Twitter: Will we ever have leaders like this again on our team?

Aftershock

Reaction score
Unfortunately times have changed. They don’t make men like these anymore. The players are more concerned with their twitter and instagram followers. It’s funny how the players in my opinion are more skilled and athletic than ever but they have the weaker mental strength than ever before.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Last time we had anything close to this was Dez and everyone labeled him a diva. But we do need a QB that does more than just dap up people on the sidelines after a offensive turnover.

Haha when he started fist bumping everyone after his pick 6 to make it 27-0 I realized then that the dude has no idea how bad he was playing. It was pure comedy hour.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
No it’s too much pressure for these guys to take now. They need a 1st round QB that has ice water running through his veins. That’s the only way this thing will ever succeed again. The media, social media, exposure is more than it’s ever been and the players get trapped in it. The proof is when the Cowboys are underdogs and everyone writes them off you’ll see them come out and play pretty inspired, sometimes they’ll get a big upset. When they are on top riding high they can’t handle it and crash down fast.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
A different team in a different era. With social media every Cowboy is a star, whether they win anything or not. Worse? That's how the leadership likes it.

Stop expecting it to change. You'll feel a lot less frustrated after playoff losses. Hire a new coach, it won't matter. Not with the kind of coach Jerry will hire.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
It worked great after 96 till his retirement.
Man I often wonder what would’ve happened in 99 if Irvin and Moose weren’t lost for the season. That team really did look special at the beginning of that year. I think they started 4-0 and looked so dominant. Even Lafluer was coming on. That Irvin injury and then moose took all the steam out of that team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

This is silly.......coz it implies the team leader has to be a QB and that's just not true. Don't get me wrong, Troy was certainly a leader but so was Emmitt, Woodson, and Allen just to name a few.

Let me ask this question........raise your hand if you think Dak has lost the locker room.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
get out of here with that crap, guys on here said Troy was a bus driver and that crap prescott is the best qb ever. Go back a few weeks and you can see this stupidity.
Yeah, how did that leadership help those first 3 and last 4 seasons of Troy's career? It takes more than leadership to make and succeed in the playoffs. Yes, leadership and proper motivation is important but so is having a good running attack, good protection, good passing route running, good playcalling and a great Defense. Where were any of these this past Sunday?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yeah, how did that leadership help those first 3 and last 4 seasons of Troy's career? It takes more than leadership to make and succeed in the playoffs. Yes, leadership and proper motivation is important but so is having a good running attack, good protection, good passing route running, good playcalling and a great Defense. Where were any of these this past Sunday?
lmao, making fun of Troy to make that sack of crapprescott better. unbelievable.......

Cmac

Reaction score
Last time we had anything close to this was Dez and everyone labeled him a diva. But we do need a QB that does more than just dap up people on the sidelines after a offensive turnover.
Never forget Dez being calmed down by our leaders, after witnessing Detroit come back. I was SMH.

That was the "leadership" this board hails. And the defense left Brandon Carr out to dry.......all game like the Chaz Greene debacle.

OIP.vhj4q5nu62kZ9_YLcWw_DwHaE8

phildadon86

Reaction score
A different team in a different era. With social media every Cowboy is a star, whether they win anything or not. Worse? That's how the leadership likes it.

Stop expecting it to change. You'll feel a lot less frustrated after playoff losses. Hire a new coach, it won't matter. Not with the kind of coach Jerry will hire.
The biggest problem for the Dallas Cowboys is...The Dallas Cowboys. That star is the problem. Jerry said it. "We have to win, we are the Dallas Cowboys". What he doesnt realize is that thought process is the problem. The Cowboys no show in games because they believe they just need to show up and they will win because of the Star. And that has Jerry written all over it.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Man I often wonder what would’ve happened in 99 if Irvin and Moose weren’t lost for the season. That team really did look special at the beginning of that year. I think they started 4-0 and looked so dominant. Even Lafluer was coming on. That Irvin injury and then moose took all the steam out of that team.
I think we lost Ellis that year too who was on his way to having a Hall of Fame career in my opinion. He was never the same after he came back from the broken leg.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
How hypocritical. Not a single one of you ever criticized #9 even though he was the same type of "leader"...

Y'all kissed his feet for his "leadership".

After playing through broken ribs, a ruptured spleen and a broken back he didn’t have to say much. The guys knew what type of man he was.

Don’t know what this thread has to do with Tony Romo but I guess when you’re desperate to cope on behalf of a player you’ll do whatever you can, eh?