Recap: Will McClay Recap on 105.3 The Fan

CapnB

Reaction score
JG always said they want football players. Always said it. Now if you want to look at someone who needed a guy with certain traits to fit into a scheme. That would be Rod Marinelle. D-line was a huge example of that.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
In fairness to Garrett, though we all see the logic of players over scheme, what we see in the draft and free agency points to the fact that most of the NFL is still in the scheme mindset, how does a player fit what we want to do. Tom Landry, as great as he was, was a scheme guy. He felt he would always win the D’s and O’s.

DanA

Reaction score
The strangest thing to me is that I see a more coherent scheme approach in our current roster than ever. It seemed like we always ran the same scheme but were all over the place in terms of players' traits and they often didn't match the way we played.

BigD_95

Reaction score
In one part he said the previous regime also went with best player available. In another part he said the previous regime went with scheme over player. Which one is it?

I think its pretty simple to understand.

Certain guys do not make their list cause they do not fit the system - the players left that fit the system they take best player available.