Wimbley/Lawson...as good as..Ware/Merriman??

speedkilz88

Reaction score
SD did platoon Merriman in his first year. Dallas could do that with Al Singleton who played well until injured, his one weakness is no pass rush ability. He isn't even that big of LB himself. But I do agree that Ware could make the move to SOLB, at least until Manny/Wimbley were ready for that side. The coaches have already asked Ware to bulk up to 260.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bayarealightning said:
I try to add something to the discussion. I am not as versed in the Cowboys as you guys are, so if there is a general football discussion, or a discussion on a Charger player, I may add my own .02 cents in. I live by the credo of "It is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and prove it":)
IMO you've been a grade A poster from day 1 here before the opening game last year, and I look forward to your posts.

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
bayarealightning said:
I will say this, every hit of Merriman's is a big hit. He doesn't look for it, but they come by his tackling style (in other words, he doesn't wind up to get a little extra omph while tackling, but propells his body from a sound position). Also, he doesn't miss very many tackles. The Cowboys do not need someone like Ware, but a guy who can take on the TEs and OT in the running game and also drop into coverage. Unless, the 'Boys want to move Ware to the left side of the defense (the strongside). Ware could eventually do it, but he is perfect for where he is. Any OLB that you guys look at, should definately be strong at the point of attack and should also be able to rush the QB.

Thanks for chiming in Bayarealightning. It's good to have an unbiased oppion around here sometimes. Stop by anytime....:)