Will The Giants Be Flat Tonight?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The possibility exists. Think about it. They have already wrapped up the NFC East. The only thing they are really playing for is Home Field Advantage and next week's game against the Carolina Panthers does more to help them achieve that than a win tonight would.

Jacobs is out. Hixon might be. Plaxico is gone.

They might play this game with the goal of not sustaining more injuries and getting ready for next week when they could wrap up HFA if they Beat the Panthers.

Now, I'm not saying they will tank the game by any wild stretch. I am saying they might not be 100% focused. A loss does not hurt them at all. A win doesn't help them at all because if they lose to Carolina and then close with a loss if they rest their starters then they won't have HFA anyway.

Getting through this game without mounting injuries might be a more important goal to them at this point.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I doubt it because they are still playing the Cowboys. I worry more about us coming out flat.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2488569 said:
I doubt it because they are still playing the Cowboys. I worry more about us coming out flat.
Not a chance of that after this week.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Giants coming off a loss.....will they be flat? I don't think so. They love beating the Cowboys esp. in Texas Stadium.

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
You are correct about next week's game against Carolina meaning more for their homefield advantage aspirations. The Giants can lose to Dallas and Minnesota but still get homefield throughout if they beat Carolina.

But, this is a divisional game. And it is the Cowboys who they have admitted having a hatred for. I am not saying they will beat the Cowboys but you can bet they will give it everything they have.

And it appears Hixon will be playing. I don't know how healthy he is but he practiced Friday and said he is going to play.

goshan

Reaction score
Yes I think they will.
That is why I am predicting that we win handily.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Sadly no. They're not going to be cause it's the Cowboys and with all the crap being reported, rather much of it happened or not, they're going to smell blood in the water.

The Giants will be ready to try and drive a final nail in the Cowboys season.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Not only will the giants be flat all night, but the Broncos will upset the Panthers. Take that to the bank.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Hos you know were in desperation mode when were hoping the other team will be flat after a loss.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
My Take (and hope) is that The gints are expecting The Boys to come out flat because of all the turmoil this week and maybe they think it will be as easy as it was in our first game.Hopefully they didn't prepare as well as they should have.

Again, My hope.:crossed:

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2488574 said:
I hope not but I just have a bad feeling about tonight.

Same here. Last time i felt like this was before the last Giants game. I think the Giants can come out flat and the Cowboys will still get blown out. Usually on game day i can muster up some positive emotions...but today, not yet. Can someone convince me that this team can actually win a big game after a nightmarish week?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2488566 said:
The possibility exists. Think about it. They have already wrapped up the NFC East. The only thing they are really playing for is Home Field Advantage and next week's game against the Carolina Panthers does more to help them achieve that than a win tonight would.

Jacobs is out. Hixon might be. Plaxico is gone.

They might play this game with the goal of not sustaining more injuries and getting ready for next week when they could wrap up HFA if they Beat the Panthers.

Now, I'm not saying they will tank the game by any wild stretch. I am saying they might not be 100% focused. A loss does not hurt them at all. A win doesn't help them at all because if they lose to Carolina and then close with a loss if they rest their starters then they won't have HFA anyway.

Getting through this game without mounting injuries might be a more important goal to them at this point.

I'm not so sure-this is Dec, the Giants have a coaching staff far superior to our's, and the last thing they want their team to do is to take off the gas pedal in this final sprint.

Hate to say it, but no way.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2488569 said:

I agree with Yeag, I hope we come out mad as hell and want to make a huge statement, but I am more worried about the residual effects of the way we lost last week plus all the media b/s during the week than I am the Giants not being fired up. They would probably like nothing more than to embarrass us at our place, on national TV and essentially end our season.

I also suspect the home crowd will turn on our guys really quick if we lay an egg tonight.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;2488663 said:
Same here. Last time i felt like this was before the last Giants game. I think the Giants can come out flat and the Cowboys will still get blown out. Usually on game day i can muster up some positive emotions...but today, not yet. Can someone convince me that this team can actually win a big game after a nightmarish week?

Even if we DO win tonight(and beat the Ravens subsequently for that matter), I don't know if my own personal opinions will change.

Really-winning may cover up everything, but it doesn't cure a darn thing. This divided locker room we have will cost us in the playoffs, especially when the game is on the line.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Boysboy;2488671 said:
Even if we DO win tonight(and beat the Ravens subsequently for that matter), I don't know if my own personal opinions will change.

Really-winning may cover up everything, but it doesn't cure a darn thing. This divided locker room we have will cost us in the playoffs, especially when the game is on the line.

You are crazy as hell, if this team gets on a roll nothing could be better for them as a team. One guy isnt going to bring them all down if they start winning here.

newlander

Reaction score
I'm with the nays. No way on earth they are flat: undermanned on offense so they might sputter a little, but the defense is still very good and they won't be "flat". I don't think they've EVER been flat against us. They hate us too much IMO.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I don't think they'll come out flat. Despite the reported chemistry issues in Dallas, the Cowboys are one team that I don't think the Giants want to face in the Playoffs. Our defense has played better as of late, and Romo is always capable of a good performance.

If I were in the Giants shoes, I would focus on putting a nail in the Cowboys playoff coffin.

Just my 2 cents.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
I get a feeling they're going to come out trying to punch us in the face as hard as they can just to see how much we wobble.

And if they succeed, this season just got over. :(