pollard for leverage?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I couldn't figure out why we hardly saw Pollard against the 49ers, especially with all the buzz around the guy.
Then I realized it's just a tactic to get Zeke back here before the season starts by telling the world that Pollard is the next 22. Jerry declares him capable of carrying the load...based off training camp. We hear about how he is the steal of the draft. Then he's limited in the first preseason game like he's a proven vet. I don't buy the hoopla (yet), so I highly doubt this would concern Zeke or his agent.

Do you think we will see Pollard play beyond the starting offense at all this preseason? I'm thinking that we will not, unless Zeke is on the sideline, and that seems like a disservice to Pollard. You go out and tell Cowboy Nation the guy is great, then don't give him much preseason action, then expect him to hit the regular season at full speed with everyone ready to crown him or run him off after the first game. Could be setting this kid up for failure right out of the gate.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I think by PS game 3 he'll get some decent action. Maybe a half.

Hopefully, but unless he does something amazing in the first series or two of the Rams game, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Morris start that game and hear that Pollard is out for "precaution".

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I couldn't figure out why we hardly saw Pollard against the 49ers, especially with all the buzz around the guy.
Then I realized it's just a tactic to get Zeke back here before the season starts by telling the world that Pollard is the next 22. Jerry declares him capable of carrying the load...based off training camp. We hear about how he is the steal of the draft. Then he's limited in the first preseason game like he's a proven vet. I don't buy the hoopla (yet), so I highly doubt this would concern Zeke or his agent.

Do you think we will see Pollard play beyond the starting offense at all this preseason? I'm thinking that we will not, unless Zeke is on the sideline, and that seems like a disservice to Pollard. You go out and tell Cowboy Nation the guy is great, then don't give him much preseason action, then expect him to hit the regular season at full speed with everyone ready to crown him or run him off after the first game. Could be setting this kid up for failure right out of the gate.

Zeke isn't sweating Tony Pollard no matter how much he's hyped. But you're right, it isn't fair to Pollard.

PoetTree

Reaction score
This thing that hasn’t happened would be really bad if it did happen and I’m upset about hypothesizing that it could potentially happen in this speculative realm of infinite possibilities.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Zeke isn't sweating Tony Pollard no matter how much he's hyped. But you're right, it isn't fair to Pollard.
Zeke should be sweating Tony Pollard. Have you heard Jerry talking about him? Pollard is pickpocketing Zeke's money every time they give him the ball. Are you another Zeke fan too blind to actually see what's happening here? Zeke is losing his leverage.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

They like pollard. And right now, he is the only other good RB on the roster. So they are treating him like they should their starter.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke should be sweating Tony Pollard. Have you heard Jerry talking about him? Pollard is pickpocketing Zeke's money every time they give him the ball. Are you another Zeke fan too blind to actually see what's happening here? Zeke is losing his leverage.
:muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Zeke should be sweating Tony Pollard. Have you heard Jerry talking about him? Pollard is pickpocketing Zeke's money every time they give him the ball. Are you another Zeke fan to blind to actually see what's happening here? Zeke is losing his leverage.

I see exactly what's happening here.

I'm a grown man who has been through several contract negotiations, not a fan overreacting to everything Jerry says.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I see exactly what's happening here.

I'm a grown man who has been through several contract negotiations, not a fan overreacting to everything Jerry says.
Translation... Too blind to see what's actually going on here.

John813

Reaction score
Hopefully, but unless he does something amazing in the first series or two of the Rams game, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Morris start that game and hear that Pollard is out for "precaution".

I think if the holdout is that far along, they'll want to get Pollard a decent taste of the offense by game 3. Not a 15+ carry outing or anything but get him involved in the run and maybe a few passes.

But, jmo.

erod

Reaction score
Once again.....

Pollard has NEVER been a lead back before. Memphis had two other guys that carried the ball more than him.

He's a third-down back who can also play out of the slot.

Swanny

Reaction score
Zeke hasn't lost any leverage. But I don't think Zeke had any leverage to start. Zeke can sit out. But Pollard has not aided in Zeke gaining or losing any leverage.

Cowfan75

Reaction score

Are you just here to attack fans? If Pollard is taking money from Zeke every time he takes a snap, he's not getting much money so far.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you just here to attack fans? If Pollard is taking money from Zeke every time he takes a snap, he's not getting much money so far.

He's worried once Zeke gets his new deal his Gig working for the Dak PR dept is over.
Oh well there's always the option of getting a real Job Joe.....