Will the Giants want to win vs Philly?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Tanking isn’t a real thing in the nfl. It’s too hard to get a team prepared for a game just to botch it. The closest is resting players on playoff teams, but even then the backups are gonna try and be superheroes.

giants will be ready

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
It's a serious question. I haven't heard it mentioned.

Will the Giants even WANT to beat the Eagles? Or do the Giants play for draft seeding?

If the Giants win. They could move down 3 to 4 slots in the draft.

The Giants were at the #2 draft slot before they beat the Commanders. They are now at #4.

If they beat the Eagles; the Giants draft slot could be anywhere from #6 to #8.

Thoughts?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they want to win but don't feel bad if they don't. They had a shot at Chase Young, the type player they could rebuild that D around and now it will take draft picks to move up, if they can.

I would like to see their fanbase polled because the one we have here is pretty mixed on that subject and they might have a HC on the bubble too.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Giant quarterback is improving and will want to go out in a way that excites fans far more than tanking the game to move up a notch in the draft.

Winning is something that has to be cultivated. Jones has thrown for 4 or more TD's in three of his last six games. Four times in the last seven games would really help to sell tickets in 2020. They want to win this game.

This is what I am thinking also. They have a rookie QB, and no way you send him out there to tank.
What a way to build his resume and "legend" (if that is what they want to call it at this point) than to knock a rival out of the playoffs, or chance at the playoffs, depending what Dallas does.
I think the Giants play hard to win.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
NY has nothing to gain, at that point there's nothing better than winning at home and putting a team out of the playoffs

MaaS

Reaction score

Will the Giants even WANT to beat the Eagles? Or do the Giants play for draft seeding?

The Giants were at the #2 draft slot before they beat the Commanders. They are now at #4.

Thoughts?

Lol.

Players don't care about where the team's draft pick.

And the Giants coaching staff? Their jobs aren't guaranteed at this point. They aren't going to throw the game.

Praxit

Reaction score
...NY will want to play the spoilers. Its a positive way to end the season. It will be the highlight of the season.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
...NY will want to play the spoilers. Its a positive way to end the season. It will be the highlight of the season.

Same way the Skins will want to play spoilers against us! I predict a Giants victory but i also predict a Skins victory. The Eagles back into the playoffs and we come up short at home with our last chance to get in. Perfect ending to a season for everyone...LOL

Praxit

Reaction score
Same way the Skins will want to play spoilers against us! I predict a Giants victory but i also predict a Skins victory. The Eagles back into the playoffs and we come up short at home with our last chance to get in. Perfect ending to a season for everyone...LOL
...both possible. I see Philly beating NY though. They will be up for the game. They have momentum going in. Right time, to stay hot.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Giants will play a spirited game. Barkley and Jones are going to want to go out on a high note. That will elevate the play of everyone else. The Eagles secondary is going to get torched in that game.

Praxit

Reaction score
LMAO. That big mouth Jenkins JUST jinxed the team as big mouth Pederson did prior to them playing the Cowboys in Texas. Such a tool. Both of them. GIANTS win. KARMA has proven she's not a fan of big mouths. :lmao:
...what did Jenkins say? ..

blueblood70

Reaction score

Thoughts?
no more then Washington, both teams could care less about results..most likely not even game panning they will be playing like preseason..maybe for some players to pad some stats earn some bonuss'

willia451

Reaction score
The NFCE will end the regular season with a combined 24-40 record. Only the Eagles have the potential to finish with a winning record. And they most likely won't get there. It would mean a lot to that Giants team to finish the season with 3 wins in a row for their new rookie QB. They'll be bringing it.

The skins will charge into Dallas looking to lay the wood. And wood they will have. Nobody on the Dallas roster wants to end the season with an injury and crater what little value they will have on the FA market in the off-season. So as soon as they can tap out they will. Dak not being ok gives them all the excuse they need.

That's the way I see it.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i wouldnt want to see my rival clinching anything but their tears after i beat'm.
no way in hell would i want them to win....let alone a division title....on my turf at my expense.