Will Terry Glenn Be Placed On IR To Make Room for Tank?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
theogt;1747227 said:
He's closer right now to being at 100% than he was way back when when they made the decision NOT to put him on IR. So, now they're going to suddenly think it's a good idea to put him on IR?

Him giving it a shot during the week but then being termed "not 100%" suggests to me that he isn't getting back on the field this year. This is exactly the sort of injury pattern with a neck or back that puts guys out for a year. Seems minor but lingers, tries to go but something is missing (hence the not 100%)....

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
abersonc;1747222 said:
But your #s don't make any sense if the 2nd FB can't play for an extended period of time.

So, imagine It's 1992 and you have Emmitt Smith and he gets injured and would be out 6-8 weeks. Do you just cut his *** and sign another running back or do you wait till he recovers? Hoyte is on the team because he is the best fullback avaliable. You don't cut someone JUST because they are injured. You measure what you have vs what is avaliable. If waiting for Hoyte to return is better than signing some scrub and leaving Hoyte exposed for another team to take. Then you hold his roster spot till he has recovered.

:bang2:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
nyc;1747285 said:
So, imagine It's 1992 and you have Emmitt Smith and he gets injured and would be out 6-8 weeks. Do you just cut his *** and sign another running back or do you wait till he recovers? Hoyte is on the team because he is the best fullback avaliable. You don't cut someone JUST because they are injured. You measure what you have vs what is avaliable. If waiting for Hoyte to return is better than signing some scrub and leaving Hoyte exposed for another team to take. Then you hold his roster spot till he has recovered.

:bang2:

Yeah, Oliver Hoyte = Emmitt Smith.

You measure how long someone is going to be out against their worth and your need at other positions. Also, you seem to not understand the IR list. That isn't being 'cut' nor are you exposing the player to waivers.

You must have given yourself brain damage from pounding your head against the wall.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
abersonc;1747312 said:
Yeah, Oliver Hoyte = Emmitt Smith.
I only used Emmitt to help you understand why.
abersonc;1747312 said:
You measure how long someone is going to be out against their worth and your need at other positions. Also, you seem to not understand the IR list. That isn't being 'cut' nor are you exposing the player to waivers.
You don't understand that it cost money to have someone on the IR and it isn't fair to Hoyte to lock him up on IR if he can play.
abersonc;1747312 said:
You must have given yourself brain damage from pounding your head against the wall.

Someone here has brain damage! :laugh2:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
nyc;1747353 said:
I only used Emmitt to help you understand why.
You don't understand that it cost money to have someone on the IR and it isn't fair to Hoyte to lock him up on IR if he can play.

So Hoyte can play?

What's he been doing for the past two months then?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc;1747380 said:
So Hoyte can play?

What's he been doing for the past two months then?
He's been cleared by the trainers. They're being very cautious given the injury.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
theogt;1747382 said:
He's been cleared by the trainers. They're being very cautious given the injury.

and again as I've noted, this is exactly the pattern that you see for someone who gets shut down for the year.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
abersonc;1747422 said:
and again as I've noted, this is exactly the pattern that you see for someone who gets shut down for the year.

abersonc,

Usually I like reading your post, but you have officially hit annoying in this thread. It's like the whole Bart Simpson and the electrified Twinky with you and this subject matter. The obviousness of it just isn't enough.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Well, I can tell you that no one could have predicted this outcome.

If they don't think Hoyte can play, they better start looking for a fullback.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;1747469 said:
Well, I can tell you that no one could have predicted this outcome.

If they don't think Hoyte can play, they better start looking for a fullback.

Well, abersonc was right about it being a fullback. Damn, that suck for Anderson.

I hope he is ready as Anderson was playing well on ST.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
nyc;1747433 said:
abersonc,

Usually I like reading your post, but you have officially hit annoying in this thread. It's like the whole Bart Simpson and the electrified Twinky with you and this subject matter. The obviousness of it just isn't enough.

You do get annoyed when you are wrong, huh?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
nyc;1747504 said:
I'm not sure if I do or not. I have yet to be wrong. ;)

I'll point out to you how you are wrong. 3 TE, 2 FB.

Now we only have 1 FB with Deon on IR. By your reasoning we should be signing another FB now.

So where is he?

FCBarca

Reaction score
TwentyOne;1746892 said:
TG had 2 options. Have microstructure surgery an miss the whole season or have just a minimal invasive surgery and miss only a couple of weeks but risk his career because that could dmg his knee long time.

do you really think TG opted for the minimal invasive possibility and risk his health because he wanted to play this season just to watch him go on IR and miss the whole season? no way he will go on IR alive and the cowboys won't do it neither. as some of the games we played have shown we need a deep threat really bad.

I for one, said weeks ago the smart move for Terry was to have the microfracture surgery and the rumours now are that Terry has suffered additional setbacks with a potential for him never seeing the light of the field this season...I say he hits IR...Shame really, he'd be a huge bonus if healthy as evidenced by how little Crayton was involved last night.