Will the Regular Season be meaningful for you?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Where are you guys at when it comes to caring about the regular season moving forward?

For me it’s just ruined. There is nothing we can really learn about this team that would give me any confidence headed into the playoffs.

If you want to get hyped by Dallas beating bad teams and brag about their stats then be my guest but unfortunately for the Cowboys they won’t get to play many bad playoff teams.

I think Jerry has to do something that will get fans at least interested in regular season football again and just a status quo off-season with no real acquisitions but rookies is not going to cut it.

He has to find a way to give fans hope and right now it looks like the plan is to do nothing and just line up and try the same thing.
2016 was the last time it meant something to me. Seeing that young QB owning the league got my hopes up. And even that play off loss wasn't so bad like the one this year, because I thought "man we're all set on QB, it will only to up from here". Then Dak showed his true face and from there it was just a ride along. I mean I tried to call the homers out several times this season, couldn't understand all those meaningless "12-5" posts.

With this offense reg season stats mean jack sh/t. I enjoy wins against the Eagles or Atlanta just like I enjoy peewee games. Whatever happens on the field... as long as they're having fun...

Just like Romo was a talented loser Dak is a loser, only without the talent. So until that Position is fixed we're gonna watch alot of peewee games. :cool:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nah, just different personal standards of success laid down by "truly" successful people that rubbed off on me.

Being Im in my 50s and a Bama kid the same type standards hold true. You had Bear Bryant establish a certain winning culture for the 60s-80s and now Saban that same standard to even higher heights.

Jimmy did a short tenured version of returning the Cowboys to their Landry level of standards.

Could the word entitled possibly be used, , probably so. Guilty as charged I guess but at the heart of it is wanting to see the Cowboys have the best assemblage of ALL the factors that go into a winning culture or standard. With that said my general viewing of this team could be characterized by a little negativity.

Comparatively speaking, I kinda bet UConn girls basketball fans have a certain level of expectation that's somewhat different from your average girls basketball fan.

Or maybe a Patriot fan expectation level after all the success of the Brady era.

And yeah I enjoy the games, but just more from an entertainment perspective nowadays.
I hear ya. And unfortunately I’d argue they are some of the worst fans . Just like here in Austin and in Norman.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Where are you guys at when it comes to caring about the regular season moving forward?

For me it’s just ruined. There is nothing we can really learn about this team that would give me any confidence headed into the playoffs.

If you want to get hyped by Dallas beating bad teams and brag about their stats then be my guest but unfortunately for the Cowboys they won’t get to play many bad playoff teams.

I think Jerry has to do something that will get fans at least interested in regular season football again and just a status quo off-season with no real acquisitions but rookies is not going to cut it.

He has to find a way to give fans hope and right now it looks like the plan is to do nothing and just line up and try the same thing.
I enjoy the regular season, and take one game at a time.