Will Nolan and McCarthy want to re-up Jeff Heath?

kskboys

Reaction score
Heath is and has always been a very good 3rd safety. No problem with him coming back as long as that’s the role.
Exactly. Love him in the nickel and on ST's and as a backup. Hate him as a starter.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
My bet is that with no loyalty to the current players, MM will see Heath for what he is. A middling safety that is more suited for backup and special teams. It will be one of his priorities to upgrade the position.

Heath on the other hand will probably looking for a payday of some sort as it will probably be his last opportunity.

He's not getting a big payday anywhere. He got a 4 year 7.5 mill deal out of is when he was an RFA and grew into a team leader as ST captain. He's not great in coverage but teams need role players like him

I'd try to get him back on a 2 year, 4.5 mill deal or something comparable.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
He is an underrated player. Although competition is always good. Draft the best DL, Safety, TE with the first 3 picks.

I need 6

Reaction score
This guy is another mascot. I see a common denominator in Sean Lean, Jason Witten, and Jeff Heath. They are all progress stoppers. If we are going to watch individuals make mistakes I would rather it be a young guy with upside that just needs in game experience. One of the problems with the prior coaching staff on both sides of the ball is that they didn't trust young guys yet they foolishly and continuously watched these washed up scrubs miss tackles, take poor angles and drop footballs in 82's case. No other team in the league would allow these scrubs to start. Hell they wouldn't be on anyone else's roster.

Let these scrubs test the free agent market. I don't even want them as coaches. They are Garrett's boys. I know they remind some of you of your brothers or your cousins or the good guy next door but this is football not the Boy Scouts. Sure I'd want them to be Boy Scout troop leaders but that's about it. Let these scrubs go please. I am sick and tired of people making excuses and giving these scrubs shine as if they should legitimately should be playing. Cut it out.

If any of these guys are playing significant minutes or are even on the roster, then I know the results will be the same disappointments we've experienced.

I need 6

Reaction score
Interesting. I would never insult my friends as you just did. Heath has a nose for whiffing on tackles. IF opposing QB's point out Heath, its to attack the horrid safety.

And to the contrary, Dallas has avoided drafting players for years to supplant Heath. He has freely skated with the starting position with virtually no quality competition whatsoever.

Not drafting someone to replace Heath has largely been the #1 personnel issue for fans for years now.

This scrub gets credit for being our best ST players and that's a joke also. Kevon Frazier has been our best ST player and our coverage teams suffered significantly when he got hurt. I am so tired of this scrub and the fans they think that he is a legitimate roster player. I know the real reason why he always gets all these passes on his poor play while other players get crucified.

I need 6

Reaction score
This scrub gets credit for being our best ST players and that's a joke also. Kevon Frazier has been our best ST player and our coverage teams suffered significantly when he got hurt. I am so tired of this scrub and the fans they think that he is a legitimate roster player. I know the real reason why he always gets all these passes on his poor play while other players get crucified.
He's Rudy. Go watch the movie if being a try hard guy is enough for you. I want Donovan Wilson to get an opportunity even if we draft another safety. Let the young guy with real football ability get his feet wet.

Mr_437

Reaction score
IMO this team needs 2 new starting Safeties. I'd like to see either Frazier or Heath back to help Bones, and they'll be cheap.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I like Heath as utility player who can play S, ST etc... He has a place imo, but not as a starter. I think he might be brought back he’s a hard worker and probably a guy who studies a lot of football, and we know coaches love those kinda guys. Think Right Kinda Guy :cool:

Praxit

Reaction score
...Mike has probably seen his share of very good safety's. Dont know if Heath falls in his category. Remember, Mike is not Garrett. This guy wants to win. ..:)..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@CowboyRoy I am surprised, I thought you broke down game film. SMH
Donovan Wilson
Kavon Frazier
Chris Westry
Darian Thompson
George Iloka
https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16473/jeff-heath

Heath's stats are solid and he will fill a valuable role. Expect him to shine even brighter in the new system.

@xwalker What do you think? Should Heath be brought back?

We saw that it can get much worse than Heath this season when he was out...much much worse.

Clueless fans love to hate Jeff Heath

Obviously an SS like Adams from the Jets would be an upgrade; although he is not an INT guy.

If they upgrade at SS, Heath might be better at FS than Woods.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
@CowboyRoy I am surprised, I thought you broke down game film. SMH
Donovan Wilson
Kavon Frazier
Chris Westry
Darian Thompson
George Iloka
https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16473/jeff-heath

Heath's stats are solid and he will fill a valuable role. Expect him to shine even brighter in the new system.

This shows that we not only need a starter, but we need depth. Frazier and Thompson are gone, so we've got Woods, Wilson and Westry (not sure he isn't a corner).

We could bring back Frazier or Thompson (or both) because they are cheaper, but Heath is better depth.

Next year's safeties: Woods, Wilson, ?, ?, ?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He's not getting a big payday anywhere. He got a 4 year 7.5 mill deal out of is when he was an RFA and grew into a team leader as ST captain. He's not great in coverage but teams need role players like him

I'd try to get him back on a 2 year, 4.5 mill deal or something comparable.

As long as he is no longer starting, I would love the guy.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Will they be satisfied with the play of the great Jeff Heath like some on here have been? Or will he demand they upgrade? Thoughts?

Uhhhh......Jeff Heath will make about $8million next year. Cowboys can’t afford him and many other good players.
(Remember, they can’t wait to pay their terrible qb and watch their team crumble)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Anyone that touts sub standard scrubs like Heath and Garrett are either desperate homers or they have woefully low standards.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He should be retained for the right price. Could be very cheap and could be a guy that come in and start in case of a injury. It all depends on the price.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Uhhhh......Jeff Heath will make about $8million next year. Cowboys can’t afford him and many other good players.
(Remember, they can’t wait to pay their terrible qb and watch their team crumble)
When has this team "crumbled" with Dak?

And Jeff Heath is a free agent so where are you getting this 8 million from?

Oneiros

Reaction score
If we bring him back I'm hoping that it's not as a starter but rather as ST ace. I could see him thriving in this type of role.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
When has this team "crumbled" with Dak?

And Jeff Heath is a free agent so where are you getting this 8 million from?

As soon as the overpay him they will begin crumbling. Dak has done nothing but exceed a $600k player. He wants the pressure of a $30million dollar player and fans need to start expecting results of a $30million player