Winning in spite of McCarthy

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I go with intentional. We may question some decisions from a fan perspective, but I believe there are reasons we are not privvy to.
I agree and that’s all I’m saying. We are questioning these things on our couch. But if we are questioning every week after wins? Maybe we are the ones who are wrong?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Aren’t you the guy who didn’t even understand what clock management was lol? So it doesn’t shock me the resident poster who walks on his knuckles and breathes out of his neck is the one who doesn’t understand something lol.

You’re endowed with the brain you were given so I shouldn’t hold it against you; that’s genetics.

If you think the final outcome excuses individual situational decision making you’re as dumb as I know you to be.

“hEy guyZ, evereethingz gr8at!! We w0n!!!”

Last edited:

Jarntt

Reaction score
What I thought was questionable yesterday. Accept the damn penalty and make it 2nd and a mile. 3rd and 12 is so much easier to pick up. That was a horrible decision. It was a no-brainer and he seems to have no brain.
We had the entire time in between quarters to review the spot on the 3rd and short and then took the clock down all the way down to 2 seconds (maybe to try and draw an offsides?) and still got the challenge wrong. You don't win those types of challenges unless it's obvious and we had forever to watch it back. It wasn't clearly a bad spot and we shouldn't have challenged and you can't blame it on having to rush before the ball was snapped.
If you are going to go for 2 in that spot because of the penalty, run the darn ball. Otherwise kick the xp. I understand you could go either way on this one, but that's just how I feel.
Diggs was hurting. I don't fault anyone for that unless I hear this wasn't the case. It did however expose how bad Brown and Canady are.

Reactions: BAT

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
:popcorn:
You’re endowed with the brain you were given so I shouldn’t hold it against you; that’s genetics.

If you think the final outcome excuses individual situational decision making you’re as dumb as I know you to be.

:facepalm:I’m embarrassed for you. And like I told you yesterday in DMs you are far too concerned with my parents when your uncle and father are the same person.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
:popcorn:
:facepalm:I’m embarrassed for you. And like I told you yesterday in DMs you are far too concerned with my parents when your uncle and father are the same person.

What DM are you speaking of specifically?

It’s hard to sort through your SPAM calling me a white supremacist and child molester.

Loool, you got your feelings hurt and are now completely unhinged.

:laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What DM are you speaking of specifically?

It’s hard to sort through your SPAM calling me a white supremacist and child molester.

Loool, you got your feelings hurt and are now completely unhinged.

:laugh:
Yeah I’m unhinged lol. I’m embarrassed I even entertain the site fool like I do. I already know what to expect from you this is how you act when the Cowboys lose lol. You can’t kill my joy though. We 3-1.:laugh:

DenCWBY

Reaction score
If MM is in charge of making halftime adjustments, I think he did very well. I liked a few game time decisions like going for 2 on the extra point and although not successful on that and the time outs at half, he at least tried to give us a chance to take the lead at half time. I'm still suspect about his clock management skills and hope he's improving like the rest of the team.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
McCarthy's in-game coaching is just so bad.
  • His clock management is just awful
  • Challenging the wrong plays, wasting timeout
I blame him and the coaching staff around him who can't support him during these critical moments during the games. No faith in him or the people he brought with him.

