Will this be a Rinse and Repeat season

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll just take the good with the bad and enjoy the games for their entertainment value.

Keeping expectations at arm's length works best for me. We're good, but not great!!
We know what to expect from this organization -- it's an affair of convenience.:grin:

This team might not be the cat's meow but they beat merely staring at the walls! ;)

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
This team hasnt won anything since having pedigree at the QB position. The reason you need pedigree is not to pound crappy teams into submission but to convert tight window 3rd down completions against playoff teams and to throw TD passes in the playoffs.

Our problem isn't just QB. We had a very good QB in Romo. Where did that get us? Jerry has never been good in the off season post 1996. At one point he made wild trades and he gambled, it bit him in the butt. Now they're passive to an extreme. Teams like the Rams, Eagles, Browns, Bills, all clearly making win now decisions. The Cowboys are doing nothing remotely close to their model.

I'm not a big Dak fan, I didn't want him signed. But he's not garbage. I'd say he's a good QB. But he's going to need help. Similar to how the 49ers helped out Garoppolo. How else would they knock off the Packers twice in the last three years? Especially 2019. Did anyone think the Packers were going to beat the 49ers in 2019? I hope not. And Rodgers is way better than Jimmy G. The 49ers were just way better.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
History tells us it's often because of poor player evaluation, given how many of them flop. If only it was as simple in real life as it is in your fantasy world.

Who said it was simple? Drafting a legit QB is a total crapshoot. I can think of many, many top 10 qbs drafted that were flops. But Im pretty sure drafting Payton Manning.... I could have made that pick and been pretty successful with it, no matter who the coaches were that "Developed," him.