With most dysfunctional ownership Cowboys amazingly field a playoff caliber team

rambo2

Reaction score
They have at some positions which has built the core of the roster. But they’ve also had some major bust and risky decisions most notably on defense .

And those could explain our weaknesses on this roster which are preventing this team from more success against better teams and in the playoffs.
All teams have busts. The Cowboys have done well even with the busts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All teams have busts. The Cowboys have done well even with the busts.
Not well enough obviously. Unless of course you’d describe these last few seasons as successful.

But since I’ve often argued the Bar has been lowered this era under Jethro then perhaps you’re right. This is our new level of success.

rambo2

Reaction score
Not well enough obviously. Unless of course you’d describe these last few seasons as successful.

But since I’ve often argued the Bar has been lowered this era under Jethro then perhaps you’re right. This is our new level of success.
12 wins is a good place to start.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
12 wins is a good place to start.
Yea. Haven’t we kinda been in that starting place for a few years now ?

Appears to be more like we are treading water if not descending rather than progress. Tough to measure or provide a positive spin at this point.

But I suppose with our dysfunctional ownership we should be happy we can even field a playoff team .

rambo2

Reaction score
Yea. Haven’t we kinda been in that starting place for a few years now ?

Appears to be more like we are treading water if not descending rather than progress. Tough to measure or provide a positive spin at this point.

But I suppose with our dysfunctional ownership we should be happy we can even field a playoff team .
12 wins should get you the 1 or the 2.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
12 wins should get you the 1 or the 2.
It did one year out of 3. Only cause the team ahead of us totally collapsed.

Regardless we didn’t have success in playoffs.

But like I said I suppose we could argue this is successful football this era for Jethro Ball.

Can’t you tell how excited everyone is. Lol
Great season. Go Cowboys.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah, I am sure I will get blasted - The organization is solid and has solid people in it and running it. There is no one that wants to win more than Jerry. I am super pissed about the playoff loss as well - I thought we would boat race the Packers - Things just never seem to all line up at the right time.

They draft well, they manage the cap well. People destroy JJ on here but the guys that know him or have worked for him all rave about him. All the way to Parcells.

We need to get better on the field, and we need to get tougher. This is a weak team. Need an edge to them.
There is no repercussions for failure.

Run it back and making guys the highest paid at their position is their answer toward failure.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I’m not trying to deflect the frustration and disappointment.I feel it too. But a different perspective could at least put this all into a better understanding of how we arrived here and what our franchise has become. It also could explain the idiotic decisions we make despite most more normal responses and actions you’d expect.

No other fans this era would want an owner like ours who meddles and undermines the coaching staff not to mention his intent to be the face of the franchise playing out his dream of being a celebrity football guy.

30 other NFL teams follow a more organized and professional type of front office and management which allows for a more accountable stream which places them in a greater opportunity for success.

Amazingly many of these other franchises with normal protocols in place don’t have as much or anymore success than our dysfunctional situation. But at least they have a greater opportunity of finally obtaining the right people in mgmt and coaching to steer in a better direction.

The fact that we can even field a competitive team which can contend for playoffs is amazing considering. You’d think we’d be more of a bottom feeder consistently. But our owner who wears both hats of an owner and GM often has a conflict of interest placing his own personal agendas ahead of what’s ultimately best for Cowboys Football.

In his own words years ago said he’d fire a GM with his record . More recently said that remaining relevant and interesting was utmost priority to maintain the revenue stream. While he’d still like to win and have more success hes not willing to step aside to allow someone else to receive more credit. Basically he’s not interested in winning if he’s not the man running the show. It’s fundamental narcissistic symptoms.

He’s left with one major hurdle. To plead and sell the fans he’s doing everything possible with of course exception of standing down and then to build enough stars to hype hope for the fans.
This is all true, but Jerry has to be careful here because there is a tipping point.

Jerry has to have something to sell to the fans to keep them interested and hyped for the team and the next season. Doing what appears to be "nothing" has backfired.

You see how much anger the majority of Cowboy fans have right now that Fat Mike was not fired? It is way more than usual, be it on social media, the internet, tv, radio, ect...

Jerry is having a hard time selling Fat Mike and Dak to the fans right now and that is a major problem for Jerry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is all true, but Jerry has to be careful here because there is a tipping point.

Jerry has to have something to sell to the fans to keep them interested and hyped for the team and the next season. Doing what appears to be "nothing" has backfired.

You see how much anger the majority of Cowboy fans have right now that Fat Mike was not fired? It is way more than usual, be it on social media, the internet, tv, radio, ect...

Jerry is having a hard time selling Fat Mike and Dak to the fans right now and that is a major problem for Jerry.
We can only hope. Time will tell. We shall see. My hunch is MM has one season left. His seat is flaming hot.

Blue64

Reaction score
Yeah, I am sure I will get blasted - The organization is solid and has solid people in it and running it. There is no one that wants to win more than Jerry. I am super pissed about the playoff loss as well - I thought we would boat race the Packers - Things just never seem to all line up at the right time.

They draft well, they manage the cap well. People destroy JJ on here but the guys that know him or have worked for him all rave about him. All the way to Parcells.

We need to get better on the field, and we need to get tougher. This is a weak team. Need an edge to them.
Yeah and keep believing in “sugar plum fairies”
Jerry does not want to win a championship!!!!
He keeps saying that at the start and during every season, to keep fans like yourself excited, fill his stadium and buy his merchandise.

It’s been the same song and dance for 28 years and you and others keep buying the bs.

Yes they generally draft well but what follows?

JJ at the draft deadline, when everyone knew this team had glaring needs, but he knowing football “declared this team has no needs” Really SF whose D-line outclassed us, picked up some help, but heck you keep believing in JJ.

JJ is the GM and Owner and every other team in the league would have fired their GM repeatedly after x years of the same crap. All except the Cowboys.

So you and others keep believing that JJ wants to win while he laughs all the way to the bank.