Quinn should be better too.
  • Why call such vanilla defenses early in the game, with no deception at the LOS, only to make adjustments at halftime? Why not start the game being aggressive with early blitzes, or at least the fear of a blitz? Why not turn the game into a chess match from the first snap? It obviously works well, creating one-on-one and sometimes missed blocking schemes, and it often entices the QB to get rid of the ball early, often when the DBs are glued to the receivers. It just makes sense. And it's the most effective defense they play. Playing vanilla zone defenses and only rushing 4, with no deception at the LOS, teams just go up and down the field on the Cowboys. 3rd and 12? No problem against the Cowboys Dee and those zone defenses that RARELY work.
  • Quinn's BBDB and 3rd and long base defenses are just as bad as Marinelli's, just awful zone defenses with big holes everywhere. It seems like just a matter of how long it will take the other team to score, not if. Thus, why not just play aggressive and try to get off the field then? Mix in some zone blitzes or at least the threat? Don't just sit back and rush 4, and play a straight zone, letting the QB make easy reads. Hec, even the dump off pass gets 7 or 8 yards. The Cowboys stop trying to prevent 1st downs, their just trying to prevent TDs (hold them to a FG!), which is just a silly mentality, unless you're up 21 with 2 minutes left in the game. Not with a whole quarter left in the game.
Once the turnovers stop, the Cowboys defense is going to be giving up 40 points. The turnovers are covering up the bad defense. And Jaylon Smith is still not clearly good enough in the run defense. He's barely passable in pass defense. It may be time to move on from him. Other LBs are playing better.

Like past years, the Cowboys will have to win despite their bad coaching. Moore is definitely in a better groove calling plays, thank goodness.

Reactions: BAT

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yeah I’m unhinged lol. I’m embarrassed I even entertain the site fool like I do. I already know what to expect from you this is how you act when the Cowboys lose lol. You can’t kill my joy though. We 3-1.:laugh:

You mad bro?

“I see you snitched again……hey, why aren’t you responding to my DMs???? TALK TO ME!!!”

:lmao2:

Cowfan75

Reaction score
If MM is in charge of making halftime adjustments, I think he did very well. I liked a few game time decisions like going for 2 on the extra point and although not successful on that and the time outs at half, he at least tried to give us a chance to take the lead at half time. I'm still suspect about his clock management skills and hope he's improving like the rest of the team.

This is such a welcome change over the last...eternity. Actual adjustments made at halftime. If MM is dumb, he's at least smart enough to make the necessary adjustments, something Garrett was incapable of doing.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You are endowed with being a caustic piece of fecal matter.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I agree and that’s all I’m saying. We are questioning these things on our couch. But if we are questioning every week after wins? Maybe we are the ones who are wrong?

You'd be right if it was only fan noise.

His own players questioning his flaccid response in the 4th too.

Not to mention media and former players questioning him about decisions or time management every single week this season.

Are they all wrong too?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's not that easy IMO. There are many hats the HC wears, he' wearing some of them well, and some of them are a propeller cap.

Team emotionally ready to play- CHECK
Coordinators empowered- CHECK
Are the backups ready to play when their numbers are called?- CHECK (something Garrett never did)
Team Discipline, not making tons of mental mistakes and penalties- CHECK
Clock management - NO CHECK!!!
Game time situational awareness- NO CHECK!!!

The last 2 have been brutal, but DO NOT overlook how important the top 4 are. These are things people overlook when they assume a good OC or DC would automatically make a good HC. Completely different skillset.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You'd be right if it was only fan noise.

His own players questioning his flaccid response in the 4th too.

Not to mention media and former players questioning him about decisions or time management every single week this season.

Are they all wrong too?
I mean it depends. People questioned Steve Jobs. Hell people questioned Jerry buying the Cowboys…if the Cowboys win the SB this year or even get to a NFC Championship game are we really going to care what the media or outsiders say?

And are you saying Cowboys player have questioned him in public?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Last edited:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Who questioned him in the article?

Zeke and Randy did not agree with the passive 4th quarter strategy.

Both offense and defense went into play not to lose mode instead of throttling down and running that carcass over and over.

That's not clear to you?

Eddie

Reaction score
Great win today.

That said, let's not gloss over yet another game of McCarthy's mind-numbing time and game management.

There will be folks that will claim all is well because we won, but you can't keep making these bone-headed decisions and it not eventually come back to haunt you.

What was wrong with MM's game management? He made the calls he needed to make.

3rd and 12? I'm there as well.
1 yard for a 2 point conversion? I'd hit that without a second thought.

He made the right calls. We didn't execute.