Will Jerry Limit Pollard for leverage?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Oh, I think he's going to be a really nice player for us.

Just not as a lead back. He wouldn't last long.

He won't be the lead back because Zeke's holdout is coming to an end.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Zeke has lost public sentiment, but I still think they work something out.

Both need each other badly.

Granted, they both need each other, although, how badly is yet to be determined.

So far, so good for Pollard. Meanwhile, Zeke is in Cabo, while Pollard is the man!

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Elliott's worried about Pollard, he's drunk again. One is a 3 down back that is very good without the ball and the other is a 3rd down back on 3rd and longs.

If Booger wanted to put pressure on Elliott, he'd showcase Pollard as what he's tried to sell him as, a feature back. Weber is more of an Elliott backup than Pollard.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think if the holdout is that far along, they'll want to get Pollard a decent taste of the offense by game 3. Not a 15+ carry outing or anything but get him involved in the run and maybe a few passes.

But, jmo.

If they really want to scare Zeke, then they SHOULD give the kid 15 carries in the first half of the 3rd preseason game and let him rack up 100 yards rushing.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I couldn't figure out why we hardly saw Pollard against the 49ers, especially with all the buzz around the guy.
Then I realized it's just a tactic to get Zeke back here before the season starts by telling the world that Pollard is the next 22. Jerry declares him capable of carrying the load...based off training camp. We hear about how he is the steal of the draft. Then he's limited in the first preseason game like he's a proven vet. I don't buy the hoopla (yet), so I highly doubt this would concern Zeke or his agent.

Do you think we will see Pollard play beyond the starting offense at all this preseason? I'm thinking that we will not, unless Zeke is on the sideline, and that seems like a disservice to Pollard. You go out and tell Cowboy Nation the guy is great, then don't give him much preseason action, then expect him to hit the regular season at full speed with everyone ready to crown him or run him off after the first game. Could be setting this kid up for failure right out of the gate.
I think Pollard has already won the starting job if Zeke's holdout lasts into the season. He got pulled when most of the starters did.

In terms of is Pollard legit, I think it's a good sign

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Are you just here to attack fans? If Pollard is taking money from Zeke every time he takes a snap, he's not getting much money so far.

JoeKing can annoy me at times. But he throws out some good points here and there and I always forgive that oaf.

JayFord

Reaction score
Pollard should get 20 carries a game

Dudes a rookie we know little about

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I couldn't figure out why we hardly saw Pollard against the 49ers, especially with all the buzz around the guy.
Then I realized it's just a tactic to get Zeke back here before the season starts by telling the world that Pollard is the next 22. Jerry declares him capable of carrying the load...based off training camp. We hear about how he is the steal of the draft. Then he's limited in the first preseason game like he's a proven vet. I don't buy the hoopla (yet), so I highly doubt this would concern Zeke or his agent.

Do you think we will see Pollard play beyond the starting offense at all this preseason? I'm thinking that we will not, unless Zeke is on the sideline, and that seems like a disservice to Pollard. You go out and tell Cowboy Nation the guy is great, then don't give him much preseason action, then expect him to hit the regular season at full speed with everyone ready to crown him or run him off after the first game. Could be setting this kid up for failure right out of the gate.

I think Jerry isn't football smart enough to start playing mind games in the media. Plus, he's not the one lacking leverage. He just says whatever pops into his at the moment. He likes Pollard.

Zeke is coming back regardless of how good or not Pollard might be. He must or he's in the same boat next season. So, unless he's retiring, he's got nothing to gain sitting out.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn’t call anyone a name.
This is technically true, he said Joe sounded like an idiot, which can be a temporary situation, he didn't say he is an idiot, which is permanent.

Joe is that bud of yours when you go bar hopping, you have to keep hopping because too long at one bar and it's fists city.

superonyx

Reaction score
You called him an idiot? Yes?
Della Street has the court transcripts!
I said he sounded like an idiot. He isn’t an idiot. He’s a troll yes...is that above or below sounding like an idiot.

and you made me feel bad so I deleted it.

I was sort of joking and reread it and realized it wasn’t cool.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Zeke hasn't lost any leverage. But I don't think Zeke had any leverage to start. Zeke can sit out. But Pollard has not aided in Zeke gaining or losing any leverage.
Not until the season starts. Zeke will either have all the leverage or no leverage at all based on how the regular season goes. If Pollard and the run game looks good and we win than Zeke has no leverage. If we can't run the ball and can't get a win than Zeke has all the leverage.