Will The Giants Be Flat Tonight?

cbartel81

Reaction score
There is no doubt that Dallas has a lot more to play for than the Giants. However, this game will still come down to them against us. We don't like them, they don't like us and it is a rivlary game. Also for the Giants, this is their chance to do their part in keeping us out of the playoffs. I have to believe that they do not want to have to play us again in the playoffs. So for the next 24 hours, you can throw the records out the window. the bottom line is this: If Dallas wants to be a champion they have to beat a champion. With everything going on, they've got to find a way to win this football game. Good, Bad, or Ugly.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
remember how they played the patriots last year? that game meant nothing. them keeping us out of the playoffs is enough of an incentive. if they win here we are out pretty much.

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2488566 said:
The possibility exists. Think about it. They have already wrapped up the NFC East. The only thing they are really playing for is Home Field Advantage and next week's game against the Carolina Panthers does more to help them achieve that than a win tonight would.

Jacobs is out. Hixon might be. Plaxico is gone.

They might play this game with the goal of not sustaining more injuries and getting ready for next week when they could wrap up HFA if they Beat the Panthers.

Now, I'm not saying they will tank the game by any wild stretch. I am saying they might not be 100% focused. A loss does not hurt them at all. A win doesn't help them at all because if they lose to Carolina and then close with a loss if they rest their starters then they won't have HFA anyway.

Getting through this game without mounting injuries might be a more important goal to them at this point.

nope..the giants are the better team playing for homefield,it will show tonight..

Ren

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2488569 said:
I doubt it because they are still playing the Cowboys. I worry more about us coming out flat.

:hammer:

they would like nothing more then to end our season tonight, going by this teams previous December big games there's a much bigger chance we come out flat

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I doubt they come out flat but I don't think they will play with the urgency we will.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2488569 said:
I doubt it because they are still playing the Cowboys. I worry more about us coming out flat.

Bingo. Unlike the weak-minded cowboys lead by Jerry/Wade (the dynamic duds at GM/coach), the giants have never played us flat. I don't recall them playing us flat even under Ray Handley. They HATE "america's team" and have coaches that will make sure they play that way.

OTOH we have no idea what to expect from the boys.

Decleater101

Reaction score
I don't know if they'll be flat BEFORE the game, but I predict they will be VERY flat AFTER the game!

:D

yimyammer

Reaction score
I think they'll be lose and care free. They have nothing to lose and a built in excuse.

If they win they can laugh in our faces how they beat the 13 pro bowl cowboys without their best RB & WR, if they lose they can say they lost without our best RB & WR

demirji22

Reaction score
unfortunately there arent any teams in the NFL that come out flat when they come to play the cowboys

Mansta54

Reaction score
Decleater101;2489899 said:
I don't know if they'll be flat BEFORE the game, but I predict they will be VERY flat AFTER the game!

:D

Yes sirz!! Now that's what I'm talkin bout...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
redskins1;2489367 said:
nope..the giants are the better team playing for homefield,it will show tonight..
Open your mouth and jinx your own team.

Karma kills the troll.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2488642 said:
Not only will the giants be flat all night, but the Broncos will upset the Panthers. Take that to the bank.

will do!!

wait a minute....just hold on a cotton picking second here.

what the hell?

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Will they come out flat? No, I don't think so....Remember week 17 of last year? We were wondering if the Giants would play the Patriots tough since they didn't NEED to win or anything. They came out and played tough in a meaningless game....they still want to win to lock up homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Nope.

Greg Hill on 105.3 The Fan was trying to make the case that the Giants would overlook the Cowboys.

The Giants are still trying to lockup homefield advantage and they also have a chance to takeout the Cowboys now as oppose to meeting them again the Playoffs.

The real question is will the Cowboys come out flat.