Will Nolan and McCarthy want to re-up Jeff Heath?

Chrisdd

Reaction score
Heath is a solid safety. Sure they could upgrade, they could do that for the whole secondary by the way, but they could also do a lot worse back there.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Will they be satisfied with the play of the great Jeff Heath like some on here have been? Or will he demand they upgrade? Thoughts?
I wouldnt count on any big changes until they evaluate these players.

SSoup

Reaction score
I'd like if the new regime was willing to abandon Heath so they have no choice but to find and play someone new. Throw their hats over the wall so they have no choice but to figure out a way to climb it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will they be satisfied with the play of the great Jeff Heath like some on here have been? Or will he demand they upgrade? Thoughts?
They could do both - sign Heath and upgrade. Just because an upgrade would help doesn’t mean Heath isn’t good enough to be on the team at all. It just depends on what Heath would sign for.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They could do both - sign Heath and upgrade. Just because an upgrade would help doesn’t mean Heath isn’t good enough to be on the team at all. It just depends on what Heath would sign for.

Agreed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I sure hope not. Heath is the epitome of the old guard.

Yah, that is my thinking. Needs to be replaced in the starting lineup. I could deal with him as the backup, but resigning him is a little too close to home for me.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Keeper........his toughness, leadership, and respect from his teammate make him the exact kind a of players they want on this team. My guess, they will try and coach him up before replacing him.

Leadership? Can you say anyone on that D shows leadership? Bunch of underachieving knuckleheads in my opinion.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yah, that is my thinking. Needs to be replaced in the starting lineup. I could deal with him as the backup, but resigning him is a little too close to home for me.

I agree about him as a backup. ST guy. Maybe the 4th S. I want him nowhere near the starting lineup. Contract has to be dirt cheap too. For years that guy has been a few feet or seconds away from where he should be on the field. He is one of the worst starters in the league.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
that may not matter as much as what Steven and Will want

ultron

Reaction score
I've never been sold on Heath but this defense was not as good without him on the field this season, so idk.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

I think he’s gone.

hes UFA and hitting 29.

Hard to turn down FA cash when you are near the end of your career.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We are winning or losing games because of Heath

Hes a decent backup Safety, nothing more

he saved the win vs Raiders a few seasons back.

he made that huge hit on Carr at the goal line...

he could hit hard.

probably why his shoulder is jacked .

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
So if all he needs to do is give the results of a 30 million dollar player than all he has to do is play as good(or bad) as Wentz and Goff lol. He can do that surely.

yea, if he can get a team like the eagles team this year (that he lost too) remember, the team that had nobody, to the playoffs then great. Or if he can get a team to a super bowl like Goff did, then sure, pay him. But he can’t. He won’t. And he sucks

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Leadership? Can you say anyone on that D shows leadership? Bunch of underachieving knuckleheads in my opinion.

I was referencing Heath......it's true he may not have the talent we'd like to see but he's a tough blue-collar guy that's well respected by his teammates.