Will Tampa go 17-0?

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Bucs were 1-5 vs teams .500 or better last season.

If you add their playoff run, they went 4-5 vs teams .500 or better.

That team is not going undefeated.

mrmojo

Reaction score
They won one SB......they are not one of the greatest teams of all time.....so No....

plasticman

Reaction score
The Bucs are not a dynasty, they didn't even win their division last season. They peaked at the right time with the right QB and a combination of favorable events occurred while playing at an elevated level. That doesn't guarantee that they will just continue that momentum.

In fact, this was only the Buc's second winning season in the past ten years. There are too many variables, too many things that could go wrong to have any kind of expectation that the Bucs are going to enter an elite stage of their franchise's history.

Part of the reason they were even successful in 2020 was the players they were able to draft by being unsuccessful. In their previous 6 drafts they have averaged a 10th overall pick.

Devin White, 5th overall pick

Vita Vea, 12th overall pick

Mike Evans, 7th overall pick.

Now the stage lights are directly in their faces, every team is going to give them their best effort and they are far from a complete, dominant team. Their main components on the defensive line are in their 30's, this team may have already peaked.

The Tamp Bay Bucs are not going undefeated.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I look at their team and they are better than us in EVERY way. I would even go as far as to say they have better pass catchers that we do, which is our biggest strength.

Its the only thing left for Brady to do. I would never doubt him.

Best part about football is we can still win on Thursday. As unlikely as that might be.
Always going out on a limb, Lester.

Jipper

Reaction score
You have to be careful some of these guys aren’t even fans to begin with.

I hear ya but it’s nauseating to see the sheer volume of jock strap licking going on for Tampa bay

has there never been a Super Bowl hangover? Have the cowboys never beaten a Super Bowl champ before? (We have and we have done it on an opening game too)….

Cut the defeatist crap…we are the underdogs but we’re in the game…Brady isn’t the same from 10 years ago and we’re not the same defense from last year.

rambo2

Reaction score
I look at their team and they are better than us in EVERY way. I would even go as far as to say they have better pass catchers that we do, which is our biggest strength.

Best part about football is we can still win on Thursday. As unlikely as that might be.
Lamb and Parsons are better than any player that they have. Only an idiot would think that the Bucs would win 17 games. They might win 9.

Jipper

Reaction score
They will lose quite a few games.

Honestly I think Brady hits a wall early and they struggle big time....a good defense will carry them but they will struggle offensively

Loso86

Reaction score

No and it wasn't until week 12 that they actually looked good last year. Honestly I'm shocked they won it all

Praxit

Reaction score
..nobody goes undefeated anymore. lol.. To many teams are well balanced.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Brady has already had an undefeated regular season. Sure, it was 16 games back then and not 17. Unless you mean 17-0 and then win it all.

But no, they won't. It's tough to win all your games in the NFL, no matter how good you are. Ask KC.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Patriots had some good wins that year. No need to disrespect Bill to prop up Brady.

Belichick is 61-73 without Brady.

1 playoff win in 8 seasons.

It will be interesting to see how the Patriots do this year after spending an NFL record $159.6 million in guaranteed money for free agents in the offseason. Bill obviously wants to prove he can win without Brady. Time will tell.

RonWashington

Reaction score
18-0 before the Super Bowl loss to the Giants.

Brady tore his ACL the first game of the following season and they couldn’t even make the playoffs without him.

If I’m not mistaken like the Lions I think the Bucs went o for the season early on in the 70’s. No way this team or any team anymore goes undefeated , the Shula Dolphins accomplishment should last forever particularly since the season of 17 games is too many ,

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Belichick is 61-73 without Brady.

1 playoff win in 8 seasons.

It will be interesting to see how the Patriots do this year after spending an NFL record $159.6 million in guaranteed money for free agents in the offseason. Bill obviously wants to prove he can win without Brady. Time will tell.
So you’re using his record with the Browns in order to prove he can’t win in this league without Brady lol? He also took that crappy Browns team to the playoffs.

I get it. Discredit Bill to make Brady’s legacy look better than it is. But the fact is, if it wasn’t for Bill we may have never even seen Brady play. Most coaches would’ve stuck with Bledsoe.

stinkface

Reaction score
They are on paper the most complete team out there. However the season is long and Brady is old. No way they go undefeated. I do think they will take care of us this Thursday so they will start 1 and 0.