Will we win any of the first 6 games?

aikemirv

Reaction score
OK, before you start shooting, lesson to what I have. First, look at the secondary and the new faces; Second, all the DL players out for the first games; third, Zeke out for the first 6 games; and finally the state of the OL with 2 lesser players on the OL. I have us at 10-6 for highest record for season but if the first 6 are losses we would have to win out for the other games. Most experts have the Cowboys at no more than a 9-7 season and I am beginning to believe they are right.

How many of the first 6 games do you think we can win?

Zeke will play but even if he did not I think Dak could run, and we have the weapons for, a New England type ball control passing game - at least enough to win 4 of 6

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
I have the feeling Zeke will play all 16 games this year
I like "your feeling" but I'm guessing his appeal gets the suspension down to 4 games. I think his recourse is going to be a lawsuit later whereby he sues for defamation of character.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
zeke won't be suspended 6 games. I'm guessing 2-4 games. Hoping just 1 game just for his actions and as a wake up call because I doubt he will not be suspended at all.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like "your feeling" but I'm guessing his appeal gets the suspension down to 4 games. I think his recourse is going to be a lawsuit later whereby he sues for defamation of character.
I think he sues and gets a stay until the case is resolved. I think it will be similar to Brady in 2015.

I think he plays 16 in 2017 and misses 6 in 2018

BigD5

Reaction score
Without zeke:
Nyg L
Den W
ARI L
LAR W
GB W
SF W

With Zeke
NYG W
Den W
ARI L
LAR W
GB W
SF W

Bigwheelz34

Reaction score
First of all, If were not good eneugh to go .500 without Zeke, Then we arent good eneugh to be a contender with him IMHO... But thinking of that, I propose a question... If we take for granted that Zeke will be suspended 6 games ( bear with me).. How many people would rather it be shoved back til the beginning of next season by court appeals as opposed to getting it out of the way now? I have a hard time making up my mind on this one.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The goal should be to play .500 ball for the first 4 - 6 games, which I think this team is more than capable of doing. Yes we have a lot of suspensions and rookies to account for, but our depth is deep enough to weather the storm.
Zeke is a great player, but a RB is not going to reduce us to a .500 team, in my opinion. If we go 3-3, then we should anticipate a 8-8 season.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
A year ago was how many games would the Cowboys win without Tony Romo?

I'll take that number again, thanks.

Sportsdude360

Reaction score
I think we will win all 6. Jaylon Smith and Sean Lee are going to terrorise opposing QB's!!!

Hailmary

Reaction score
Zeke is a great player, but a RB is not going to reduce us to a .500 team, in my opinion. If we go 3-3, then we should anticipate a 8-8 season.
You really think we would have won as many games as we did without Zeke?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Offense could really face issues if Tyron is injured. It could cause a ripple down the O-line considering LG will probably be our weakest position. Whoever we go with at LG should be fine between a pair of healthy All-Pros, but they could also be a disaster with Tyron out or hobbled. Throw in no Zeke and you're looking at problems.

lqmac1

Reaction score
OK, before you start shooting, lesson to what I have. First, look at the secondary and the new faces; Second, all the DL players out for the first games; third, Zeke out for the first 6 games; and finally the state of the OL with 2 lesser players on the OL. I have us at 10-6 for highest record for season but if the first 6 are losses we would have to win out for the other games. Most experts have the Cowboys at no more than a 9-7 season and I am beginning to believe they are right.

How many of the first 6 games do you think we can win?
Didn't we have the same exact conversation last year when Romo was projected to miss 6 weeks? Didn't we start out 5-1?

Zeke is a monster, baller and all the above, but let's not act like we can't win games without him.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
If no injuries to the OL, we'll go 4-2 at worst. I see shades of a top 15 defense by the middle and end of the year. On offense, Dak is in complete control and I agree 100% with this:

Last year we could just grind teams and eat up the clock. This year Dak is in command so much that I saw a hurry up type offense. This will prevent teams from making adjustments and bring in the right sub packages. We would have been up 14-0 If DMC didn't fumble. This without using T-Will, Switzer and of course, arguably our best player: Zeke. We'll be scarier this year. I'm hyped!

RoboQB

Reaction score
The goal should be to play .500 ball for the first 4 - 6 games, which I think this team is more than capable of doing. Yes we have a lot of suspensions and rookies to account for, but our depth is deep enough to weather the storm.

The goal is never to play .500 ball. Maybe in Cleveland, not here.
The goal is to win them all.

People will learn to believe in Dak if we play the first 6 without Zeke... I think he may miss 0-4 games.
Dak showed command of his offense in the 95 yard hurry up drive.
The oline still wins the LOS every run play. Well be fine. 4-2 at worst.