FEATURED Will McClay breaks down the draft class

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will McClay is just another example of a horribly ran organization.

He’s paid to reinforce Jerry’s decisions. It’s a good gig if you can get it, but as a fan he’s a horrible guy to have around.
McClay is highly likely one of the few reasons for Jones' smart decisions. Yeah. The organization is run horribly when qualified people do not actually run football operations.

That is not McClay's fault as the employee. Some fans, like yourself, want to burn the whole thing down to ash. That is your rightful viewpoint. In the real world, Jerral 'The Idiot' Wayne Jones is not burning down his own house and make himself a charcoal briquette in the process.

I have choices as a fan in the real world, where Jerry Jones is not pushing up daisies and his children aren't either:
  1. I can choose another team not tainted by Arkansas hillbilly DNA
  2. I can quit following the NFL altogether
  3. I can organize more effective, large-scale, and not yet tried protests at AT&T stadium and HOPE he bends toward removing himself as GM from the equation
  4. I can HOPE qualified front office personnel, an eventual head coach (and coaches) plus players can all create the best mix of competitive NFL level football in the postseason so Jones can finally crow he found another squirrel nut
Me? I'm sticking with what's behind door #4 since Let's Make A Deal Jones remains too inflexible to do the right thing and make the one real change to find greater success on the field--namely exorcising his family out of the football operations. Meanwhile, I will keep trying to get close enough and douse Jones with a bucket of holy water.

I'll hit DNA Kid #1 with a bushel of garlic. Dang it. Something will do the job.

/rant

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
The most interesting assessment is the Liafua assessment. It’s widely known they have a need at LB and there were multiple options available when they picked. With multiple options, they could’ve potentially done what they did in round 1 and move back. But what he’s saying here they wanted Liafau so risking him to move back wasn’t an option.
It’s funny that they are okay risking losing their choice in the first round (Guyton this year or Parsons a couple years ago) by trading down but they are never willing to risk losing these late third round picks that are pet cats of the defensive coordinator.

JustChip

Reaction score
It’s funny that they are okay risking losing their choice in the first round (Guyton this year or Parsons a couple years ago) by trading down but they are never willing to risk losing these late third round picks that are pet cats of the defensive coordinator.
I don’t see it that way. You provide your people what they need to do the job and then let them do it. And hold them accountable if they don’t. That’s true of any organization. Parcells said it perfectly; if he’s going to be responsible for cooking the meal, let him be responsible for buying the groceries.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Even McClay has picked up the habit of calling a position group a “room.” I’ll bet that came from Hard Knocks because they show the position meeting rooms so much on that show but when someone says they have a good room, I wonder if they mean the paint color? The lighting? The furniture?

sacase

Reaction score
McClay is highly likely one of the few reasons for Jones' smart decisions. Yeah. The organization is run horribly when qualified people do not actually run football operations.

That is not McClay's fault as the employee. Some fans, like yourself, want to burn the whole thing down to ash. That is your rightful viewpoint. In the real world, Jerral 'The Idiot' Wayne Jones is not burning down his own house and make himself a charcoal briquette in the process.

I have choices as a fan in the real world, where Jerry Jones is not pushing up daisies and his children aren't either:
  1. I can choose another team not tainted by Arkansas hillbilly DNA
  2. I can quit following the NFL altogether
  3. I can organize more effective, large-scale, and not yet tried protests at AT&T stadium and HOPE he bends toward removing himself as GM from the equation
  4. I can HOPE qualified front office personnel, an eventual head coach (and coaches) plus players can all create the best mix of competitive NFL level football in the postseason so Jones can finally crow he found another squirrel nut
Me? I'm sticking with what's behind door #4 since Let's Make A Deal Jones remains too inflexible to do the right thing and make the one real change to find greater success on the field--namely exorcising his family out of the football operations. Meanwhile, I will keep trying to get close enough and douse Jones with a bucket of holy water.

I'll hit DNA Kid #1 with a bushel of garlic. Dang it. Something will do the job.

/rant
I don't know why people get hung up on Jerry Jones. Its been obvious for YEARS that Jones is happy to play the fool and take all the heat for the players coaches and staff. He always has the negative focus on him and not other people in the organization. Its what he does and he's happy to do it. He gives everyone top cover.

It is obvious that he doesn't get his way all the time. He actually listens to the experts and stamps their decisions. Again, this is something you want in a boss.

It is also obvious that Dallas is trying to clear cap space this year. They are trying to field a team good enough to keep butts in seats, while at the same time clearing as much cap space as they can for future signings. In essence this is a semi rebuild year, so much of the complaining and handwringing is useless. As soon as people realize this their life gets much better. I have zero expectations other than a curiosity of how a few players play. I don't think we get 10 wins, but if we do I'll be impressed.

Generally speaking the right people are making the decisions (not always right) in Dallas. There are two wildcards. Jerry likes to gamble with 2nd round picks. He loves to take a risk and a player that has high 1st round talent, but falls due to injury or character issues. That's his gambling side. The other wildcard is stephen Jones. I am NOT looking forward to his reign because he is all about the money. His cap management leaves a lot to be desired. Out of the two Jones's that who should be taking the heat.

Just let Jerry play the fool and realize that what he says means little.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know why people get hung up on Jerry Jones. Its been obvious for YEARS that Jones is happy to play the fool and take all the heat for the players coaches and staff. He always has the negative focus on him and not other people in the organization. Its what he does and he's happy to do it. He gives everyone top cover.

It is obvious that he doesn't get his way all the time. He actually listens to the experts and stamps their decisions. Again, this is something you want in a boss.

It is also obvious that Dallas is trying to clear cap space this year. They are trying to field a team good enough to keep butts in seats, while at the same time clearing as much cap space as they can for future signings. In essence this is a semi rebuild year, so much of the complaining and handwringing is useless. As soon as people realize this their life gets much better. I have zero expectations other than a curiosity of how a few players play. I don't think we get 10 wins, but if we do I'll be impressed.

Generally speaking the right people are making the decisions (not always right) in Dallas. There are two wildcards. Jerry likes to gamble with 2nd round picks. He loves to take a risk and a player that has high 1st round talent, but falls due to injury or character issues. That's his gambling side. The other wildcard is stephen Jones. I am NOT looking forward to his reign because he is all about the money. His cap management leaves a lot to be desired. Out of the two Jones's that who should be taking the heat.

Just let Jerry play the fool and realize that what he says means little.
Okay.

MikeT22

Reaction score

I’d like a knowledgeable GM. Yeah I get that Jerry doesn’t make all the decisions on his own, but it’s often who has the loudest voice or who gets in his ear last.

sacase

Reaction score
I’d like a knowledgeable GM. Yeah I get that Jerry doesn’t make all the decisions on his own, but it’s often who has the loudest voice or who gets in his ear last.
Will McClay is the GM, just doesn't have that exact title. People are way too hung up on the title.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If the three OL taken contribute in 24 and beyond plus the Edge 2nd round the rest is questions . Carson the DB has a real chance to make a dent in a position to that needs depth .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Needed help at LB will be interested to see if the pick out of Norte Dame ends up like Cox and Devin Harper