Will McCarthy be this seasons first coach to get canned?

LysleE

Reaction score
MM should have been gone after the Green Bay loss. Jerry retained JG for several mediocre years prior to cutting him loose, and MM has a better overall record; so I think MM stays. Moreover, who would fill the vacancy should MM be let go? What is there to gain cutting MM in the middle of the season? Ever since Chan Gailey, Jerry has been slow to pull the trigger on firing head coaches.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I say if he loses to the Giants , yes he is a gonner.
I say you’re wrong. If he gets canned during the season it won’t be until later when our season is pretty much over. Way too early for him to get the hook.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think it would have to take another very ugly game, where its just obvious the players are done. Thats what it took for Jerry to make the move from Wade. If I remember correctly it was right after the Packer game where defenders just stopped tackling guys.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I say you’re wrong. If he gets canned during the season it won’t be until later when our season is pretty much over. Way too early for him to get the hook.
I agree ........hell, who calls plays if you fire him

ShortRound

Reaction score
I think it will take more than one more loss, but things could spiral out of control if we lose this game.
We've got a few strong opponents coming up.

Praxit

Reaction score
no, but it wont be good. WIth Pitt, Rams and 49ers on deck.

Lose all, definite chance we see Zimm or Harris

vig454

Reaction score
I don't know , Jerry Jones can be very impulsive.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
The answer to the question is who would replace him? I don't think there is anyone sitting on a couch waiting for the phone to ring that is better than MM right now. Nor is anyone on the current staff.

He'll probably be the coach until the Cowboys season is over, regardless of the outcome.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't know , Jerry Jones can be very impulsive.
He’s never been that impulsive to fire a coach this early in the season. If anyone gets the hook it will be when our season is pretty much over. He’ll give McCarthy every chance to turn it around.