Wishful Thinking: Julius Jones trade

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I just was thinking what would Cowboys have to give up to get Jerious Norwood from Atlanta Falcons?

Then I came up with Julius Jones, I feel as if Julius Jones is somewhat like Warrick Dunn but the only difference Warrick Dunn knows how to find holes in defenses just like Marion Barber. JJ doesn't do that.

It's getting close to the end of the year so I do expect to see more of Marion Barber and Julius Jones rushing for over 300 yards in one game just to take his position back.

But after everything said and done, I would love for Cowboys to trade JJ and a 3rd round for Jerious Norwood. I believe Norwood would bolster our runningback core.

What are yall thoughts?

Reaction score
Man Julius Jones is on pace for like 1,300 yards rushing splitting time with MBIII and you want to trade him? Someone delete this thread quick!

cowboys19

Reaction score
Norwood would be awesome, but the Falcons would be ******** to trade him. He is their heir apparent to Dunn. They are basically the same type of back.

Id give up Jones + 2nd round pick for Norwood

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
JJ isn't going anywhere. MB3 is having a good stretch now, but look for JJ to ratchet it up in the playoffs.

Also, IMO MB3 is playing better than Jerious Norwood is right now. Why give up a 3rd rounder for what you already have?

cowboys19

Reaction score
ROMOSAPIEN9;1210142 said:
JJ isn't going anywhere. MB3 is having a good stretch now, but look for JJ to ratchet it up in the playoffs.

Also, IMO MB3 is playing better than Jerious Norwood is right now. Why give up a 3rd rounder for what you already have?

Norwood's speed and moves are rivaled only to Reggie Bush

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
cowboys19;1210144 said:
Norwood's speed and moves are rivaled only to Reggie Bush

That might be true. But MB3's production is unrivaled in the NFC.

cowboys19

Reaction score
ROMOSAPIEN9;1210147 said:
That might be true. But MB3's production is unrivaled in the NFC.

I agree, i was just saying Norwood would be a great compliment to Barber. Moresoe than Jones and Barber

ultra5

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;1210131 said:
I just was thinking what would Cowboys have to give up to get Jerious Norwood from Atlanta Falcons?

Then I came up with Julius Jones, I feel as if Julius Jones is somewhat like Warrick Dunn but the only difference Warrick Dunn knows how to find holes in defenses just like Marion Barber. JJ doesn't do that.

It's getting close to the end of the year so I do expect to see more of Marion Barber and Julius Jones rushing for over 300 yards in one game just to take his position back.

But after everything said and done, I would love for Cowboys to trade JJ and a 3rd round for Jerious Norwood. I believe Norwood would bolster our runningback core.

What are yall thoughts?

i love this idea... although Atlanta would have to be stupid to take us up on that.

jerious norwood is a star in the making.

did you see the ankle-breaker he laid on that cat from the deadskins? he made that safety cry for his mommy.

what a siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick move. it was the best run of last weekend.

:starspin

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
cowboys19;1210151 said:
I agree, i was just saying Norwood would be a great compliment to Barber. Moresoe than Jones and Barber

Good Point! Along with Tyson Thompson once he comes back. A balanced back core. Running, Catching, and Blocking they both have the same qualities but Barber is the best blocking running back in the NFL.

Any body seen what he did to Julius Peppers?

Reaction score
Fan Since 77;1210145 said:
Is the NFL a fantasy football league?

Lmao my point exactly, people only see the freakin' high light films and get enamoured with players from other teams...:rolleyes:

cowboys19

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1210157 said:
Lmao my point exactly, people only see the freakin' high light films and get enamoured with players from other teams...:rolleyes:

Just watch Norwood run, you can tell he is special. Highlight film, or no highlight film.

Fan Since 77

Reaction score
cowboys19;1210159 said:
Just watch Norwood run, you can tell he is special. Highlight film, or no highlight film.

Don't you think Atlanta thinks that as well? Or are you the only one?
Why would they trade him away if he's as special as you say?

cowboys19

Reaction score
Fan Since 77;1210161 said:
Don't you think Atlanta thinks that as well? Or are you the only one?
Why would they trade him away if he's as special as you say?

If you read my post i clearly said They would be ******** to trade him.

cowboys19

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1210160 said:
They have been subpar the entire season!

Every time he has touched the ball this season he has been a home run waiting to happen. Sorry if you haven't seen him that much, your missing out