Will Sunday be like a home game?

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
I know the Jags are the home team but will not there be a lot more Cowboy fans in the stadium?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I would think so. The Cowboys are the biggest team in American sports. Typically people are going to root for the team they know about or have at least heard of.

Proximo

Reaction score
I can't validate this myself- but I've heard more than once that the Cowboys have quite the following over there. I imagine we'll have the majority of the support in the stadium on game day.

dogberry

Reaction score
What's the split on the gate?

Does the NFL pay the teams extra to go over?

Are the players compensated for missing their day off?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think so. Though I've heard the league has been spoon feeding Jags info to the London home crowd the last few seasons...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I think the Englitch will turn out in great number for the 'boys.
They want to think of theyselves as Western fans and like the cowboys mistique.

They just half to learn to like nachos with jalapenos, burgers, expansive pizzas and expansive beer.
Boy they will half a good time.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
As a fan of 22 years that resides in Europe I can tell you for a fact that even though most people weren't fans for the glory years the Cowboy hate is so strong it could power a Prius. You are going to have a lot of neutrals at that game and they will not be cheering the Cowboys. Personally I am going to the game with 12 people, four of them are Cowboys fans the rest will be hoping they lose. But if the game is crap everything will be booed.

lqmac1

Reaction score
it's equivalent to a Manchester United v Burnley FC(worst in premiere league) game in the states. A lot of people are going to root for Manchester just because they are the known team. A lot of British fans know about the Cowboys.

Yankees, Lakers & Cowboys are international brands. They are recognized almost anywhere in the world.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I can't imagine there are many Jaguars fans in London and pretty sure their small fanbase in Jacksonville will be making the trip across the pond.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No, Wembley Stadium won't be like a home game for either team. It's a neutral site, any way you slice it.
As I understand it, the turf is likely to be a muddy mess that'll have both teams slipping and sliding. That's certainly not likely to resemble a home game in and of itself. Not at AT&T, anyhow.

Refugee1

Reaction score
I will be at the game, die hard UK Cowboys fan

Saturday the Cowboys are doing the walkthrough at Wembley and it is open to the public. 2,500 tickets, all sold out, demand for many more

thousands are going to be at the fan rally with Irvin, Emmit smith outside the stadium during the day

We will be doing our best to make Sunday as much like a home game as possible

(Despite all the attempts to shoe-horn the Jags down the UK public's throat it hasn't really worked. Everyone over here supports a team, its been live on UK TV since 1985! )

There is a big Cowboys UK following, and overall the crowd will be more knowledgeable than you would expect

A few years ago the majority of the 83,000 there would be clueless. Nowadays a far smaller percentage

Refugee1

Reaction score
No, Wembley Stadium won't be like a home game for either team. It's a neutral site, any way you slice it.
As I understand it, the turf is likely to be a muddy mess that'll have both teams slipping and sliding. That's certainly not likely to resemble a home game in and of itself. Not at AT&T, anyhow.

the turf is definitely an issue

even if it is dry before sunday it is soft and likely to cut up/be slippy

i worry about the pass rush and romo's ability to escape it/the damage it may do on this field

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
I don't think it will be either.

Whilst there will be a lot of Cowboys fans there, the fans of other teams will not support us,

Added to that Jacksonville aren't very good so other teams fans won't have reason to want them to lose as they are not a threat

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It's going to be another dull, uninteresting game with fans who are largely indifferent to both teams. Neither team is going to be fired up, and neither will the fans.