Winston Justice...

juck

Reaction score
is the type of lineman that makes teams win.He is extremely athletic and powerful.I think we should get him.He wants to play for Dallas as well.This would be nice,not these uncoordinated lineman like Pe-titty and Al Johnson.:D

neosapien23

Reaction score
Justice will not make it to the 18th pick, but if he did he would be the BPA.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
If Justice falls, Plan A
If Huff falls, Plan B
If Williams falls, Plan C

Otherwise, trade up to get one of them or down and pick up Lawson.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dalmations202 said:
If Justice falls, Plan A
If Huff falls, Plan B
If Williams falls, Plan C

Otherwise, trade up to get one of them or down and pick up Lawson.
I agree with everything there.

jbsg02

Reaction score
huff WONT fall, justice might, and he could be a great pick.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
He's a bit of a shady charachter, but his talent is unquestioned.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
kobe2jail said:
He's a bit of a shady charachter, but his talent is unquestioned.
His character is extremely shady, but I like to take chances on studs.

jfell99

Reaction score
He's really not that shady. His suspension was extremely lame. He was playing video games with a guy, got pissed, and (he claims jokingly) pointed his BB gun at him.

Then gets busted for threatening with a weapon. Gone for the year.

Woods

Reaction score
On reason why I think JJ/BP won't draft Winston at 18,

Because the player they take there would probably be expected to start immediately rather than sit on the bench for a year.

I still think we'll end up going OLB with the 1st.

We'll take an OL later as we have time to groom him for 1-2 years behind Flo and Fabini. (My assumption being that both Flo and Fabini are healthy. I haven't ready anything to suggest they aren't.)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whoever is drafted at #18 has to be able to start...

So no offensive lineman will be selected.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woods said:
On reason why I think JJ/BP won't draft Winston at 18,

Because the player they take there would probably be expected to start immediately rather than sit on the bench for a year.

I still think we'll end up going OLB with the 1st.

We'll take an OL later as we have time to groom him for 1-2 years behind Flo and Fabini. (My assumption being that both Flo and Fabini are healthy. I haven't ready anything to suggest they aren't.)

Yep... OLB or FS.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I was not aware of the fact that Justice graded out that much higher then any of the other top OT prospects, excluding D'Brickshaw, of course.

neosapien23

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Yep... OLB or FS.

Don't be so short sighted. Dallas needs to take the BPA even if he doesn't start. Now if an OLB like Lawson or Wimberely is there at 18 than fine. But if both players are gone and Chad Jackson and Winston Justice are both there than we should overlook a position of need and take one of them. No way should the Cowboys take Carpenter over either one of these guys.

K-Mart

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Don't be so short sighted. Dallas needs to take the BPA even if he doesn't start. Now if an OLB like Lawson or Wimberely is there at 18 than fine. But if both players are gone and Chad Jackson and Winston Justice are both there than we should overlook a position of need and take one of them. No way should the Cowboys take Carpenter over either one of these guys.

We haven't won anything yet... we can't just take the BPA and call it a draft... He has to start right away and make an impact.... Give me Jimmy Williams after sliding and call it a day.

Eskimo

Reaction score
parchy said:
I'd rather take McNeill

You have to be careful with McNeill - has had some back problems. I would not draft him in the first.

neosapien23

Reaction score
K-Mart said:
We haven't won anything yet... we can't just take the BPA and call it a draft... He has to start right away and make an impact.... Give me Jimmy Williams after sliding and call it a day.

But Jimmy Williams is the BPA and is worth taking at 18. Would you take a FS at 18 if both Williams and Huff were gone if Jackson, Justice, Wimberely, or Lawson was there? I have no problems with Williams at 18, but the Cowboys should not reach for a FS at 18. Darnell Bing, KO Simpson, and Jason Allen are not worth the 18th pick.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
juckie said:
is the type of lineman that makes teams win.He is extremely athletic and powerful.I think we should get him.He wants to play for Dallas as well.This would be nice,not these uncoordinated lineman like Pe-titty and Al Johnson.:D

If he's there with the 18th pick and he's rated in the top-15 or so on our board, I'd take him

I think he is easily the 2nd best OL in the draft, could play RT immediately and possibly LT in a yr or two. Has huge upside and was a dominant player on a dominant team

that said, I really dont think he'll be there at 18

David

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
But Jimmy Williams is the BPA and is worth taking at 18. Would you take a FS at 18 if both Williams and Huff were gone if Jackson, Justice, Wimberely, or Lawson was there? I have no problems with Williams at 18, but the Cowboys should not reach for a FS at 18. Darnell Bing, KO Simpson, and Jason Allen are not worth the 18th pick.

I agree with this but to me, the issue is that there are only 12 to 15 players worth a pick at 18.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Whoever is drafted at #18 has to be able to start...

So no offensive lineman will be selected.

your banking on Adams being 100% and having no set backs? Fabini, who's older than Adams being 100%? Pettiti to show any real improvement, enough to even be at an AVERAGE level?

me, I'm not...while Justice isnt a sexy pick, he is an excellent talent at a position we were just dreadful at last yr (and have been pretty much for a few years)...as much as everyone blames the kicker for not making the playoffs, maybe had our two tackles not yielded 26 sacks and countless zero or loss runs, we'd have made the playoffs anyway

David