Will McCarthy stand up to Jerry?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Die--to be honest i am a bit impressed with Jerry choosing to listen rather then dominate
Yep he listened alright. He listened to the outcry from the fans and local media concerned it would effect his revenue. If not then he’d of stayed with Garrett.

conner01

Reaction score
It depends
MM knows how jerry is and he’s gonna let him do his thing
But on important stuff I think he will speak up
He obviously has only the power jerry gives him but I think jerry will in some situations
Jerry didn’t really mess with Bill other than TO

MojaveJT

Reaction score
From the presser it looks like all men have a great deal of respect for each other. I think they’ll all give their opinions on certain decisions and come to an agreement one way or another.

With Garrett, he was like the son and little brother to JJ and SJ. You listen to what he has to say but like any older sibling or father figure, you kind of brush it aside and do what you want.

I don’t see that kind of dynamic with the Jones’ and MM.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When McCarthy confronts Jerry Jones

giphy.gif

oh man a total laydown

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will he have to stand up to him? In that 12 hour interview, a lot of territory had to be covered and claimed. Booger didn't want a college coach or a coordinator that had to ramp up on being a NFL HC for a very good reason. He wanted a seasoned NFL HC with credibility and a plan.

I look upon the fact that he eschewed the college coach route and went after Big Mike as a good sign. I look upon the fact that he didn't force any of the coaches under contract on him and has allowed him to assemble his own staff and they've been moving pretty damned fast to get that done.

It took Booger awhile to arrive at the decision to make the change but when he did, he went all the way on it. For us to be skeptical after all of these years is only normal. However, I think that desire to be "football man" has been over ridden by his desire to have a winner and he can still take credit for buying the groceries.

I think Big Mike will "stand up" to Booger the same as any HC will stand up to his owner. They share a common goal and he hired a man with something to prove, no one hires a man driven by that to fight with him.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
dear fellow fanzone freaks---- after reading the post that players did not fear Garrett and why

it is now concerning me if in fact Mike McCarthy will have the backbone to stand up to Jerry...

i sincerely hope Jerry after this season will realize he must humble himself and not try to steal

shine from coaches and or players....but i am not holding my breath...so what is your honest

opinion of McCarthy's backbone in standing up to Jerry when applicable?

thank you all in advance

sincerely
GORICO
I disagree with 90% of these posts.
McCarthy is going to have a fine relationship with Jerry and there will be no bowing down on either end.

Jerry wants to win and Mike is who is going to get him there, he believes, hence why he hired him and is allowing him total autonomy in his coaching search.
Also why they are going to have "WE" decisions.

Things go sideways... then all bets are off.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Will he have to stand up to him? In that 12 hour interview, a lot of territory had to be covered and claimed. Booger didn't want a college coach or a coordinator that had to ramp up on being a NFL HC for a very good reason. He wanted a seasoned NFL HC with credibility and a plan.

I look upon the fact that he eschewed the college coach route and went after Big Mike as a good sign. I look upon the fact that he didn't force any of the coaches under contract on him and has allowed him to assemble his own staff and they've been moving pretty damned fast to get that done.

It took Booger awhile to arrive at the decision to make the change but when he did, he went all the way on it. For us to be skeptical after all of these years is only normal. However, I think that desire to be "football man" has been over ridden by his desire to have a winner and he can still take credit for buying the groceries.

I think Big Mike will "stand up" to Booger the same as any HC will stand up to his owner. They share a common goal and he hired a man with something to prove, no one hires a man driven by that to fight with him.

I wonder if Jerry could have a "do-over"...if he would have softened his tone with Jimmy before it was too late?

cern

Reaction score
He’s been dug in since the Manziel thing that Stephens taking over even though Son still refers to Daddy on most serious matters when asked. Lol

He re emerges when there a better decision like this one with Mike that it must have Stephen not Jerry.
Balderdash. Stephen's new authority began when he kept dak the starter over tony. Then when he sent dez down the road. Major decisions. If you're going to disparage someone, do it with facts.

blueblood70

Reaction score
why as k why this is all premature is it not..what can we do about the hire now..its happened , accept it or close your eyes..its happened ,Zeke happened, Tank happened, Jaylon happened, these deals are being done and we either watch football or we dont..

way to much is being made of all these moves.. we are fans we watch football and hope our teams win..

BTW think about it this way, MM is the ONLY coach with true skins on his wall in the current pool that possibly could have came here that Jerry will trust enough to give him some room to work..until 3 years from now and its not where it was expected..

Theres not one college coach or unproven assistant nor a Lewis or Rivera that had chance to get as much trust and rein.. Mike was our best shot if that what we wanted..

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
why as k why this is all premature is it not..what can we do about the hire now..its happened , accept it or close your eyes..its happened ,Zeke happened, Tank happened, Jaylon happened, these deals are being done and we either watch football or we dont..

way to much is being made of all these moves.. we are fans we watch football and hope our teams win..
People attach a lot of emotion and pride to things they cannot control.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I disagree with 90% of these posts.
McCarthy is going to have a fine relationship with Jerry and there will be no bowing down on either end.

Jerry wants to win and Mike is who is going to get him there, he believes, hence why he hired him and is allowing him total autonomy in his coaching search.
Also why they are going to have "WE" decisions.

Things go sideways... then all bets are off.

Corso--i am also impressed with the assistants McCarthy has brought in....a lot of experience....

stiletto

Reaction score
Maybe Jerry is actually interested in what McCarthy has to say?? Seems like he is smitten with Mike. Now how long will that last? Who the heck knows.....?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

blue--- i get your viewpoint...but i believe its natural for fans who really follow their teams to speculate what is good and maybe not so good with the team...thats why we have fanzone

blueblood70

Reaction score
People attach a lot of emotion and pride to things they cannot control.
True I do think about it this way,

MM is the ONLY coach with true skins on his wall in the current pool that possibly could have came here that Jerry will trust enough to give him some room to work..until 3 years from now and its not where it was expected..

Theres not one college coach or unproven assistant nor a Lewis or Rivera that had chance to get as much trust and rein.. Mike was our best shot if that what we wanted..

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe Jerry is actually interested in what McCarthy has to say?? Seems like he is smitten with Mike. Now how long will that last? Who the heck knows.....?

stiletto--ya i noticed that..they both cried at public announcement....something really clicked for both of them...and its good until its not ..i think McCarthy will be quicker to communicate his thoughts with Jerry than

Jason did