Will Julius Jones outrush Marion Barber

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2278441 said:
No because he'll get hurt soon but I wouldn't mind to much if he does. I like the guy and I think we'd get a better comp pick. :D

He better not get hurt - he's my 3rd RB ~ :)

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
I could be wrong but isnt our comp draft pick somehow tied to his performance this year???

I dont have an ill will towards Julies and hope he has 1500 yards this season

Reaction score
SibannacRex;2278585 said:
Barber has 10 catches for 87 yards and a TD, while Jones has 6 for 35 and no TDs.

Add that up and you have

Jones: 347 yards 1 TD
Barber: 372 yards 5 TDs

Barber is a much better blocker and has played vs. 2 playoff teams from last year and another team that is power ranked in the top 5 this year. No comparison

Barber is a beast and I wouldnt trade him for anyone else in the league...

JJ will have a good year though I think..

When he was getting the ball 30 times a game, he was putting up numbers. He is a back that needs to get into a rythm, and 10-12 carries a game wasnt enough to get going.

Barber is just the opposite. He plays the same way every down and doesnt need a certain number of carries to produce.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Jaxonsdaddd;2278661 said:
I could be wrong but isnt our comp draft pick somehow tied to his performance this year???

It's tied only to his contract, his playing time and any postseason honors he receives.

The primary factor is his contract, and it will be difficult for the comp pick for him to be anything but a sixth-rounder.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JJ's having a fine season and it looks like Seattle made a good decision signing him.

It also looks like Dallas made a good decision not signing him, signing Barber and drafting Felix as the complementary back. Everybody should be happy, right?

Reaction score
landryscorner;2278729 said:
Quick anwer: NO

so we can end this discussion already?

Wasn't asking if anyone preferred JJ to Marion....

Just wanted to know what some thought about his recent success.. thats all.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
No. He's done great against two of the worst run defenses in the league the last two weeks. He won't put up anywhere near these numbers all year.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Boysboy;2278561 said:
What is with all the hatred with Julius? Yes, he was a (major)underwhelmer here. Yes, he lacked a little bit of heart when MB3 started getting more carries.

But come on-he wasn't a bad guy. If anything, it was more bad luck than anything, especially not getting off on the right foot with all those injuries. And if he didn't get that high ankle sprain in the 1st Philly game in '05, who knows how he would have done the rest of the season? B/c he was just getting on track with that game.

With that being said, it's good to see him getting off to a great start.

I did not have a problem with him until he started blaming everyone else for his poor performance...it was never his fault he was running bad, he always had an excuse and it was someone else...

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
If MBIII continues at this rate he'll get 1500+ yards and Felix a gnats under 800 yards. Seems to me that Jason needs to take some carries away from MBIII and give them to Felix. 1000 yards rushing each would be cool. ;)

FCBarca

Reaction score
If Julius continues to play against powderpuff level run D, then yeah, he has a great year...If they are actually NFL caliber defenses, he gets exposed for what he really is :cool:

zeromaster

Reaction score
Boysboy;2278561 said:
What is with all the hatred with Julius? Yes, he was a (major)underwhelmer here. Yes, he lacked a little bit of heart when MB3 started getting more carries.

But come on-he wasn't a bad guy. If anything, it was more bad luck than anything, especially not getting off on the right foot with all those injuries. And if he didn't get that high ankle sprain in the 1st Philly game in '05, who knows how he would have done the rest of the season? B/c he was just getting on track with that game.

Some of us grew tired of the "robot", "fresh start", "chip on the shoulder", "pile magnet" phenomenon.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
If he continues to get 30 touches a game possibly, but he still sucks...:laugh2:

CoCo

Reaction score
I am very happy for Julius and his performances from the last two weeks. I hope he makes it a habit.

And everytime he makes a good play or has a good game I'm a little sad that he's no longer a Cowboy ven though I fully realize it just wasn't working here anymore.

DALLAS D

Reaction score
Boysboy;2278561 said:

He dissed the star, nobody disses the boys. Turned into a drama queen talking about he was disrespected and embarassed. :banghead:

CoCo

Reaction score
And on a related note I will say that Barber's play this year is exceeding my expectations.

To me he is showing more quickness, burst and elusiveness than I thought he had. His power will always be his best trait, but I am surprised that he is showing himself to be more than a 1-trick pony.

The only complaints about our running game are that there simply aren't enough touches available for Marion, Felix & even Tashard.

What an offense!

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
yall kill me actin like this guy never could run. I both backs get twent carries against any team jones will put up more yards. julius just wasnt effective with 10 to 12 carries. Barber better for a split system, Julius is better as a one guy getting numerous carries. Yes he will have more yards if he keeps getting the carries.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
thechosen1n2;2279367 said:
yall kill me actin like this guy never could run. I both backs get twent carries against any team jones will put up more yards. julius just wasnt effective with 10 to 12 carries. Barber better for a split system, Julius is better as a one guy getting numerous carries. Yes he will have more yards if he keeps getting the carries.

Ok, care to explain why Barber had more yards yesterday against a VASTLY superior team? Julius isn't half the RB Barber is. It was painfully obvious during his tenure here.