With CB Cason running just under 4.50, where do you

lkelly

Reaction score
Marlin Jackson didn't run well at the combine, but was still drafted in the first round. In fact, the statements about Cason sound almost exactly like the comments about Jackson in that draft.

There will almost certainly be a run on corners before the top 40 picks go by. Corners and pass rushers are a given to go higher than expected in almost every draft.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
i have no problem with Cason in the first.. of course i would prefer him at 28 rather than 22 but if there is a big run on corners early, we may not have a choice.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1971430 said:
But on Cason... The "most polished" guy is exactly what we don't need IMO. Because we don't need anyone to start right away, our situation is perfect for a more athletic but less polished player that can be coached and groomed for a while. I'd rather have the guy with the high upside than a guy who is better now but is close to maxed out.

Didn't that philosophy kill us with Sherman Williams, Derrick Lassic and the other scrubs we picked up because we didn't need running backs to start right away? :confused:

If he's starter material, you take him - PERIOD. You're always one injury away from a backup coming in and starting.

Cason appears to have game speed. You don't return kicks if you aren't very fast or shift and quick. I think he'll be fine and hope the Cowboys take him somewhere in the draft.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1971646 said:
Didn't that philosophy kill us with Sherman Williams, Derrick Lassic and the other scrubs we picked up because we didn't need running backs to start right away? :confused:
No, those guys just couldn't play.