Will we win any of the first 6 games?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
OK, before you start shooting, lesson to what I have. First, look at the secondary and the new faces; Second, all the DL players out for the first games; third, Zeke out for the first 6 games; and finally the state of the OL with 2 lesser players on the OL. I have us at 10-6 for highest record for season but if the first 6 are losses we would have to win out for the other games. Most experts have the Cowboys at no more than a 9-7 season and I am beginning to believe they are right.

How many of the first 6 games do you think we can win?
I'm lessoning....we'll be fine, DMac and Morris will fill in alright as long as the gameplan is planned accordingly which might be a little different than if Zeke was playing.

BTW, I think the suspension will be reduced to more like 2 games....I just can't see it staying at 6 games for punishing a player for something that law enforcement won't even pursue charges on.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, before you start shooting, lesson to what I have. First, look at the secondary and the new faces; Second, all the DL players out for the first games; third, Zeke out for the first 6 games; and finally the state of the OL with 2 lesser players on the OL. I have us at 10-6 for highest record for season but if the first 6 are losses we would have to win out for the other games. Most experts have the Cowboys at no more than a 9-7 season and I am beginning to believe they are right.

6...and we are going 19-0...

bud914

Reaction score
Mods, think maybe we need another forum named "Overly Dramatic" zone??

We already have the Drama Zone....

canters

Reaction score
There is a decent chance Zeke goes to court and delays his suspension if he does not like the results of his appeal. So, yes, we will win some games. If he plays, we can win 4 of them, maybe more. If he sits, we can win 3, I would guess.

Hardline

Reaction score
Darren McFadden will be the leagues leading rusher when Zeke comes back.
The Cowboys offense won't see many stacked eight man fronts until Zeke comes back.

Swanny

Reaction score

Yes because DMC is a decent RB. I Trust he can handle the load for 6 games.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

RT was upgraded, not downgraded.

CB Brown started many games last season. He should be even better now. Scandrick is much better health-wise now. Carroll is a veteran that has looked good in training camp. Heath has been here several years and played a lot last season. Jones in 2nd year as starter at FS. Awuzie is 4th CB and has looked decent in camp. Lewis is a bonus if he plays.

DE Moore was a longshot to make the roster when signed. Taco and Tapper are new options. DLaw healthier now.

DT Collins was terrific last season after missing camp with foot injury. He will only improve Paea has better history of staying healthy than departed DT McClain.

That being the suspension concerns to Zeke and Irving.

The DL is built for depth more than top tier talent. If DLaw stays healthy while Irving out then that about break even as compared to last season when DLaw could barely function.

Zeke is a big loss because he's a Super Star; however, in terms of need, RB was not a huge need position before Zeke arrived. The OL has 3 All-Pros. McFadden has shown in the preseason to still be one of the fastest guys on the field. Give him good blocking and he's good. He just can't perform without good blocking like some other RBs might because he needs space to get going. Morris is quality Zone RB, he just can't block or catch. RB Smith has been a Star of the bottom of the roster players this preseason/camp.

My only real worry is Tyron's back. Cleary has struggled to block 3rd string players this preseason. Chaz Green has terrific ability but can't stay healthy.

BHendri5

Reaction score
You mean Listen to what you have, right? anyway we will win the first 6 games regardless.

ghst187

Reaction score
Zeke was terrible first two games last year and Dak was making his first starts as a rookie and yet we should've won the first game and went on a tear after that, also missed Dez for a while.
Our D will be better, I think Dak will be unstoppable, and we have even more weapons and versatility on offense. The gnats will be tough, always are, but denvers QB play is awful.
But really the bottom line is that an improved Dak with our WRs and OL is more than enough to bEat a lot of good teams.

bigbob

Reaction score
:) a better title would be how many games of the first six will we win?
4_2 or 3_3 is what I am thinking.
Nyg ~need a better game plan to beat them.
Denver great def
GB~ well they seem to love beating Dallas
Hard to say but probably won't get the same good start as last year of 5_1