Will this be a Rinse and Repeat season

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Spent a number one pick on the most important position on any team i.e. the QB.
Like to tell me the last time the Cowboys did that? (hint in was in the 80's).
In addition with Andy Dalton at QB they did go to the playoffs 5 years in a row. Now I know they didn't win any playoff games but at least their Front Office showed some consistency and the ability to maintain a level of performance that the Cowboys haven't shown in the last 26 years.
So there's two thing that spring to mind.
Bahahhaah..... going to the playoffs 5 years in a row and getting bounced would still get this team crucified on this forum.

The bengals did not spend a number 1 pick LAST year on QB. When we have a number 1 pick in the draft again, and a stud QB is available, my guess is wed be taking one. Let me know when a Burrow or Justin Herbert is sitting around at pick 10 or later for us to take one.

So in a nutshell... the bengals did jack squat different than anyone else, except have the number 1 pick and hit gold with the QB. To do that, you need a very high pick and also a very obvious need at the QB position.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
But it's not just about last year but the last 26 years.
We haven't even been to the NFC Championship game in that timeframe when 12 other teams have been two or more times!
and those 12 teams you speak of... do me a favor and start popping off the names of their QBs. Im gonna guess almost all of them are HOF QBs.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Bahahhaah..... going to the playoffs 5 years in a row and getting bounced would still get this team crucified on this forum.

The bengals did not spend a number 1 pick LAST year on QB. When we have a number 1 pick in the draft again, and a stud QB is available, my guess is wed be taking one. Let me know when a Burrow or Justin Herbert is sitting around at pick 10 or later for us to take one.

So in a nutshell... the bengals did jack squat different than anyone else, except have the number 1 pick and hit gold with the QB. To do that, you need a very high pick and also a very obvious need at the QB position.
So you imagine a team is built in one year???
Fact is they spent a 1st on a QB and developed him and showing the ability to sustain success in the salary cap/ free agency for 5 straight years is more than our FO has done, so scoff all you like.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So you imagine a team is built in one year???
Fact is they spent a 1st on a QB and developed him and showing the ability to sustain success in the salary cap/ free agency for 5 straight years is more than our FO has done, so scoff all you like.
yea... those great Bengals coaches "Developed," burrow into a great QB.... enter eye roll here...

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I dont need to . I know the answer before I even look. QB... its that simple, and that aint got much to do with a teams FO.
The FO of the Cowboys are responsible for everything. The one constant for the last 26 years.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The FO of the Cowboys are responsible for everything. The one constant for the last 26 years.
And who do you imagine developed him, the Browns coaches????
So do you think great QBs come into the league and if they didnt have a specific coach to "Develop," them, they would fail? There is a reason a player is drafted number 1 in the entire draft, and it isnt because the team is hoping their coaches can coach them up. Any QB drafted number 1 that fails to ever make a sb appearance is an absolute FAILURE on the part of the team.

The Bengals had the worst record in the damn league, drafted Burrow and a mere 2 seasons later were in the SB... please dont talk to me about how great the Bengals did at developing Joe Burrow.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So do you think great QBs come into the league and if they didnt have a specific coach to "Develop," them, they would fail? There is a reason a player is drafted number 1 in the entire draft...

History tells us it's often because of poor player evaluation, given how many of them flop. If only it was as simple in real life as it is in your fantasy world.

plasticman

Reaction score
That depends.

When will Micah Parsons assume that leadership role like Ray Lewis and refuse to accept anything but the maximum effort from his teammates?

The intensity, the drive, the leadership, the example and the unwavering commitment has to come from the ranks of the players. if some of them set the tone then this team could go far despite the unintentional but effective sabotage by the team's owner.

Flamma

Reaction score
How many back to back playoff teams have Jerry and Stephen put on the field in the last two decades? Seriously asking since I'm too lazy to look it up.

Them missing the playoffs after having a good season would be rinse, wash, repeat.

I think once. Now that they added a playoff team it gets a little easier.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
So do you think great QBs come into the league and if they didnt have a specific coach to "Develop," them, they would fail? There is a reason a player is drafted number 1 in the entire draft, and it isnt because the team is hoping their coaches can coach them up. Any QB drafted number 1 that fails to ever make a sb appearance is an absolute FAILURE on the part of the team.

The Bengals had the worst record in the damn league, drafted Burrow and a mere 2 seasons later were in the SB... please dont talk to me about how great the Bengals did at developing Joe Burrow.
The more you post, the more you show your ignorance.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is the most sure bet rinse and repeat season I've seen since the back to back to back 8-8 Glory Days.

you-will-not-make-putt.jpg

You will not make the NFCCG, you Jack-***!

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I'll cheer for the Cowboys until they are eliminated or become super bowl champs. Wash rinse repeat. :flagwave: If you're expecting the worse don't forget to add the fabric softener :laugh:

:huh:I just don't understand no optimism before the season starts.
Let's go Cowboys! :flagwave:

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Because they once represented greatness. I could care less if the nfl went under if it wasn’t for the boys. They gave me many enjoyable years in my youth. The 70s and 90s were a blast. It has nothing to do with the current regime. Our only hope is to draft a stud QB who can overcome the Jones clan. Unless that happens it will continue to be status quo.
This team hasnt won anything since having pedigree at the QB position. The reason you need pedigree is not to pound crappy teams into submission but to convert tight window 3rd down completions against playoff teams and to throw TD passes in the playoffs.