Will Terry Glenn Be Placed On IR To Make Room for Tank?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc;1746974 said:
Hoyte to IR is not crazy. He's got a neck injury that isn't getting any better. He's missed 6 games. If he can't get back soon he's going to have to shut it down.
He practiced at full pace last week. I was somewhat surprised to see him inactive. You'd think if it wouldn't heal in time this season, they would have already put him on IR, though.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
abersonc;1746974 said:
Hoyte to IR is not crazy. He's got a neck injury that isn't getting any better. He's missed 6 games. If he can't get back soon he's going to have to shut it down.

He is already practicing with the team and as I noted it screws up the weighted numbers. If they cut Hoyte, they would need to get another FB to replace him with.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;1747034 said:
He practiced at full pace last week. I was somewhat surprised to see him inactive. You'd think if it wouldn't heal in time this season, they would have already put him on IR, though.

I agree too, though Wade had already said that Anderson would start because Hoyte was still not 100%, but he was well enough to play. He said once Hoyte is back to 100%, he would become the starter.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
nyc;1747038 said:
He is already practicing with the team and as I noted it screws up the weighted numbers. If they cut Hoyte, they would need to get another FB to replace him with.

And why wouldn't they have needed to do that when he was not practicing?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc;1747044 said:
Because he was on the roster and they expected him to come back?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
abersonc;1747044 said:

Why didn't they just cut Terry Glenn?

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Courtney Brown would seem like a logical choice.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
theogt;1747047 said:
Because he was on the roster and they expected him to come back?

But where does the #s argument come in then.

We need 3 TEs and 2 FBs. Except when we don't?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc;1747149 said:

Except when one of them is injured and will be coming back shortly?

conner01

Reaction score
i think remmy is the logical choice.we won't cut a db. glenn seems to be coming along ok and should be back soon. remmy won't see the field with tank here so it would seem he would be the odd man out, especially since he brings nothing on st's

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I agree with absersonc on Oglesby.

Frankly, I'm surprised he hasn't played some, especially with all our DB injuries. But when Nate is active and you aren't, that kind of tells you what the team thinks of you.

And I thought Spagnola said that Courtney Brown was pretty much healed, so he could play in a real DB emergency.

Also, what about Berger? I think he's inactive pretty much every week. He or Procter could go.

That's all if Remi isn't the one, which he very well may be. But IMO Wade seems to like him.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
abersonc;1747149 said:

There is a reason for the number. Thats why you have at least two instead of just 1 fullback at all times. They didn't cut him because they expect him back. If he wasn't coming back, he would have went to IR and they would have signed another fullback. They still have two!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1747211 said:
I agree with absersonc on Oglesby.

Frankly, I'm surprised he hasn't played some, especially with all our DB injuries. But when Nate is active and you aren't, that kind of tells you what the team thinks of you.

And I thought Spagnola said that Courtney Brown was pretty much healed, so he could play in a real DB emergency.

Also, what about Berger? I think he's inactive pretty much every week. He or Procter could go.

That's all if Remi isn't the one, which he very well may be. But IMO Wade seems to like him.

I don't see Procter going since he's actually been active. I guess he plays a bit on ST too.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc;1747217 said:
So nearly 2 months is shortly?
I'm sure they didn't expect him to miss 6 games, but you don't cut a starter because you need depth. That doesn't make much sense.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
nyc;1747214 said:
There is a reason for the number. Thats why you have at least two instead of just 1 fullback at all times. They didn't cut him because they expect him back. If he wasn't coming back, he would have went to IR and they would have signed another fullback. They still have two!

But your #s don't make any sense if the 2nd FB can't play for an extended period of time.

But back to my original point -- Wade indicated that Hoyte won't play until he is 100% -- he's having one hell of time getting back to 100% -- and if he doesn't do so soon, he'll be on IR.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
theogt;1747220 said:
I'm sure they didn't expect him to miss 6 games, but you don't cut a starter because you need depth. That doesn't make much sense.

We obviously wouldn't have cut him - I noted he would go to IR. Not that crazy considering this is a neck injury

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc;1747222 said:
But your #s don't make any sense if the 2nd FB can't play for an extended period of time.

But back to my original point -- Wade indicated that Hoyte won't play until he is 100% -- he's having one hell of time getting back to 100% -- and if he doesn't do so soon, he'll be on IR.
He's closer right now to being at 100% than he was way back when when they made the decision NOT to put him on IR. So, now they're going to suddenly think it's a good idea to put him on IR?