With each passing game I gain more acceptance of the inevitable.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Wade's ho hum style of leadership isn't helping the cause. Barring a strong run and possibly an appearance in the Super Bowl. Garret needs to take over the reigns post haste.

<flame retardant suit donned>

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Don't know why you need the flame suit... I'm sure most agree with you.

Once Red Jesus takes over, we'll win over 80% of our games, lead the league in all categories, and won't come out flat. Ever.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2297654 said:
Wade's ho hum style of leadership isn't helping the cause. Barring a strong run and possibly an appearance in the Super Bowl. Garret needs to take over the reigns post haste.

I have a funny feeling that around this time next year, we'll be criticizing Garrett just as much, if not more than Parcells/Wade combined, while Wade will be down in The Big Easy getting that Saints defense to wreck havoc.

Pt being that the personnel on this team just isn't very smart, much less have discipline and heart.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Wade's job is to stand on the sideline and look befuddled.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Wade's record regular season

16-4

Yeagh he sucks worse than Campos, Zimmer, Gailey, Coslett

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
bbgun;2297665 said:

Now I dare ANYONE to come in and say he's not good at that! :laugh2:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2297665 said:

And he does that incredibly well. :)

Honestly I really don't have a problem with the offense. Was it a little goofy against the Commanders? You bet. But it still put up 24 points, being dysfunctional as it was.

The defense on the other hand just befuddles me. How you can have so much talent/money wrapped up in one unit and have it look so completely inept at times is just incomprehensible.

Even if Wade were to be fired it wouldn't happen until after the season. I hoping, that somehow he and Stewart do something to salvage this mess of a defense-- soon.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2297679 said:

Honestly I really don't have a problem with the offense. Was it a little goofy against the Commanders? You bet. But it still put up 24 points, being dysfunctional as it was.

The defense on the other hand just befuddles me. How you can have so much talent/money wrapped up in one unit and have it look so completely inept at times is just incomprehensible.

Even if Wade were to be fired it wouldn't happen until after the season. I hoping, that somehow he and Stewart do something to salvage this mess of a defense-- soon.

I don't think that will happen, as much as I would like to see it

he'll come up w/ an excuse that Jerry Jones will eat up

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I don't know the exact history of Wade Phillips' defenses, but wasn't all of them pretty good at getting pressure and causing turnovers?

That all I heard when we hired him as the Head Coach.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2297654 said:

Garrett leads to know how to call plays while down by a little bit.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2297916 said:
I don't know the exact history of Wade Phillips' defenses, but wasn't all of them pretty good at getting pressure and causing turnovers?

His D sucked wind in Atlanta, but to be fair, his personnel was poor-his NT was a former 290 pd DE(Ellis Johnson), and his LBs were undersized to play the 3-4.

However-he almost always utilized talent really well. In Denver, his 3-4 NT was a 245 pd Greg Kragen, and they had a top 5 D in '89(the year they went to the Super Bowl).

Not sure why it's not working out for him here.

Boysboy

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2297918 said:
Garrett leads to know how to call plays while down by a little bit.

Didn't you say in another thread how TO putting himself ahead of the team is weighing everyone down?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2297916 said:

Meh. Camp fodder....................

rcaldw

Reaction score
The whole argument for Wade Phillips as head coach was his defensive expertise, as I remember it. Well, I haven't seen it. Garrett's playcalling can be one dimensional at times, but in my view, he has done his job. If the Cowboys defense performed like the offense, we would be a lock for a championship.

Having said all that, however, I really do think that sometimes Cowboys fans just need to realize that even great teams lose regular season football games.

We just lost, plain and simple, and we can dissect it to the end of the day and it won't change it. They beat us, and thankfully, we get to come back this week and play another one, hopefully building to a great playoff run and a Super Bowl win.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2297679 said:

The funny thing is that you see the Parcells project in Miami is way more aggressive. Wade in SD was way more aggressive.... Why are we the most prevent defense in the league every year.

Boysboy

Reaction score
dmq;2298040 said:
The funny thing is that you see the Parcells project in Miami is way more aggressive. Wade in SD was way more aggressive.... Why are we the most prevent defense in the league every year.

Like I said, PERSONNEL probably has alot to do with it. Even if Rex Ryan was coaching our D, it would be the same.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't get this idea that we don't get pressure. We've gotten sacks every game, and been around the QB in every game (Including missing 2-3 sacks in each game that we should have got) so it's not like they're standing around doing nothing.

The lack of turnovers is quite alarming though. We're not taking the ball away at all and that is a cause for concern.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I think all the blame and credit this season needs to go to the players.

Some pretty good coaches have been coaching a number of these players on this team, and the results are always the same. For some reason there comes a point in the season where the team is flat, and against the nfc east it seems more frequent.

I will never understand why our secondary is so bad. It is baffling to me. We have had some really talented people coaching this secondary but it doesnt seem to matter.

Hopefully this group will get better as the season goes on.